Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Most Disappointing Model of Warhammer 3

DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 2,083
Nurglings, Fiends and the Cultist of Slaanesh are my personal favorites, but there are few with a little less care put into them. Which is your most disappointing model that you know could have been awesome.

Most Disappointing Model of Warhammer 3 243 votes

Doom Knights/Knights of Tzeentch
41%
FredenXalekSirEyeballeomatTyphoonNewtJGreenBayesAxiosXiphosGyrvendalJTWJastalllgrimgor_ironsideDangerGirl50ITA_Vae_VictisEconusIrongutMalruirMr_Finley7joproulx99SupremeCommander 101 votes
Spawn
11%
carlod95Rocketlegionsteam_164511291015RtUz7gyNitros14heimdal9capybarasiesta89Markal159mw51630Odie0351nekazTeNoSkillSirSunlightNere4231kevManiacThursdaythe12thTheo91SamownisKillertutYurisusukiluiscal2012 29 votes
Forsaken
4%
XyphaTotalBorehammerOldblackeyesAthemusmartijn_v99ConstantineZAynBeathanisroykuhhKhaine1godDream_Keeper 10 votes
Chariot of Khorne
1%
tomdoofmewade44lcmiraclebusbee247 4 votes
Armored Kossars with capes (Tzar Guard)
10%
Steph_F_DavidSerkeletBmnoble981Ghostdeath22CountTalabeclandthebiglezdoclumbagoEquixBen1990ZehirutmightygloinRalevJomarethGhettobibleQwerty55demonisbestWethaodamon40000Clsmith88Scaeda2 26 votes
Lord of Change
11%
ValkaarMaedrethnirBarnak410Sekomoijoucabans33VeldrinarRheingoldCyresdogManpersalJote191Dardis81BeargodUngolfuzualDarekGhentHourgath_the_Hutridlittlenukenyobien445AasBulwarg 28 votes
Maneaters
6%
sadatusKayosivMaziskyRikRiorikOdTengriJohn_KimbleWarlord_Lu_BuTXcavalierLord_Distamorfinrokuskrokus@hotmail.comIamNotArobotGuillermidasCölekaiki_utokyosteam_164508048014sYyAUb4 15 votes
Khorne Warhounds
0%
eiszeit1991RedEclipse9 2 votes
Other (comment)
11%
AnglocanerNightOfTheDeadShatilovWalkaboutStoreslemepic_159738197249IkuBCzYSchubBereaverEnforestSultschiemSerPusReeksEth3ryasRebel4ever85WyvaxjpawRob18446Vildvargepic_159735778676N5Mk2wtDrawVids 28 votes

Comments

• DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 2,083
    edited April 12
    Spawn
    It was a toss up between Spawn and Chariots, There could have been so many unique looking Monogod Spawn and Gorebeasts should have been Juggernaghts. Oh well.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,831
    Maneaters
    I’ll go Maneaters. They had interesting models on the table top. They don’t here. I couldn’t have imagined they’d be so bland.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • StoreslemStoreslem Registered Users Posts: 755
    Other (comment)
    Greasus Goldtooth
    Spawn
    Storeslem said:

Greasus Goldtooth

I forgot about him. I want to see a Modder try to tackle that one.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 3,915
    edited April 12
    Obviously the Soul Grinders that they made no attempt to de-40Kify.

But barring that, yes, the Tzeentch CW recolors.
    Spawn

I’m willing to excuse them because at least they made an effort to make them look distinct.
  • kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 853
    Clearly the Tzeentch ones
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,313
    Lord of Change
    Unlike some other choices who are merely retextures, the Exalted Lord of Change is a partial remodel. So why did I choose him over them? Because he is the daemon of the race. He is the centrepiece figure and Tzeentch's will clad in pixels. And he is wanting.

CA should make him look like the newest miniature, with all the fancy details, give him a sword and animations for it. As for the SEM LoC, then they should either use the current ELoC model for him or retexture the old one.
  • Rebel4ever85Rebel4ever85 Registered Users Posts: 200
    edited April 12
    Other (comment)
    I felt the Slaanesh models were most disappointing, its not that they were bad but they were just so bland...excess and perfection gives so many artistic choices. A big part of this was the unit choices they put for slaanesh were too much of the same thing.

Edit -
    Actually Katarin is the most disappointing model in the the game, she is supposed to be beautiful and instead she looks like shes had a make up disaster not sure what they were going for but it didn't work.
    Post edited by Rebel4ever85 on
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,100
    The Tzeentch Chaos Warriors were by far the worst. They really stick out in game.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,858
    Other (comment)
    Spawn, Forsaken, Doom knights are the worst offenders
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,746
    Many. But fine ill say the first one i thought.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,149
    Other (comment)
    Kislev sleds- I hate that ice so much.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,371
    RikRiorik said:

I’ll go Maneaters. They had interesting models on the table top. They don’t here. I couldn’t have imagined they’d be so bland.

It's less the model and more about the philosophy behind them that I dislike.

We currently have 4: Maneater, Maneater Greater Weapon, Maneater Ironfist, Maneater Pistol

What I'd do:
    Maneater Stalker: Sneak Maneater looking like Ninja
    Maneater Stalker (Poison): Sneak Maneater looking like Ninja
    Maneater Stalker Iron Thrower: Sneak Maneater looking like Ninja with throwing attack
    Maneater Stalker Iron Thrower (Poison): Sneak Maneater looking like Ninja with throwing attack

Maneater Knight Sword&Shield: Imperial Looking Maneater
    Maneater Knight Greatsword: Imperial Looking Maneater with AP

Maneater Pirate: Sword and Pistol
    Maneater Pirate Grenadier: Sword and Grenade

etc...

with
    Lord: "Maneater General"
    Hero: "Maneater Captain"

And Golfag Maneater as LL
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,713
    Other (comment)

Kislev sleds- I hate that ice so much.

I was going to say chaos knights until you reminded me of that eyesore.

While I hear you that they do stick out, daemons are one of the only races I'm fine having weird out there maybe even alien scifi elements. They're literally made of magic. I'll suspend my belief for them quicker than anything not from the realm of chaos.
  • DrawVidsDrawVids Registered Users Posts: 94
    Other (comment)
    Goldtooth
  • nyobiennyobien Registered Users Posts: 291
    Lord of Change
    There was a popular question on Reddit recently about their favourite WH3 unit, and if you were to try and predict it a year ago you would assume many people would say the Lord of Change, but none did because it's just Sarthorael's ancient model copy and pasted
    6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. Should be based on Kairos's model, not copy and pasted Sarthorael.

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious.

Champions of Chaos LLs should have been in monogods, but weren't so CA could save money on unique mechanics

• AJH1987AJH1987 Registered Users Posts: 216
    Can't believe the Cathayan 'dragons' didn't make the list. Nearly as janky as the awful Coatl.

Kislev sleds and the bizarre trail of ice are up there too. Totally unnecessary and looks ridiculous.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 2,061
    edited April 12
    I want to vote for 3 :D - Doom knights,Spawns (all of them), and LoC. Forsaken too but i'm not using them...
    I voted doom knights because they are the most disappointing to me - its an endgame unit, it has voice lines annnnnd then you see the model... It's just sad.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,896
    Other (comment)
    The new AoS design for the Keeper of Secrets is vastly inferior to the ForgeWorld version.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,480
    Other (comment)
    All the recolours.

I only chose others because you can't pick more than one.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,626
    Armored Kossars with capes (Tzar Guard)
    Tzar guard was a letdown
    BsFG dwarf
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,822
    Spawn
    I’m surprised 4 people went for man eaters. Their models are pretty good tbh.

I went spawn but there’s quite a few bad models in the chaos rosters
  • Beytran70Beytran70 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Obvious and lazy, and that's after CA seemingly removed other similar units after they were complained about pre-launch.
  • Ironhawk97Ironhawk97 Registered Users Posts: 499
    Spawn
    I'd say chaos as a whole seems to have been very dumbed down for a lack of better verbage, but I think the spawn design could use not only more unique models within a single unit, but more distinction across all four Monogods.

My next choices would've been almost everything related to Tzeentch, and the Forsaken.
  • tomdooftomdoof Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 178
    edited April 12
    Chariot of Khorne
    I feel like I can't pick just one. But yeah the mortal units and spawn could have used a lot more work, I would trade the bionic wild wild west spiders for better mortals and spawn.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,682
    Doom Knight for me sense its in my mind a very cool unit, I literal show piece of a unit for Tzeentch yet they just toss a normal chaos warrior tinted blue. Seriously, it could/would have been a fan favorite out of the gate if it was a unique unit on those flying demonic frisbees.
  • OldblackeyesOldblackeyes Registered Users Posts: 203
    edited April 12
    Forsaken
    DrawVids said:

Goldtooth

If I could change my vote I would, forgot that atrocity.
  • Beytran70Beytran70 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Rikis said:

Doom Knight for me sense its in my mind a very cool unit, I literal show piece of a unit for Tzeentch yet they just toss a normal chaos warrior tinted blue. Seriously, it could/would have been a fan favorite out of the gate if it was a unique unit on those flying demonic frisbees.

What's even crazier than this is CA and GW MADE UP THIS UNIT COMPLETELY! It is brand new! They could have made it even cooler, they were half way there with the concept and the magic frisbee, but I guess the guy they had making the model must have called out sick with COVID or something and never finished it, so they just slapped a reskin on there.