Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is anyone seeing FPS improvements after the patch?

Comments

• UgandaJimUgandaJim Registered Users Posts: 608
    Nope. Same as before. Still pretty bad ..
  • nord123456nord123456 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 284
    I think I might be but its hard to say. Performance seems a bit better.
  • Vova1408Vova1408 Registered Users Posts: 53
    edited April 5
    Inappropriate Comment removed.

And so it is still. They said that they fixed the charge, and now it works - but in fact everything did not work, so it is still. They said that they had carried out multiple works with optimization - and what it was, it remained that way.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,634
    No performance is still pretty bad for me. 32 FPS in parts of the campaign map with a system surpassing recommended specs at 1080p med-high is not acceptable. Battle is just a bit better.
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 3,001
    I'm using this neat little Nvidia trick:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/what-is-nvidia-image-scaling/

2k rendering upscaled to a 4k monitor. Works very well until CA can sort themselves out.
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    Yes. Without any changes, just log into the game and run benchmark, I noticed two things:

1 - overall fps increase, around 10 average. I know this because I set the settings previously for a solid 60 average, and it gave me 70, easy math there.

2 - no massive fps drop when Skarbrand does the fire breath, and when the spell from Katarin kicks in.

After checking if shadows on could now work, I noticed that I lost 10 fps average, contrary to a lot more previously. Basically, I noe have shadows on medium which is decent.

I have yet to test on my modern laptop.

Specs of my old PC
    I74970k
    970 gtx 4gb
    16 gb ram
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • gekjgekj Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 390
    Seems CA has given up improving performance
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,643
    Didn't notice anything in the campaign map itself, but I've noticed a small improvement in battle.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,724
    None yet, to be honest. Maybe 2-3 overall in campaign which is hardly noticeable.

• MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 926
    Not only the performance are not improved but they downgraded the game. Incredible
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,522
    I haven't noticed any differences but at least one graphical bug I had with the SSAO was fixed.

• sandercohensandercohen Registered Users Posts: 362
    Yes in both campaign as well as battles I've experienced an improvement in performance.
  • steam_1644328850953DJO7iMsteam_1644328850953DJO7iM Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 231
    In battles i've gained around 6fps avg... Dind't notice any improvement in campaign.
    Hope they focus on campaign next

Pre-Patch:

Post Patch:

Same settings and all (i've forgot to take a full picture in the first one)
    Mazisky said:

Not only the performance are not improved but they downgraded the game. Incredible

Looks exactly the same as before.

- Anonymous
  • drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 1,040
    It seems higher in the campaign for me.

Mazisky said:

It does not. The TAA doesn't work anymore on grass and it is all pixelated when moving the camera.
    Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

It does not. The TAA doesn't work anymore on grass and it is all pixelated when moving the camera.
    I moved around the camera in this same map and it does look exactly the same, must be something on your side, unless you have some kind of proof you are just talking whatever.
    - Anonymous
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,641

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

I moved around the camera in this same map and it does look exactly the same, must be something on your side, unless you have some kind of proof you are just talking whatever.
    can both of you share replays and your system specs,settings ..etc so every one can make a fair judgement

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

saweendra said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

can both of you share replays and your system specs,settings ..etc so every one can make a fair judgement

I honestly don't know how to record videos, I had to check in Google just to know how to take screencaps.

As for my specs.

Everything Ultra, even the shadows, with around 40/50 FPS.
    - Anonymous

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

You only noticed it if you played with TAA before, because TAA smothened the grass aliasing and without it looked pixelated.

Now it looks extremely pixelated with TAA on, even more than with AA off altogheter.
    Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

You only noticed it if you played with TAA before, because TAA smothened the grass aliasing and without it looked pixelated.

Now it looks extremely pixelated with TAA on, even more than with AA off altogheter.
    Does this look pixelated to you?

- Anonymous

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

"WHEN YOU MOVE THE CAMERA"
    Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

And I'm telling you that it looks exactly like that even while moving it, again, unless you have some proof, this sounds like bull to me.
    - Anonymous
    edited April 5

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

And I'm telling you that it looks exactly like that even while moving it, again, unless you have some proof, this sounds like bull to me.
    Im someone tell me how to record at 1440p i make a video

also anyone who used TAA should notice it instantly
    Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

I don't even know how to record a video haha.
    - Anonymous
    edited April 5

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Can someone else confirm that he\she plays with TAA on and doensn't notice pixelation or flickering on grass?

It is killing the game for me :(((
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,522
    I've heard about others having a similar issue but I haven't experienced it myself.

• uzualuzual Registered Users Posts: 437
    edited April 6
    Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Can someone else confirm that he\she plays with TAA on and doensn't notice pixelation or flickering on grass?

I have the same problem
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,988
    I don't know how or why, but at identical settings, I gained about 8 frames post-patch. So I got a slight performance boost.
    uzual said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

I have the same problem
    My friend, If you have the same problem don't forget to spam it on forum on reddit at regular invervals, this is the only our chance they will fix it some day.