Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Some Fishmen speculation (Sotek)

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,206

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 614
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,693
    It's an interesting watch, that there is pretty heavy handed hints that they may be coming in AoS is pretty massive, potentially for the Old World as well? Time will tell.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• Gangstamonkey214Gangstamonkey214 Member Registered Users Posts: 217
    Fishbros we will rise to drown the surface dwellers
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,602
    People, let's remember that Sotek is the same guy that thinks that the MonoGods will only get Daemon LL, so let's take anything he says with a bucket full of shalt, shall we?
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Gangstamonkey214Gangstamonkey214 Member Registered Users Posts: 217

People, let's remember that Sotek is the same guy that thinks that the MonoGods will only get Daemon LL, so let's take anything he says with a bucket full of shalt, shall we?

no anon this isnt his speculation this is canon sources being drawn to a logical conclusion
    behold the only canon artwork of a fishperson

WE RISE
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,206

no anon this isnt his speculation this is canon sources being drawn to a logical conclusion

WE RISE
    hmmm only ?
    behold!

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,463

Is there something that indicate otherwise? Because there is enough Daemon LLs for Monos.
  • Beytran70Beytran70 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Bies said:

WE RISE
    hmmm only ?
    behold!

Excuse me, those are MENfish not FISHmen, very different, clearly.
  • RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 720

That’s not what he said, he said that he believes that the factions in the game are Daemons of X instead of fully explored monogods. And that the new factions added are Warrior of X factions.

Regardless the fishman are a fun theory
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,513
    Here are some actual new units in the art book:

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,361
    Loreguy said:

Is there something that indicate otherwise? Because there is enough Daemon LLs for Monos.
    No there isn't.

• xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Registered Users Posts: 927
    Sotek might be correct here, GW has a habit of hinting of things in advance and Fishmen have been teased for years in Warhammer Fantasy (it's believed the Idoneth Deepkin were meant to be them for Warhammer Fantasy before being transferred). The same thing is happening with Chaos Dwarfs with the Hobgrots making reference to them and the rumours of 'Oathbreakers' (would release well alongside Chaos Dwarfs in TWW!).

We know they're canon as well due to a number of sources over the years (a list of them below plus two pictures).

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2933148/#Comment_2933148

They're the true footnote/meme race but I can see them making it in. Don't forget this Warhammer 3 reference to a 'Lumbrian sea monster'. Maybe Lumbria is real and has more relevance than we think.

• DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,929
    edited April 8
    Bies said:

"What do you smell?"

"Menfish!"
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,852

Sotek might be correct here, GW has a habit of hinting of things in advance and Fishmen have been teased for years in Warhammer Fantasy (it's believed the Idoneth Deepkin were meant to be them for Warhammer Fantasy before being transferred). The same thing is happening with Chaos Dwarfs with the Hobgrots making reference to them and the rumours of 'Oathbreakers' (would release well alongside Chaos Dwarfs in TWW!).

We know they're canon as well due to a number of sources over the years (a list of them below plus two pictures).

They're the true footnote/meme race but I can see them making it in. Don't forget this Warhammer 3 reference to a 'Lumbrian sea monster'. Maybe Lumbria is real and has more relevance than we think.

The Idoneth were speculated to have been planned for WFB? How was that theory assembled?
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 2,172
    sykall said:

The Idoneth were speculated to have been planned for WFB? How was that theory assembled?
    Basically they were one of the first factions to be released to AoS and there had been some menfish mentions in the last edition so people assume GW was planning a maritime faction even before AoS.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,960
    Loreguy said:

Lol no there isn't.
    Without using AoS, make 2 lord packs and 1 flc for monogods Without using mortals.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,960
    Anyone got a summary of the video
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,012

WE RISE
    God I want that in the game.... Hell if they are released as a model line too GW will likely be taking even more of my money!

sykall said:

Basically they were one of the first factions to be released to AoS and there had been some menfish mentions in the last edition so people assume GW was planning a maritime faction even before AoS.
    That is a bit shallow in my opinion. With the same logic fyreslayers clould also have been planned in WFB as semi-offical slayer-themed army list already existed, and they were one of the first factions too
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • RalladoRallado Registered Users Posts: 6

sykall said:

I can tell you that the Idoneeth were not planned for fantasy. Also, the sea theme was added later in the design fase. At first they were planned just as a new Elve faction, the sea theme came later.
  • KandraxKandrax Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 325
    The Fishmen is the only thing that can save the game right now. Give us Fishmen! XD
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,929
    sykall said:

That is a bit shallow in my opinion. With the same logic fyreslayers clould also have been planned in WFB as semi-offical slayer-themed army list already existed, and they were one of the first factions too

Not exactly the same. Fyreslayers are basically Slayers, which were already IN WHFB.

The Sigmarines is a better comparison. Was GW planning to add them to The Empire before they decided to end WHFB?
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
    edited April 8

sykall said:

Not exactly the same. Fyreslayers are basically Slayers, which were already IN WHFB.

The Sigmarines is a better comparison. Was GW planning to add them to The Empire before they decided to end WHFB?
    I not say that its exactly the same, just that its a similar pattern. After all the Idoneth in WFB theory is very rudamentery and shallow if what I read is the gist of it.
    Existed/planned for fantasy and released early in AoS.

But I did not aim for a perfect analogy, but just the first that came into my mind. And stormcast are too far removed from WFB for me to quickly come to my mind.
    Rallado said:

sykall said:

I can tell you that the Idoneeth were not planned for fantasy. Also, the sea theme was added later in the design fase. At first they were planned just as a new Elve faction, the sea theme came later.
    I am curious. How can you do that? Do you have some development insights?
    sykall said:

sykall said:

I not say that its exactly the same, just that its a similar pattern. After all the Idoneth in WFB theory is very rudamentery and shallow if what I read is the gist of it.

But I did not aim for a perfect analogy, but just the first that came into my mind. And stormcast are too far removed from WFB for me to quickly come to my mind.
    Rallado said:

sykall said:

You can say that, yes. Usually GW has a very strict "need to know" policy to prevent leaks. But by time they told us this Idoneeth were already in the street and is just a little curiosity they told us to exemplify how the development of armys works sometimes.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,738
    Kandrax said:

The Fishmen is the only thing that can save the game right now. Give us Fishmen! XD

and definitely need a "Not-Cthulu" SEM

Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,697
    Yes please.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
    Rallado said:

sykall said:

sykall said:

Rallado said:

sykall said:

You can say that, yes. Usually GW has a very strict "need to know" policy to prevent leaks. But by time they told us this Idoneeth were already in the street and is just a little curiosity they told us to exemplify how the development of armys works sometimes.
    interesting. I would like to know how GW designs a faction. Did they mention how the Idoneth were originially going to be, before they set on the sea theme?
  • BelisaurioBelisaurio Registered Users Posts: 146

Idoneth were released Q2 2018. GW teased them early 2018 (after maggotkin), with few comments here and there about "undersea people" , and sea-like decoration on their Community posts.

Not sure if their sea-design was implemented later on because the first "rumormongers" (Atia, Bob, Hastings, etc...) already talked about Chulhu-elfs mid-2017.
    @Rallado Do you have the post that GW talks about that? I'm really curious about that.
    sykall said:

Rallado said:

sykall said:

sykall said:

Rallado said:

sykall said:

interesting. I would like to know how GW designs a faction. Did they mention how the Idoneth were originially going to be, before they set on the sea theme?
    They told us is that originally the only thing that was clear was that they were elves. I guess that they started brainstorming from there and the sea theme came along the way. I mean, it wasn't something like: "let's make an elves sea themed army" it was "let's make an elves army" and the sea theme came later. But I don't think always is like this, I'm sure that sometimes they start with more especific ideas.
    Rallado said:

sykall said:

Rallado said:

sykall said:

sykall said:

Rallado said:

sykall said:

They told us is that originally the only thing that was clear was that they were elves. I guess that they started brainstorming from there and the sea theme came along the way. I mean, it wasn't something like: "let's make an elves sea themed army" it was "let's make an elves army" and the sea theme came later. But I don't think always is like this, I'm sure that sometimes they start with more especific ideas.
    Thank you.

My guess would have been that they started with the sea and added the elves later though.

I would have liked to know with what kind of elven army they had started with brainstorming. Like was the soulraiding a thing from the beginning, or added later with the sea?