Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Am I too Nostalgic?

BouncyMermaidBouncyMermaid Registered Users Posts: 11
Hello all,

Is it me or does anyone else feel medieval 1 should be remastered? The music and chess board style, while the latter concept is perhaps outdated, has somewhat of a charm and atmosphere to it.

My one wish would be that a bit of polish to the campaign map and modern graphics to the real time battles and I would generally buy it.

I liked Medieval 2, and yes, probably they would get more money doing a remaster of that, rather than Med 1. However, hoolie doolies do I miss the dark, gritty feel of the first!

I don't know, maybe it's just me getting too nostalgic after seeing Toby Maguire back in a spiderman suit and seeing a Top Gun movie trailer...

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,530
    There were some unique features to M1 which I really appreciated:

*The era of actual maps and unit guides that you received in the box
    *Units that were connected to a particular area (something I hope they bring back)
    *I always get flash backs of the hammer/saw soundscape and a picture of a building when it appears
    *It had a lot more 'atmosphere' than a lot of games
    *decent music and sound