Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So.. how do you do ogre contracts?

BeardedragonBeardedragon MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,538
edited April 11 in General Discussion
I mean you get some rewards and some reputation with the nation but in most cases you have to trot across their lands to get to the objective.

So the reputation you have would get is wasted on tresspassing on their lands? Am i misunderstanding something here?

Ive done the last end battle and is currently just playing a normal conquest and to this point, ive yet to finish any ogre contracts. The contract rewards also seemed rather meager compared to how many nations you would have to tresspass against or start wars with just to get the tiny reward.

Also it would appear that Butcher heroes can go up to level 50 (as everyone else can) but only has 49 abilities he can spend his points on. So you constantly have this one (or several) butcher heroes that has 1 skill point to spend but no abilities left to spend it on. Making it pretty damn annoying to end turns when you have to push the arrow to remove the notification before ending turns.

And yea i can remove it, but i would remove it for everyone and i wouldnt know if my other lords and heroes would then level up and needed to invest skill points.
Post edited by Beardedragon on

Comments

• saj1987saj1987 Registered Users Posts: 209
    I did multiple Greasus playthroughs and never did a single contract, just looking at the (pitiful) rewards seems like a waste of time.
  • GettoGeckoGettoGecko Registered Users Posts: 1,631
    I just did them accidently. I choosed the ones where I had to kill specific lords after a while and if that faction attacked me I got some done but iirc than I just finished 2 or 3 that way and one for a city in a province I was just taking so I took that when it poped up. But I don't think its worth to actually trying to do them, the rewards are to low, you can get more money for raiding one turn.
  • CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 1,448
    So far i completely ignored them, every single time.
    Like @saj1987 said, the rewards are so pitiful that it is not even worth the time opening up the panel.
    And the economy in this game is already overpowered as hell. You hardly need to focus on it and yet you still have tons and tons of gold available to you regardless what faction you play.
    The King is definitely Cathay with their mechanic to produce ~50k in 10 turns without having the need to build or own any specific settlement is ridiculous.
    Add the Slaanesh realm rewards to it and you are looking at a way to make money that could only be compared to exploits

• ProcessingProcessing Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 727
    saj1987 said:

I did multiple Greasus playthroughs and never did a single contract, just looking at the (pitiful) rewards seems like a waste of time.

Well, there is no reason not to accept them every 10 turns. Maybe you are already on your way to sack that certain settlement, so that 500 gold for free comes in handy LOL
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,386
    edited April 11
    Separately from your contracts question, there is a way to remove the notifications for the skillpoints.

On the skillpoint screen, in the top left corner, there's an 'autoassign skillpoints' box. Any characters with the 'autoassign' box ticked on does NOT get added to the 'unassigned skillpoints' notification for your 'End Turns'.

You'll still see the yellow triangle on your army unit card panel as well as your character lists, but at least it won't get in the way of your 'End Turn' specifically.

But yeah, while certain LL's definitely needed the point boost to 50, Heroes definitely did not...40 points was already a little tediously generous for them. They either need to add more skills to their trees for you to sink points into, or they need to reduce the max level for Heroes.
    Post edited by Valkaar on
  • Mini_BananaMini_Banana Registered Users Posts: 294
    I think I only did one, which coincidentally was on my warpath anyway. Agreed with above, most of them are ridiculous asks with very little reward. But it's not exactly detrimental either, just sort of unimportant.
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 984
    I think heroes should have kept the level 40 cap
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Registered Users Posts: 1,538
    Valkaar said:

Separately from your contracts question, there is a way to remove the notifications for the skillpoints.

On the skillpoint screen, in the top left corner, there's an 'autoassign skillpoints' box. Any characters with the 'autoassign' box ticked on does NOT get added to the 'unassigned skillpoints' notification for your 'End Turns'.

You'll still see the yellow triangle on your army unit card panel as well as your character lists, but at least it won't get in the way of your 'End Turn' specifically.

But yeah, while certain LL's definitely needed the point boost to 50, Heroes definitely did not...40 points was already a little tediously generous for them. They either need to add more skills to their trees for you to sink points into, or they need to reduce the max level for Heroes.

I see!

Thank you!
  • JirzikJirzik Registered Users Posts: 411
    Twice in the whole play I changed my plans to fulfil a contract. Once I get a contract with a really nice reward of +40 (?) grow. And the other time there was a blue item.

But mostly they are far away or against my allies - Tzeentch (who was attacking me from the west) tried to bribe me with 500 gold to attack my military ally.

From time to time someone with a bounty over their head gets in my way. But the reward is ridiculously small.
  • Docpain222Docpain222 WI, USRegistered Users Posts: 436
    The way I do is accept contracts for cities, that you know later in game you will spread out to. Anything chaos owned is a good bet. Then later in the game when your borders and forces reach those areas you can get that little reward. I would like to see it reworked a bit to allow for special items and higher pay, given you **** off many nations before getting to the target.