Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Would you *PAY* for a Bretonnia DLC?

Comments

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,460
    Yes. I am willing to buy a DLC for Bretonnian content.
    LukeWar86 said:

Na, i want my gunpowder. Bret is boring for me

Mallobaude got you covered.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,709
    I am happy to pay for any Warhammer content day 1 anytime.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,569
    I'd pay for multiple DLCs. 6th ed Bretonnia is outdated. For those who don't know, about 33-55% of the units in each game 1 and 2 army did not exist in 6th ed. Some rosters have literally doubled in size since their 6th ed books came out.

The are only 2 exceptions and that's the Dwarfs and Bretonnia. Only 20% of their roster is new and they should both get DLCs to help them keep up with everyone else.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that Her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,761
    Sure. I'll pay for any additional content.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,617
    Most likely. Depends entirely on the quality of the LP. I am a discerning customer.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• Kyler_883Kyler_883 Registered Users Posts: 349
    I really like and enjoy Bretonnia as a faction so I would definitely pay for them to get some good content and changes if need be.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,008

WOULD YOU *PAY*-

Yes.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 8,419
    Yes. I collect all content. It doesn't matter who or why.
    Here's hoping that "The Old World" provides us with new content.
  • GrumpyTheGreatGrumpyTheGreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 307
    Yes, anything that fleshes out game is welcome, but also comes back to if it's value for money. I buy most DLC, just not Chaos, monogod stuff, doesn't interest me, I still haven't bought Beastmen, but that's mainly cause I hate hordes.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,709
    One of the best races in game.
    I want more!
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,336
    Yes, I would pay for it. In fact, I demand great quality and quantity from it. Make it mini expansion.
  • IndefatigableIndefatigable Registered Users Posts: 263
    As with any DLC I would consider what is in it and whether I wanted it. I would not have any issues/concerns with the Brets getting paid DLC.
  • Nico_NINico_NI Registered Users Posts: 446
    Of course!
  • Beytran70Beytran70 Registered Users Posts: 199
    By ze Lady, it will be done!
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,589

This is what I want and the mechanics that go with them.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,791
    eomat said:

I still can’t believe that CA picked Alberic over Theoderic or Bohemond.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Data5Data5 Registered Users Posts: 458
    No, unless they can give me something not available in SFO. If they make something interesting like Red Duke then sure.
  • xomitsiousxomitsious Registered Users Posts: 102
    Other (Comments)
    I really like Brettonnia in the game. I usually play Greenskins so a mostly cavalry army makes for a refreshing change in style and tactics. As such they have been my second most played faction (2 complete campaigns to be precise, the hippy lady and Natalie Portman, both very enjoyable)

I also like their campaigns goals which are a bit differrent than "paint the map".

I would buy a DLC with them as long as it offerred interesting stuff. If the DLC was Bohemond (starting in Bastonne) vs a Chaos character starting up north with a few new units, for example, I wouldn't buy it. I still have loads of interesting LLs to try out, so adding a couple more to the waiting list isn't worth the money in my case.

If Bohemond started in Naggaroth, on the other hand, an area with no Bretonnian presence at the moment, there is a chance I'd buy it. If he was paired with a Greenskin lord, I would buy no matter his starting point.
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,624
    Brettonia is kinda screwed over being free and all. while it is hard to be as flesh out as say skaven or elves given they are a copy paste of medieval Frane which has to deal with undead, orcs, oversized rats and other spawn of the abyss. SO from that sandpoint they will always be less expensive with they roster as they they are way more bound to that then other "fantasy" races. but give them a few more niche options especially on the infantry side cause damn you can't hammer into anvil when your anvil is papermachee
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,075
    ArneSo said:

eomat said:

Alberic should have been a unique Lord that participate in the VCoast mechanic imo

Bohemond could be nice in game 3 with a Beastslaying quest, maybe killing the Dragon Children would a nice objective

But Theoderic isn't as needed though
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,589
    arthadaw said:

ArneSo said:

eomat said:

Alberic should have been a unique Lord that participate in the VCoast mechanic imo

Bohemond could be nice in game 3 with a Beastslaying quest, maybe killing the Dragon Children would a nice objective

All are needed imo. Theoderic with can just be unique Lord with a great axe and I'd be fine with that. I get that Bohemond could have a monster hunting mechanic and hopefully Alberic will be given a ship building one like the Vampire Coast.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 8,419
    arthadaw said:

ArneSo said:

eomat said:

Alberic? If we where going to put a nobody lord into the VCoast than surely Baron Marcel of Parravon who led an expedition into Lustria andfounding the great coastal settlement of Bregonne near the Temple-City of Tlaxtlan would have been a better candidate.

He could have even put a focus on Pegasus Knights.
  • Pico0Pico0 Registered Users Posts: 284
    Yes because dammit we better get Bohemond beastslayer.
  • Zviko0Zviko0 Registered Users Posts: 83
    More content, the better. And I enjoy all races and factions so...
    arthadaw said:

ArneSo said:

eomat said:

Alberic simply shouldn’t have been a LL in the first place. He’s worse than Ghorst who has at least a unique model and a tragic backstory.

Alberic is just a generic Duke without anything to stand out.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,806
    I am a collecter any wh3 dlc gonna be buyed by me

• arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,075
    ArneSo said:

arthadaw said:

ArneSo said:

eomat said:

Alberic simply shouldn’t have been a LL in the first place. He’s worse than Ghorst who has at least a unique model and a tragic backstory.

OdTengri said:

arthadaw said:

ArneSo said:

eomat said:

Alberic? If we where going to put a nobody lord into the VCoast than surely Baron Marcel of Parravon who led an expedition into Lustria andfounding the great coastal settlement of Bregonne near the Temple-City of Tlaxtlan would have been a better candidate.

I meant as a unique Lord (Leader of a Faction but not playable)

So that during the race for the note you would have an enemy Bretonnian Faction to fight against
    arthadaw said:

ArneSo said:

arthadaw said:

ArneSo said:

eomat said:

OdTengri said:

arthadaw said:

ArneSo said:

eomat said:

I meant as a unique Lord (Leader of a Faction but not playable)

So that during the race for the note you would have an enemy Bretonnian Faction to fight against
    Yes Albgeneric should’ve been just a generic faction leader with the third LL being a unique character.

Back when Bretonnia was released I always wondered where that ominous third LL is because I thought Alberic is just a generic Duke. It took me over a year to realise that he is a LL.
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Registered Users Posts: 981
    Give me more Warhammer, I give more money.
  • aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 1,202
    No. Bretonnia was FLC. They should stay that way.
    Maybe during a half price sale.
This discussion has been closed.