Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wondering if the Wood Elves will get settlements

SusaVileSusaVile Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,191
As if fighting against them was not annoying enough, now they will have settlements... and towers...and barricades... and can even recruit artillery with the outpost mechanic...
Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
Cheers
SusaVile
Total war youtuber

Comments

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,641
    What are you talking about? WE can only truly settle in Magical Forests, like Avelorn and Oreon's Camp, when trying to settle in any other place they get minor settlements with no option for walls, their whole point is not to expand, even more after their rework, no reason to believe that will change wahtsoever.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    Sorry, my point is when fighting against the Wood Elves, they have always been a pain to deal with, like all that attrition, and their army characteristics...

So, them having any sort of new settlement defense mechanics or maps (as others will have to be done for the Immortal Empires map), plus them having access to outposts, is going to make them even a bigger annoyance. But perhaps that is my thinking?
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • UgandaJimUgandaJim Registered Users Posts: 608
    edited April 5
    WE dont need Outposts because their roster is strong enough on its own. Thy have only their magical forests, and they are meant to be hard to take. Otherwise they would be as useless as Beastmen (if played by the AI).
  • Cochus1Cochus1 Registered Users Posts: 61

What are you talking about? WE can only truly settle in Magical Forests, like Avelorn and Oreon's Camp, when trying to settle in any other place they get minor settlements with no option for walls, their whole point is not to expand, even more after their rework, no reason to believe that will change wahtsoever.

Do wood elves have walls now?? Their "settlement" maps I saw didn't have it
    Cochus1 said:

No they dont. Like Norsca and Ogres the dont have them.
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    UgandaJim said:

WE dont need Outposts because their roster is strong enough on its own. Thy have only their magical forests, and they are meant to be hard to take. Otherwise they would be as useless as Beastmen (if played by the AI).

well, yeah, but there is definitely one type of unit they lack that would create an even more annoying faction to deal with: artillery. Trebuchets, Hellstorms, Cannons... :P
    Cochus1 said:

I do not know if they will have a refresher in terms of their settlement maps for Immortal Empires. Hence my post, are they going to have towers? Barricades? Any use for the supplies system there?

Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • manuelpsmanuelps Registered Users Posts: 2,819
    They already have a new settlement map in Wh3 and it doesn't have buildables or anything like that.
    SusaVile said:

UgandaJim said:

well, yeah, but there is definitely one type of unit they lack that would create an even more annoying faction to deal with: artillery. Trebuchets, Hellstorms, Cannons... :P
    Cochus1 said:

I do not know if they will have a refresher in terms of their settlement maps for Immortal Empires. Hence my post, are they going to have towers? Barricades? Any use for the supplies system there?

Yeah ok right forgot about artillery, because their archers are like arty most of the time :D But If they "need" it I dont know.