Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Fix Unit size in matching making.

2»

Comments

• exorgistis77exorgistis77 Senior Member Posts: 1,309Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    restricted camera forces nothing just helps a bit campers specially in 2v2 or 3v3s ..

as for unit size ... 1 UNIT SIZE FOR MULTIPLAYER... ONE !

large of course
    Zarganis
  • Sir IronlakeSir Ironlake Member Posts: 51Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Fully agree.

Medium and small are SUCH A PAIN. Gun units become too powerful, and the whole thing feels more like a small COD match then an epic fight.

I once got Huge in random Matchmaking, it was interesting too, though Arty stayed at 4 guns which is a bit of a let down.
  • AMPAMP Senior Member Posts: 1,225Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    restricted camera definetly force more micro, but a lot of playears is against it... :)

That extra scrolling around due to being forced to play zoomed in so you have to max your camera speed isn't called micro. Good micro is considered your command count combined with good thinking behind your commands and being zoomed in so close just limits that by a small amount because of that extra unnecessary scrolling.
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited April 2012
    I've been playing WEE a bit lately, and the camera zoom from ground level to satellite, particularly with the WEE rapid zoom, is frustrating. However, that game does happen a lot faster than any TW game.
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • BeauchampBeauchamp Senior Member Posts: 145Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    less clicking is better, i can't imagine i would loose a shootout because i forget to click somewhere. that seems totally stupid.
    edited April 2012
    I never considered fast repeat orders that are telling your units to basically do the same thing or have no real purpose behind the commands crazy micro. I never considered increasing your scroll speed to max which anyone can do and mostly will do if they have any sense if they are forced to play zoomed in to be crazy micro either. Not being lazy with your clicks combined with a real purpose behind the commands is what matters...
  • lordnovaslordnovas Junior Member Posts: 18Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I love small battles in fots; they are quick and deadly. I also find small battles a bit easier on my multi-task spent brain, having only to worry about a few units is alright by me. I do find large battles tough due to all units that you must take into consideration. I wish I could set what I was looking for cause sometimes I want a slow game yet I still wanna get some clan points.
  • DevlinXIIIDevlinXIII Member Posts: 51Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Small units and small funds when your general is above the 1500 koku is totally annoying. Every time sometime like this happen I just concede defeat, I'm not interested in such kid games.
  • SmtNSmtN Senior Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I like small units
  • ChocoboChocobo Senior Member Posts: 714Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I don't mind the occasional medium battle, but small is just silly. There's a lot of aspects of the game that just don't feel right when unit sizes are scaled down that far.
    edited April 2012
    I would like a standard unit size that the game is balanced around to play with in MM and no other size. Like a normal competitive game.
  • TyrariaTyraria Senior Member Posts: 306Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    like large size you mean;)
  • the bourgeoisiethe bourgeoisie Senior Member Posts: 625Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    well to be honest this shouldn't even be a concern when their is unit balancing needed and a lot of bugs, a lot
    standard unit size would be nice, in matchmade there would be a better argument about setting a option for you to vs people within the size range, etc etc, it makes much more sense then having to force every player to follow your demands on large size.
    a unit size that is uniform makes the game always the same, at least in small and medium battles you need to thing of new strats,
    i myself say allow it, but as more of a setting when entering matchmade, CA would do better by making a much better Matchmade system then it is now, with settings that allow players to be more specific, even if it takes forever to find enemies, so many other stratergy games allow these options, i don't see my fots can't, and by those options, i mean good connection, small/medium/large unit size, same language, 5000k 10000k 14000k matches, things like that would make it much more better, instead of pushing a uniform size
    Fear God, Honor King
    edited April 2012
    Tyraria wrote: »
    like large size you mean;)

Yes minus the part where people can slap you with a different unit size surprise in MM. Leave that for custom battles...
  • Mike_B20Mike_B20 Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Small unit sizes and artillery is virtual auto win for artillery army.
    Artillery can destroy a unit with two shots.
    Absolutely absurd.
  • exorgistis77exorgistis77 Senior Member Posts: 1,309Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    one size
    period
    Zarganis
  • TheCrazyCatTheCrazyCat Banned Posts: 1,502Banned Users
    edited April 2012
    medium and large, medium just for those laggy players...
    edited April 2012
    MM which is meant to be competitive yet people can change the size on you which the game wasn't balanced around. That doesn't make much sense to me. Normal competitive game would have a standard unit size that battles are balanced around and only played on that size.

I don't think kneel fire and fire by rank was meant for small unit sizes which right away should tell you battles weren't meant for small sizes...

Gotta love those Russians that try to screw you over with small unit size missile only armies... O.o
  • VeritasVeritas Senior Member Posts: 301Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    AMP wrote: »
    MM which is meant to be competitive yet people can change the size on you which the game wasn't balanced around. That doesn't make much sense to me. Normal competitive game would have a standard unit size that battles are balanced around and only played on that size.

I don't think kneel fire and fire by rank was meant for small unit sizes which right away should tell you battles weren't meant for small sizes...

Gotta love those Russians that try to screw you over with small unit size missile only armies... O.o

Played some of those exploiters you're referring to today (BiA)... gave them a wonderful spanking for it too. :P
    RTK | Yoshida
    edited April 2012
    Veritas wrote: »
    Played some of those exploiters you're referring to today (BiA)... gave them a wonderful spanking for it too. :P
    you mean IMP ? and CW
  • VeritasVeritas Senior Member Posts: 301Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    No, I mean Brothers in Arms (BIA), broski.
    RTK | Yoshida
    edited April 2012
    ya dood, they changed to IMP their name.
2»