Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SFO reworks Tzeentch knights

2»

Comments

• DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    edited April 12
    tomdoof said:

Yeah Tzeentch needs more eyeballs, crystal spheres and mutations, something to better represent chaotic change.

Birbs on shoulders instead of birbs on hats.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 858

tomdoof said:

Yeah Tzeentch needs more eyeballs, crystal spheres and mutations, something to better represent chaotic change.

This is what I hoped monogods would bring... not modder-tier recolors.

#JusticeForTzeentch
  • DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 1,513

tomdoof said:

I love those helmets design, especially the guy on the rock (who I thought was a horse)
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    DTAPPSNZ said:

especially the guy on the rock (who I thought was a horse)

Me too. But mainly because the other 3 are all mounted.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,078
    bUt wE aLL pLaY zOoMeD oUt wHo cArEs aBoUt mOdEl QuAliTy

I can’t believe how many areas CA cut corners in this game, but the copy pasted assets hurt the worst. Massive cap right off the bat on the games creative potential.
  • ravezaarravezaar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 272
    not a fan, should have diffrent dyes for sure
  • OldblackeyesOldblackeyes Registered Users Posts: 187

TeNoSkill said:

SerPus said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like the whole "everything must look like a bird" thing?

It´s tzeentch, so how else should they look like ?
    While birds were always one of Tzeentch's motifs, other strong ones include fire, the Withering Eye, serpents, and heavy mutation in general.

Tzeentch stuff having bird details is good, Tzeentch stuff having only bird details is uninspired.
    Don't forget fish, tzeentch also has a mild fish theme that you don't see enough of.
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,215
    ravezaar said:

not a fan, should have diffrent dyes for sure

Those are 3d models without colors :)
    here , with colors

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• ErminazErminaz Senior Member USARegistered Users Posts: 5,903

TeNoSkill said:

SerPus said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like the whole "everything must look like a bird" thing?

While birds were always one of Tzeentch's motifs, other strong ones include fire, the Withering Eye, serpents, and heavy mutation in general.

Tzeentch stuff having bird details is good, Tzeentch stuff having only bird details is uninspired.
    Aren't Serpents more of a Slaanesh thing?
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,709
    I like almost nothing that SFO does.
    This included.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 858

This included.

agreed, this is so bad compared to CAs aspiring champions (blue) (on discs) masterpiece
    #JusticeForTzeentch
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,709

This included.

agreed, this is so bad compared to CAs aspiring champions (blue) (on discs) masterpiece
    Agreed.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,806
    edited April 13

bUt wE aLL pLaY zOoMeD oUt wHo cArEs aBoUt mOdEl QuAliTy

I can’t believe how many areas CA cut corners in this game, but the copy pasted assets hurt the worst. Massive cap right off the bat on the games creative potential.

I am genuinely confused, not get me wrong, people can have less strong opinion on visuells and not even care for them.

But i am so death certain that a abslute minority, i eat my hat if most player not want visuell cool designs.

Here take the chaos thing, i am absolute defender of mono gods and still find them a good idea (i mean every player got his personal chaos)

BUT FACT IS! i wanted them to have flesh out rosters, with different looking chaos marks and units.

Now i have to wait for lord packs, because only thing that ca manage are the mechanics for these, is sucks still that we have to wait for modders to fix it.

Now people (moders never as good as ca and they not fix the game)

YES! but who else will against the clone soldiers?

Even with the lordpacks, new specific gods units and models the doom knight copy paste garbage will still be there, ca never ever did remodel for free.

So i have to take mods for the 6 year old assets to be changed
    Post edited by Lunaticprince on

• KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464

I find it incredible that modders will change one thing in a huge game that CA spent years making; and everyone will act like modders did all the work.

Need I link the 'Keep Modders out of it' thread from reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/tfo8g1/please_leave_modders_out_of_this/

What I find incredible is that CA cut so many corners to the point where we need to mod almost everything. smoll indie company hit by brexit/covid, not enough time to do models, not enough time to do tech trees, not enough time to have a good item system, not enough time to do good hero skill trees, but enough time to do an obnoxious campaign and enough time to bring most bugs from game 2 and ruin the UI.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,336
    CA should use Gallagher concept arts and fully remodel them:

I like me burning head.

I like me burning head.

lets hope they use them for the new tzeentch chosen for their lord pack

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,967

This included.

Agreed.
    Lol what, are you insane.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    I like a lot of what SFO does, love their norsca reworks. Adds some cool units, gives you LL specific mechanics, great stuff. I hardly play without SFO.
  • Pico0Pico0 Registered Users Posts: 284

I like me burning head.

Damn it looks awesome. I probably don't realize how much work this represent, still I can't help but think It would have been amazing if CA managed to give this much details for all monogods.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,008
    SerPus said:

Sure I see your angle.......but it's still a hell of an improvement over the lazy recoloured garbage CA churned out.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,078

TeNoSkill said:

SerPus said:

Don't forget fish, tzeentch also has a mild fish theme that you don't see enough of.
    THIS. The fish out of water symbolism is tragically underused
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,043
    Erminaz said:

Aren't Serpents more of a Slaanesh thing?

Eventually, yes.

Back in the original Realm of Chaos release they highlight serpents as a common Tzeentch symbol, though mainly either on fire or forming an Ouroboros (or just twisting in on itself). They also point out circular symbols in general, including suns and ying-yang designs, and the "Fire Grail" and "Fireskull".

Just saying i want them for the lordpack, if we not normal looking tzeentch warriors for the main gmae, at least give me freaky mutant chosen!