Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I really just want Bug Fixes.

OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 8,401
CA before you start "fixing" the Campaign can you just fix some of the games bugs. Like chariot collision damage not working, like Ogre Meat building not functioning, like Cathay Bastion Settlements and others getting progressively weaker towers as opposed to stronger towers as you upgrade the settlements.

Yeah there's issues with the Campaign, but with all of these bugs we haven't even had the chance to experience the Campaign as initially intended. There's some faction I've just refused to play because they have game breaking bugs and I'd like you to fix that before you start mucking about with the campaign.

Comments

• ammo2095ammo2095 Registered Users Posts: 860
    I think there are places to address these things in.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 8,401
    ammo2095 said:

Yeah... but notice that their 1.1 basically doesn't address Bug fixes at all.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,603
    OdTengri said:

ammo2095 said:

What? There is literally whole section of the 1.1 boot dedicated to bugfixing, including the issues to charges that you mention.

"BUG FIXES

With every build, we will be looking to fix, test, and package as many bug fixes into the build as possible—again, working towards that strong baseline for Total War: WARHAMMER III.

Update 1.1 certainly gives us the opportunity to tackle some of the key issues you’ve helped us identify; if all goes according to plan (i.e. everything passes testing and is confirmed to not have any side effects) here’s a taste of some of the key fixes coming your way:

ALT+Tab Crash Fix: We’re aiming to have a Steam Beta in your hands next week, and will let you know as soon as it is available. Depending on its success, we’ll bundle and share this with the rest of the community in Update 1.1.

Gift of Slaanesh: A conflict between the “Everlasing Gift” tech and “Gift of Slaanesh” upgrade will be resolved in the update.

Prologue Sticks after the Battle of Fort Devingard: Not after 1.1, it won't!

Soft Lock when ending your turn after losing Yuri: Not anymore; also fixed in 1.1.

Crash fixes: Several crash fixes have been implemented based on your reports both here and with our Support Team. This will be an ongoing effort as we work to get everyone in and playing the game!

Shadow Shroud: Be’lakors ability “Shadow Shroud” is now associated with his unique trait.

“Corrupted By”: Factions will now be able to remove negative “corrupted by” traits when in a region dominated by their favored corruption.

Achievement Issues: Whether unlocking achievements the wrong way, not unlocking achievements at all, or unlocking duplicate achievements, we’re implementing fixes for many of the achievements available in the game.

...and more!

This is by no means a complete list: there are plenty of behind-the-scenes fixes and other fixes that require testing confirmation before we’re comfortable committing to their inclusion in the update.

We’ll share the full list in Update 1.1, and encourage you to continue consolidating the bugs and other issues you find into threads here on the forum, or contacting our support team if you’re experiencing technical issues."
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
    OdTengri said:

ammo2095 said:

What does it address then?
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,637
    They literally just talked about 1.1 and how it will address bugs.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • philosofoolphilosofool Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,142
    edited March 21
    I agree, strongly. I'm not concerned for CA to fix stuff that can be modded easily.

I am concerned that my units stop following orders, can't find a route to a location that I send them to, wander off the map. I have completely lost control of a skull cannon unit on more than one occasion. Alt+r_click does not make my hybrid units perform a melee attack, which is one of the most important controls for a hybrid unit.*

Other things which are similar, in my opinion, include many map areas that look like a unit can move to them but are in fact not part of the underlying map area. I'm really tired of trying to send my unit to an area, drag clicking and discovering that the area in question is about 3/4 of the size it looks. Micro should not be about finding where my units can go...

These kinds of bugs are why the game doesn't have a strong foundation. Bad campaign mechanics that can already be removed with a mod are not the issue.

That said, I think CA is just doing that thing that companies do: instead of admitting to their faults and mistakes, they try not to talk about them while they fix them, in an effort to downplay the seriousness of the issues.

SO, I think we will get bug fixes. But I wish that CA were more focused on the bug than they seem to be (which may be connected to the thing companies sometimes do mentioned above.)

*I had dream of skull cannons being a fast hybrid artillery unit that I could fire with and then use to flank and attack the enemy missiles, or rear charge. To do anything like that, you have to switch to melee mode and then issue the attack order. The unit is easily the buggiest in the Khorne roster and it almost breaks it.

OdTengri said:

ammo2095 said:

What? There is literally whole section of the 1.1 boot dedicated to bugfixing, including the issues to charges that you mention.

"BUG FIXES

With every build, we will be looking to fix, test, and package as many bug fixes into the build as possible—again, working towards that strong baseline for Total War: WARHAMMER III.

Update 1.1 certainly gives us the opportunity to tackle some of the key issues you’ve helped us identify; if all goes according to plan (i.e. everything passes testing and is confirmed to not have any side effects) here’s a taste of some of the key fixes coming your way:

ALT+Tab Crash Fix: We’re aiming to have a Steam Beta in your hands next week, and will let you know as soon as it is available. Depending on its success, we’ll bundle and share this with the rest of the community in Update 1.1.

Gift of Slaanesh: A conflict between the “Everlasing Gift” tech and “Gift of Slaanesh” upgrade will be resolved in the update.

Soft Lock when ending your turn after losing Yuri: Not anymore; also fixed in 1.1.

Crash fixes: Several crash fixes have been implemented based on your reports both here and with our Support Team. This will be an ongoing effort as we work to get everyone in and playing the game!

Shadow Shroud: Be’lakors ability “Shadow Shroud” is now associated with his unique trait.

“Corrupted By”: Factions will now be able to remove negative “corrupted by” traits when in a region dominated by their favored corruption.

Achievement Issues: Whether unlocking achievements the wrong way, not unlocking achievements at all, or unlocking duplicate achievements, we’re implementing fixes for many of the achievements available in the game.

...and more!

This is by no means a complete list: there are plenty of behind-the-scenes fixes and other fixes that require testing confirmation before we’re comfortable committing to their inclusion in the update.

We’ll share the full list in Update 1.1, and encourage you to continue consolidating the bugs and other issues you find into threads here on the forum, or contacting our support team if you’re experiencing technical issues."
    Oh 6 bugs.... none of them ones I'm encountering. Notice how the 3 I mentioned aren't things that SOME players experience but things that EVERY player experiences because they mostly derive from issues with their Database and what assets get pulled.

These are all Because your Running X on Operating System Y with Graphics Card W and Q Drivers your game crashes.

Not like oh Frankie the intern put the Data Tables in Backwards because he's a screw up and QA didn't catch it because there is no QA.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,603
    OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

ammo2095 said:

"BUG FIXES

...and more!

Oh 6 bugs.... none of them ones I'm encountering. Notice how the 3 I mentioned aren't things that SOME players experience but things that EVERY player experiences because they mostly derive from issues with their Database and what assets get pulled.

These are all Because your Running X on Operating System Y with Graphics Card W and Q Drivers your game crashes.

Not like oh Frankie the intern put the Data Tables in Backwards because he's a screw up and QA didn't catch it because there is no QA.
    This is not the full list of fixes.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous

OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

ammo2095 said:

"BUG FIXES

...and more!

Yeah... I want the full list.
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,215
    I imagine on the day it's patched, we will know what is fixed. Asking before they know what is fixed is pointless at this time.
    He
    OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

ammo2095 said:

"BUG FIXES

...and more!

Yeah... I want the full list.
    What for?