Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mods don't want to work at all.

Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,865
edited April 5 in Community Mods
Hey chaps. Quick question to you all. Anyone have any problems with the mods? Downloaded some. The game doesn't want to work with them. I tested out with just one mod (a compatible one to boot) and even with that it doesn't want to launch (it's stuck on the screen with the copyrights and stuff). When I don't launch it, everything's fine. I did integrity checks and nothing. Do I have to reinstall the whole game or what?
Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on

Comments

• Vova1408Vova1408 Registered Users Posts: 53
    And how to activate them at all? I used to use the Mod Manager for this, but it's not there yet for Game 3, and I can't activate any of the signed mods.
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,723
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,865
    Vova1408 said:

And how to activate them at all? I used to use the Mod Manager for this, but it's not there yet for Game 3, and I can't activate any of the signed mods.

Somehow worked for me for TROY. But it was literally just ONE mod. Not even some massive overhaul one. Just one simple 3 skillpoints per level one.
  • kabulk#6557kabulk#6557 Registered Users Posts: 1,227
    Have you unistalled the mods you installed manually before the workshop? (if any)
    cabans33 said:

Have you unistalled the mods you installed manually before the workshop? (if any)

Nope. I freshly installed them via the Workshop.
  • Hondlis#2158Hondlis#2158 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    It must be a bug. I also can't use any mods despite all are active in default mod manager.
    Hondlis said:

It must be a bug. I also can't use any mods despite all are active in default mod manager.

Damn. Now this is a problem that needs fixing ASAP.
  • BeathanisBeathanis Registered Users Posts: 12
    Really don't want to be "that guy", but the mods i've installed via the workshop are working fine.
  • Hondlis#2158Hondlis#2158 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    Beathanis said:

Really don't want to be "that guy", but the mods i've installed via the workshop are working fine.

Yep did the same, activated, literally no difference between WH2 mods process and what i did with WH3 and yet no mod available ingame.
  • TybalttymeTybalttyme Registered Users Posts: 13
    Had the same problem. What worked for me (on steam) was to make sure that no comments are entered in the launch options (Right click Warhammer 3, select properties, then at the bottom of general is the Launch Options). I had used -dx11 in the Launch Options when the game first released to help battle some performance issues. Once i removed all the comments from the Launch Options, all the mods started working properly for me. Hope this helps!
  • Walkabout#1505Walkabout#1505 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,980

Had the same problem. What worked for me (on steam) was to make sure that no comments are entered in the launch options (Right click Warhammer 3, select properties, then at the bottom of general is the Launch Options). I had used -dx11 in the Launch Options when the game first released to help battle some performance issues. Once i removed all the comments from the Launch Options, all the mods started working properly for me. Hope this helps!

Thank dude, I'll give this a try tomorrow. Gotta get rid of towers and barricades.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • Vova1408Vova1408 Registered Users Posts: 53

Thank you, dear friend! Thanks to your advice, the damn mods are finally working!

My problem is that I never had any launch options in it and it doesn't work for me at all.
  • Samownis#1380Samownis#1380 Registered Users Posts: 71
    Ben1990 said:

cabans33 said:

You might have to manually uninstall them. All mods before the workshop were movie files and might not have been touched with the update. They could still be in your folder causing issues.
  • DVersion#4761DVersion#4761 Member Registered Users Posts: 349
    Remember to uninstall any mods you had before the update. You need to delete the movie mods manually.
    edited April 5
    Samownis said:

Ben1990 said:

cabans33 said:

You might have to manually uninstall them. All mods before the workshop were movie files and might not have been touched with the update. They could still be in your folder causing issues.
    DVersion said:

Remember to uninstall any mods you had before the update. You need to delete the movie mods manually.

I literally didn't have any mods installed prior. Though I will manually remove them and reinstall them just in case.
  • Samownis#1380Samownis#1380 Registered Users Posts: 71
    Ben1990 said:

Samownis said:

Ben1990 said:

cabans33 said:

DVersion said:

I literally didn't have any mods installed prior. Though I will manually remove them and reinstall them just in case.
    Ah my bad. I misunderstood your post about freshly installing them. Sometimes they download weird. Have you tried unsubscribing and resubscribing?
  • Walkabout#1505Walkabout#1505 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,980
    Crajoh said:

Thank dude, I'll give this a try tomorrow. Gotta get rid of towers and barricades.
    @Tybalttyme thanks dude worked perfectly.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • Loupi#8512Loupi#8512 Registered Users Posts: 3,744
    some of my own mods for wh2 just suddenly stopped working for some reason, dont really know what happened, there was a small update for wh2 which maybe did it idk.

Tried many things but the damn game still freezes (including removing and redownloading the mods). And if I do try to launch it with ANY command in the command line it completely disables the mods.
    It's either something with my machine or something with the launcher itself. Guess I'm gonna need to wait for Kaerdin's new mod manager then...God knows how long it will be.
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,089

This worked for me.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file