Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I am too optimistic today..

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,215
edited March 29 in General Discussion
maybe patch this friday or on monday...

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,357
    I just want to hear some concrete news about....well...anything please

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• Pico0Pico0 Registered Users Posts: 284
    I wish we had more infos too... Let's keep our fingers crossed.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,806
    Awww yes, good old steam data bank checks make me nostalgic

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,021
    Got my fingers crossed then! Being optimistic I am hoping for patch this week, info on roadmap next week, and maybe Chorfs announced at the end of the month for an early May release.... Hopefully...
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,336
    'We apologise for delivering you Game3 in this sorry state. No player should experience what you have experienced. We want to reward your patience, here, as a token of appreciation: Chaos Dwarfs available for free download this April.'
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,641
    I mean, they said early April, that also applies to this week's Friday, I don't expect it to drop until at least next week, but we shall see.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,446

'We apologise for delivering you Game3 in this sorry state. No player should experience what you have experienced. We want to reward your patience, here, as a token of appreciation: Chaos Dwarfs available for free download this April.'

They gave Rome 2: Emperor Edition for free. But they won't do it here. They haven't even apologised for the shitshow.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I wish I could be way more hyped for this patch. However, having modded the rifts out (delayed them to turn 100) i kind of struggle to find anything that may really interest me.
    Of course i'll wait for the official patch notes, im sure there will be plenty of goodies, maybe i wont even have to remod the rifts again (or maybe i will, i can't stand the amount of corruption anymore).

I gotta say, i'm very much waiting for IE...
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,796
    At this point I don’t really care anymore, the RoC campaign will still be utter trash after the patch, so there is no point in going back to WH3 until IE is out.

I’m also going on a 3 weeks trip to South Korea next week, so I’m not really bothered by the game anyways. I just hope IE will come out in May/June or so.

I mean sure, the patch will make the RoC campaign less atrocious but it will still be a terrible campaign mode compared to ME. Let’s be honest here, the map sucks and is simply way to limited.

CA has to understand that the only thing that will bring back players is the combined Campaign.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,806
    ArneSo said:

At this point I don’t really care anymore, the RoC campaign will still be utter trash after the patch, so there is no point in going back to WH3 until IE is out.

I’m also going on a 3 weeks trip to South Korea next week, so I’m not really bothered by the game anyways. I just hope IE will come out in May/June or so.

I mean sure, the patch will make the RoC campaign less atrocious but it will still be a terrible campaign mode compared to ME. Let’s be honest here, the map sucks and is simply way to limited.

CA has to understand that the only thing that will bring back players is the combined Campaign.

And dawi zhar!

I want my evil dwarfs!!

ArneSo said:

And dawi zhar!

I want my evil dwarfs!!
    Yes but IE first. What’s even the point of adding Chaos Dwarfs when you can only play them in the absolutely atrocious RoC campaign?
  • UgandaJimUgandaJim Registered Users Posts: 608
    Since we dont seem to have any community managers anymore and no news its back to scanning steamdb entries. Great ...
    UgandaJim said:

Since we dont seem to have any community managers anymore and no news its back to scanning steamdb entries. Great ...

Yap. It’s so sad that CA completely went back into silence mode after they received our hard earned money.
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,215
    UgandaJim said:

Back to the old good days ;)

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,466
    Simone is better than current ones
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    ArneSo said:

UgandaJim said:

Yap. It’s so sad that CA completely went back into silence mode after they received our hard earned money.
    People still preordered in droves, sales exceeded WH2, as far as any upper management might be considered this was a total success.

Why change if the business model is still profitable? A few statements, a couple patches people will be buying more dlc in no time flat.
    Vildvarg said:

ArneSo said:

UgandaJim said:

People still preordered in droves, sales exceeded WH2, as far as any upper management might be considered this was a total success.

Why change if the business model is still profitable? A few statements, a couple patches people will be buying more dlc in no time flat.
    Of course it was a massive success. WH3 is CAs most successful game of all times at this point.

But the lack of communication is still unbearable and it’s mind boggling that CA as a company acts like that in 2022, when communication is so incredibly easy.

This secretive attitude of CA is simply outdated in times of social media.
    Vildvarg said:

ArneSo said:

UgandaJim said:

People preordered because its Warhammer 3. Many fans wont pay for the next historical games.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,803
    We might get news... but at this point I have given up, (I want and hope for better but...) I think even the patch will be smaller than we think...

I expect something bigger the month after April (May).
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,519
    And I'm still pessimistic, I expect nothing until at least the second week of April.

I dont know if there are easter holidays. But this could lead to second half of April too :/
  • Pappa_FraPappa_Fra Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 289
    Will be interesting to see how well DLC will sell if it comes out before IE. I personally won't be buying anything until IE is out.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,745
    I only pre ordered because I thought I was buying TW3 (well asked my son for it). Not sure what popup tower defence with singular trash game mode he bought me but it sure doesn’t feel anything like WH3.

Still hoping for popups to be moved to predeployment phase only and for the race for souls to become optional.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,215
    ArneSo said:

don't forget that we will get mods
    business trip?

• SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,266
    Bies said:

maybe patch this friday or on monday...

Hm updating the release candidate branch is not a bad sign but could also mean that the beta patch is going live. We know they are working on a patch wich will be released in the coming weeks so that's not a surprise. But I think we can say that the work on the patch is going on
    Sigmar protect us all...

Bies said:

ArneSo said:

business trip?
    Mods are fine but they unfortunately can’t fix the map. After years of playing ME, the RoC map just lacks the diversity of WH2.

No just a fun backpacking trip. Originally I wanted to travel to Japan, but the country is still closed for tourists unfortunately. So Korea seems like a good alternative.
  • CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 1,406

They gave Rome 2: Emperor Edition for free. But they won't do it here. They haven't even apologised for the shitshow.
    Worse than that, they haven't even really acknowledged it so far.
    They want to give us a "good foundation" but in no words have they ever really said that they screwed this launch up
  • CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    ArneSo said:

Bies said:

ArneSo said:

business trip?
    Mods are fine but they unfortunately can’t fix the map. After years of playing ME, the RoC map just lacks the diversity of WH2.

No just a fun backpacking trip. Originally I wanted to travel to Japan, but the country is still closed for tourists unfortunately. So Korea seems like a good alternative.
    I heard the northern Parts of Korea are lovely at this time of the year.

Also, i hope we get the patch this week too, i am still in quarantine for this week, so would be neat to spend some time on 1.1 with mods
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,021
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

And dawi zhar!

I want my evil dwarfs!!
    Yes but IE first. What’s even the point of adding Chaos Dwarfs when you can only play them in the absolutely atrocious RoC campaign?
    CDs will most likely have their own campaign objectives and mechanics, like TKs and Coast did, I doubt they will take part in RoC Daemon Prince race.
    Goatforce said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

And dawi zhar!

I want my evil dwarfs!!
    CDs will most likely have their own campaign objectives and mechanics, like TKs and Coast did, I doubt they will take part in RoC Daemon Prince race.
    The campaign map will still be terrible and weirdly shaped. What’s the point of playing Chaos Dwarfs of most normal Dwarfs and GS aren’t even on the map.

I for my part don’t wanna play Chaos Dwarfs without Grimgor lurking around somewhere.