Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who actually uses cults apart from slaanesh ones?

rgfezrefrgfezref Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 192
So i have to say the whole cult mechanic seems really tailored towards slaanesh as they are the only one that can create them on command. For the others you have to get the corruption high enough and hope, generally speaking if you get the corruption high enough you are either taking over or a rift of your god has appeared.

So yeah anyone feel like cults for the other three gods are very underused? Or am i missing something?

Comments

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,497
    I definitely think CA could have been more creative with the Cults. They're basically a way to have more of your unique currency and that's pretty much it.

• unepatateunepatate Registered Users Posts: 132
    khorne and nurgle are still somewhat useful, tzeentch ones are utterly useless
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,867
    Cults are a nice idea but yes they are weird. I personally never have enough devotees to use them effectively as slaanesh either.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,171
    Rift generated Khorne cults are useful, although I can't really control where they show up. If I'm in the province already, I'm likely to conquer it. But the rift generated ones are sometimes pretty cool.
  • rgfezrefrgfezref Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 192

Cults are a nice idea but yes they are weird. I personally never have enough devotees to use them effectively as slaanesh either.

Gifts of slaanesh are the way to go.
  • ShivaXShivaX Registered Users Posts: 309
    The RoI is bad for most of them.

"Pay 2500 gold to make 50 gold a turn."

I'm good.

The only one of note to me is Suddenly Skarbrand, which at least is fun and potentially useful.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,630
    i wish ai built them and protection builidngs could find them

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,724
    Getting to pop down one that summons Skarbrand in the middle of Cathay was quite fun, but yeah most of the time they just mean more skulls/infections/grimoires and that's boring.
  • tgoodenowtgoodenow Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 842
    Cults are pretty useless now; but I'm excited to see what modders are able to do with them.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,569
    Khorne cult let me build a teleport for Skarbrand right into eastern Kislev while all Kislev armies were focused on western part of Norsca...let me tell you that their 26 settlements is now down to 1, and about to get blown up >:)
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • philosofoolphilosofool Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,142
    Khorne teleport is great, but cults could have been a lot cooler.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    The first building for all cults is good (currency) second and third... I have never used them (if we don't count Slaanesh) !
    Last building is... Good for Khorne, Good for Slaanesh... but for the other 2 gods are next to useless ! Even the nurgle one is 50/50...
    Another WH3 thing that needs to be reworked or heavy tweaked !
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,076
    I bet modders will make sparks fly with them
  • VessingerVessinger Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    Pirate coves and Skaven Undercities generally had much more utility from what I've seen so far. Admittedly I haven't messed with Khorne and Nurgle yet so maybe they're fantastic, but Tzeech(sp?) cults were pretty underwhelming. Slaanesh cults were OK at best. The disciple army summoning one was particularly sad. They were never strong enough to take even the weakest garrison.