Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mixu did in three hours what CA did not do in 5 years.

Comments

• K3KevilinioK3Kevilinio Registered Users Posts: 458
    CA should hire him.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IxalmarisIxalmaris Registered Users Posts: 851
    edited March 16
    Mattock said:

Shawmuscle also did a great Tzeentch custom model in his chaos mod:

Once CA finallly lets modders do their thing, a lot of problems will be solved whilst CA works on patches

No they won't be solved. Mods are just a bandaid.
    This saying comes from PnP games but also applies here.
    "Just because you can house rule (mod) something doesn't mean the problem does not exist."
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 2,057
    Ixalmaris said:

Mattock said:

Once CA finallly lets modders do their thing, a lot of problems will be solved whilst CA works on patches

"Just because you can house rule (mod) something doesn't mean the problem does not exist."
    True there are many people that play without mods... And its a pure shame when an unpaid person makes something better than a company that is selling a prodcut !
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,858

CA should hire him.

Hell no, he would be caught up in red tape and would slowly have all his creativity drained out of him

Better he stay on the outside and do what he loves

Aka

Providing the community with amazing content
  • neverendingneverending Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,929
    edited March 16
    Mattock said:

Ixalmaris said:

Mattock said:

Even if temporary, modders can implement features, units, and looks like models that we would have to wait ages for, if we ever get them at all, whilst CA has to focus on more major problems. Feel free to be a purist and not use mods but youre being unrealistic if you think that CA has the manpower or desire to fix all of the issues you have with the game.
    Mods are not just a bandaid for me.. they're basically a necessity at this point and are sorely missed for me right now to the point I don't wanna play tww3 untill they're in. The workshop being available close to after release was something i had mistakenly assumed with tww3.

I dont think I can buy more tw content anymore unless the game platform/ecosystem has the workshop available as well.
    Post edited by neverending on
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    ASUS TUF 3080 12 GB
    4TB Sabrent NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • GyrvendalGyrvendal Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 78
    Where I can download this? <3
  • VeldrinarVeldrinar Registered Users Posts: 518
    Love it. Mixu never disappoints.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,293
    It indeed is a good kitbash, but from CA I expect remodels. I want to look at models and bask in their bespoke presence.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,342

It indeed is a good kitbash, but from CA I expect remodels. I want to look at models and bask in their bespoke presence.

After what we’ve seen in the Chaos rosters and Kislev I think we can count those days as behind us unfortunately. Now is the age of coasting off of hype and cutting corners
  • skoontingskoonting Registered Users Posts: 25
    You cannot convince me that CA devs aren't unbelievably lazy
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 3,331
    edited March 16
    Going to add a comment here to salute Mixu, rather than bash CA

The man (I think) is a legend and we're fortunate he continues to improve our games, along with several other modders who consistently create fantastic quality regularly updated.
    skoonting said:

Then you're just a completely unfair person.

Why 'lazy'? Surely X people can product Y units in Z time? That doesn't change. Unless they're being 'lazy', in which case why would CA keep them employed?

What does change is the budget allocated to X or the amount of time allowed for Z. Blaming CA for it is fine, it's the decision (as a company) but don't blame the actual developers, blame the people responsible for assigning budgets to the projects and focusing on maximising profit margins before looking at the quality of their product or image of their brand. But those people aren't paid to be popular, they're paid to make money. And neither you or I can say they've done it incorrectly. Only by enough people being affected and choosing not to buy things from them will that change.
  • Red_MenousseRed_Menousse Registered Users Posts: 161
    edited March 16
    skoonting said:

I think the issue is more on management being unbelievably incompetent, how else can you explain taking a month to put out 2 small "hot™️"fixes.

All of this doomsaying thats been happening could've been avoided if CA wasn't so damn pathetically slow.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,342

skoonting said:

I think the issue is more on management being unbelievably incompetent, how else can you explain taking a month to put out 2 small "hot™️"fixes.

All of this doomsaying thats been happening could've been avoided if CA wasn't so damn pathetically slow.
    Yeah I don’t get a whiff of laziness from the people making the game, but it has felt like the people calling the shots have been doing their best to **** things up since the game was announced
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 3,331
    Just out of interest, the people clicking disagree on my post above, which part are you disagreeing with?

You can't really think "CA devs are unbelievably lazy" right?
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,363

Whelp, you made reddit.

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,502
    I do have to say though: you realize not every basic model can be so shiny looking right? Game would stutter and die. It needs to stay playable for folks who don't have high end machines, and using all that money and effort to cater solely to those few who do is pretty stupid considering the breadth and technological capabilities of the overall user base.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464

Just out of interest, the people clicking disagree on my post above, which part are you disagreeing with?

Tech tree. Change my mind.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,100
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,437
    This post deserves his own thread
    Sigmar protect us all...

• Pappa_FraPappa_Fra Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 307

Tech tree. Change my mind.
    started well by the OP, had a couple of interesting points from some users then it got filled by shills.

''Oh boo-hoo you have spent $60, now you expect a good game. Bethesda re-released SKYRIM 10 years after with bugs!''.

I mean...I played the new Skyrim and I have barely found any bugs, no performance issues, no issues really so..ok. I guess I am entitled for expecting the sequel to be better.
  • SeetheSeethe Registered Users Posts: 250
    edited March 17
    So what's the argument here? "Guys CA helped us do their job better, so they're a-ok" ?

Why the hell aren't they coding the reload animations themselves and make it a part of their game? What if the modder just stops modding one day? What guarantees us who paid for this game that those reload animations will still be available in the last patch of this series? They should at least get rid of their pride and implement some of these mods into the game, like many other devs do.
  • EthorinEthorin Registered Users Posts: 773
    Here's a question.

Does adding Reload Animations hurt performance? Because intuitively, yes. And for a gain in "immersion" that only applies to absolute weirdos who like watching their archers shoot instead of doing something useful... Or the absolute weirdos who like watching replays zoomed in instead of paying attention to the maneuverings. I dunno man, for all that some specific people complain alot about it... I never notice when it's there or not there. So if there's any performance hit at all, it's super not worth it for me personally.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,293

After what we’ve seen in the Chaos rosters and Kislev I think we can count those days as behind us unfortunately. Now is the age of coasting off of hype and cutting corners
    That may be true, but I'll never stop demanding better!
    Seethe said:

So what's the argument here? "Guys CA helped us do their job better, so they're a-ok" ?

Why the hell aren't they coding the reload animations themselves and make it a part of their game? What if the modder just stops modding one day? What guarantees us who paid for this game that those reload animations will still be available in the last patch of this series? They should at least get rid of their pride and implement some of these mods into the game, like many other devs do.
    I agree. Skyrim did that, they charged money yes, but they implemented a sizeable amount of mods (for $20) . Vermintide 2 did that also recently for free (added beloved mods and gave support) .
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,494
    The lack of Chaos mortals is not a problem. It's a conscious decision made by CA, in an effort to maximise its revenue. It's the most obvious case of cut-out content since the camel cataphracts of Rome II.
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,180
    Well at least the complaints are getting more refined.

Originally you had idiots complaining that there chaos warriors on the roster period that mucked up the complaints that people had just wanting the model to a more god specific armor. The positive thing about having a more focused complaint is there is a more realistic thing for CA to focus on if they choose to address it.

When 50% of the posters are griping that models FRAME was reused, it’s an eye roll and you just move on
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,180

Going to add a comment here to salute Mixu, rather than bash CA

The man (I think) is a legend and we're fortunate he continues to improve our games, along with several other modders who consistently create fantastic quality regularly updated.

skoonting said:

Then you're just a completely unfair person.

Why 'lazy'? Surely X people can product Y units in Z time? That doesn't change. Unless they're being 'lazy', in which case why would CA keep them employed?

What does change is the budget allocated to X or the amount of time allowed for Z. Blaming CA for it is fine, it's the decision (as a company) but don't blame the actual developers, blame the people responsible for assigning budgets to the projects and focusing on maximising profit margins before looking at the quality of their product or image of their brand. But those people aren't paid to be popular, they're paid to make money. And neither you or I can say they've done it incorrectly. Only by enough people being affected and choosing not to buy things from them will that change.
    I agree with the gist, but I disagree that blame ultimately goes to “the aether” that is the company. Calling people lazy might be an overreach. But those developers have more power then anyone is giving them credit for, and sometimes they need to step up to the plate whether that’s working overtime if they are on salary, asking for more time if it’s not sufficient, and insisting that certain things aren’t good enough and needs to be readdressed.

Blaming “the company” has just become a convenient excuse because at the end of the day the company is the employees who have tasks and jobs to do as teams and individuals. But it just “kinder” to place blame on the immaterial versus the people.

The biggest issues at AAA offices these days are the amount of people there that “just need a job” and either have little interest in the specific game they are working on or the specific tasks they are given.