Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

You cant be serious that CA are going to keep sinking resources into the TWW3 release campaign

2»

Comments

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,453
    Mini campaigns are garbage.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • SaitohSaitoh Registered Users Posts: 383
    Because despite "the entire internet" saying they only care about Mortal Empires the actual statistics say 47% of all WH2 campaigns were Vortex.
  • BudokaBudoka Registered Users Posts: 156
    Wh3 really feels like half product atm. In beta phase. New patch is good, but only when IE map comes will things start to change for better.

I dislike the current campaign and it's map and what they did with Belakor. Demon Prince and his faction feel lackluster. Some other factions mechanics don't feel fun too.. Winds of magic change is really bad.

Bugs, as much as they are annoying, most of them will be fixed, but the core issues won't. At best they will be tweaked a bit.

So IE map and mods are only thing for me that will make me play this game.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,628
    Reeks said:

UgandaJim said:

Reeks said:

The WH3 campaign NEED to be good, it NEED to be the focus of the game for all those who don´t own the other titles

I don´t get whats so hard to understand...

Imagine the hate CA would recieve if they ditched the main campaign of game 3 to focus on IE, imagine how 90% of their potential new customers would react if the main campaign was left in shambles and CA went "Ah well, if you want a proper experience and not a unfun hot mess you would have to empty out that wallet of yours and go buy the previous two titles in the series...

It´s not rocket science dude

There is a simple solution: make IE accessable for everyone who bought game 3. But only people who have game 1 can play game 1 races etc. Its that simple.
    I completely agree, that solution would be the right thing to do(aka consumer friendly)

But CA is a company and is all about that moolah, and if they think there is more incentive for people to buy their previous titles in this franchise by locking IE behind those paywalls that´s what they gonna do.
    Yeah and this is the way to get most mulah imo its easier to get people buy dlc once they see something and play against them than randomly looking it out behind a 120 dollar pay wall.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,706
    Saitoh said:

Because despite "the entire internet" saying they only care about Mortal Empires the actual statistics say 47% of all WH2 campaigns were Vortex.

So without a combined map, we have less than half of a game?

Seems about right.

Let's be real, without the combined map potential, the ultimate goal, this series would be forgettable.
    Glory matters not.

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,487
    edited April 6
    saweendra said:

Reeks said:

UgandaJim said:

Reeks said:

The WH3 campaign NEED to be good, it NEED to be the focus of the game for all those who don´t own the other titles

I don´t get whats so hard to understand...

Imagine the hate CA would recieve if they ditched the main campaign of game 3 to focus on IE, imagine how 90% of their potential new customers would react if the main campaign was left in shambles and CA went "Ah well, if you want a proper experience and not a unfun hot mess you would have to empty out that wallet of yours and go buy the previous two titles in the series...

It´s not rocket science dude

There is a simple solution: make IE accessable for everyone who bought game 3. But only people who have game 1 can play game 1 races etc. Its that simple.
    I completely agree, that solution would be the right thing to do(aka consumer friendly)

But CA is a company and is all about that moolah, and if they think there is more incentive for people to buy their previous titles in this franchise by locking IE behind those paywalls that´s what they gonna do.
    Yeah and this is the way to get most mulah imo its easier to get people buy dlc once they see something and play against them than randomly looking it out behind a 120 dollar pay wall.
    I don´t disagree with your hypothesis

Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,530
    Is this a complaint about CA making improvements to the main campaign?
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Reeks said:

Arsenic said:

The game has, post-patch, yet to reach the giddy heights of the previous Sunday, where it sat at a mighty over 16K players, but it has improved from being slightly less played than the five-year-old TWW2, that's undeniable.

Think both sides are being a tad daft here, there's no point denying the patch has brought some players back, but on the other hand it was from a very low base, and in context like above, is not that impressive at all.

What will be interesting is to see if it just slowly sinks back, or if the improvements are enough to make other people give it a chance again via word of mouth.

True true

I´m actually thinking about revisiting my purchase decision in a month or so when the modders had time to do their magic.
    Thing is, I didn't buy for two reasons

1) I suspected something was up regarding the product. We made fun of the marketing ad nauseum, but it seemed off, and strangely delayed and unfinished in parts. So there was a good chance the game wasn't in a good state.
    2) I was very unimpressed with the pace of content for TWW2. Half finished rosters and half a year between each DLC to fill it out was insult to injury. The game felt stretched out like Bilbo Baggins towards the end.

This patch may or may not have fixed 1), but 2)? Not even close.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,487
    Arsenic said:

Reeks said:

Arsenic said:

The game has, post-patch, yet to reach the giddy heights of the previous Sunday, where it sat at a mighty over 16K players, but it has improved from being slightly less played than the five-year-old TWW2, that's undeniable.

Think both sides are being a tad daft here, there's no point denying the patch has brought some players back, but on the other hand it was from a very low base, and in context like above, is not that impressive at all.

What will be interesting is to see if it just slowly sinks back, or if the improvements are enough to make other people give it a chance again via word of mouth.

True true

I´m actually thinking about revisiting my purchase decision in a month or so when the modders had time to do their magic.
    Thing is, I didn't buy for two reasons

1) I suspected something was up regarding the product. We made fun of the marketing ad nauseum, but it seemed off, and strangely delayed and unfinished in parts. So there was a good chance the game wasn't in a good state.
    2) I was very unimpressed with the pace of content for TWW2. Half finished rosters and half a year between each DLC to fill it out was insult to injury. The game felt stretched out like Bilbo Baggins towards the end.

This patch may or may not have fixed 1), but 2)? Not even close.
    Completely agree, i had the same resevations, 1 was vastly more important to me though as i can go a long while between DLC releases and still enjoy the game plenty. But yeah it pretty quickly became obvious during the life span of game two that something was off.
  • DrJammatDrJammat Registered Users Posts: 324
    Saitoh said:

Glad I read this because I like the smaller campaigns and smaller maps, I'm playing a vortex campaign at the moment and will probably alternate between Chaos Realm campaigns and IE once game three is up to speed. Therefore I want the Chaos campaign fixed, it's what I've paid for, and with the new patch it looks like I don't need to race to be first to claim all the souls.
  • drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 1,038
    Well, apparently it's cheaper to release a promo video than to fix the game lol
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 5,063
    There are a LOT of problems with TWW3, but the factions aren't one of them. Except maybe the Daemon Prince's faction. Hell even Nurgle is an entertaining experience with the whole plague the world thing.
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,813
    If they were actually focused on it, I would have expected as many patches as Rome 2 by this same point in time.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,803

If they were actually focused on it, I would have expected as many patches as Rome 2 by this same point in time.

This is a good point. We should have received more patches by now. 1.1 was substantial, but in the way that it also should have been like the 4th-6th patch by this point.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,552
    Bayes said:

is it outrage a clock already?

The answer is obvious, a lot of people didn't like it so now they are changing it.

It's always RAGE O'CLOCK
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• master_phen_xmaster_phen_x Registered Users Posts: 185

This is a good point. We should have received more patches by now. 1.1 was substantial, but in the way that it also should have been like the 4th-6th patch by this point.
    Seeing how every patch re-force you to lose hours while it is beeing applied to 100+ GB of datas, it might be a good strategy to space them as much as posible... And not flood us every two days with a new patch.
    Situation would become unbearable
  • nord123456nord123456 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 284
    simonboik said:

Seriously WTF

I am following this game online alot and i have heaps of friends who played TWW2 and everyone is saying that the TWW3 release campaign was crap and the tww3 races upon release where not that good and they are eagerly awaiting Immortal Empires release in the hope that IE will salvage any hope they had that TWW3 will be any good.

This is literally what everyone is saying.

Everywhere.

All the content producers on YT are saying this (discretely), everyone i know is saying this.

The word on the street is that the tww3 release campaign was garbage and the release races where also average at best especially cathay and kislev.

I am not lying.

I genuinely loved TWW2 but TWW3 and the release campaign.....................................you know what im on about.

So why the F are CA sinking hours into this crap they released in some kind of half heated attempt to rescue it?

talk about being delusional.

Because they've made a massive investment in it. Its not complicated.

The campaign is indeed crap by the way.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,171
    lol. Not everyone is critical of TWW3.

Why exaggerate?
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,629
    Improving game three encourages new players to buy into game one and two.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,318
    Business discussion. Moved to TW Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.