Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Todays REAL news

CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 1,478
edited April 18 in General Discussion

Thats something i can appreciate. Admitting to mistakes and communicating them. Kudos to whoever was in charge of that, right choice.

Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• fan3982173917524862fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,584
    Another situation where CA says they'd improve communications after years? I'll believe it when I see it.
    And these statements only come after they do some really bad PR, it's just damage control.
  • CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 1,478

I don't see anything about admitting and communicating mistakes.

Not directly, but this post alone is atleast to me, proof that they know they effed it up today and in the past few weeks.
    And it is the right direction

• LegendaryArticunoLegendaryArticuno Registered Users Posts: 501
    Cyresdog said:

Thats something i can appreciate. Admitting to mistakes and communicating them. Kudos to whoever was in charge of that, right choice.

How do you appreciate gaps and the lack of communication on processes that already should be in place. CA is not an indie company and this is not their first or second game release.

They already should have extensive procedures and practices on communication.
  • T_MACCABBEET_MACCABBEE Registered Users Posts: 700
    Cyresdog said:

Not directly, but this post alone is atleast to me, proof that they know they effed it up today and in the past few weeks.
    I don't know about you, but CA ALWAYS uses excuses like this. I've seen similar excuses during 3K's development and look where that went.
  • SneedGamingSneedGaming Registered Users Posts: 326
    So the news is that they're going on holiday after 3 months of dragging their feet and barely doing anything?
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,800
    They could copy the Dev Blogs from Paradox, just saying, it's not like Paradox has a copyright on those.

About the roadmap, pretty much what they already told us, it's not ready yet and they will tell us when it is.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,601
    Oh cool empty words that bring nothing new.

Hey, at this point i take every bit of willingness they offer. And even if it might be just a copy paste of previous iterations, then this can just be added up to the already standing Grudges.

• Lyserus#4480Lyserus#4480 Registered Users Posts: 205
    This **** is like "Japanese bowing" (it's a saying against Japanese government/corporate and not it's ppl)

"we are really sorry, we will say that we are improving to get you off my back and will keep doing it" *bows*

"we already bowed what more do you want from us you bully!"
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,290
    And they say lashback has no effect...

Anyway - This means we won't get anything for a while - holidays and after that they still need to work on it before they share something.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
    1v0 said:

Anyway - This means we won't get anything for a while - holidays and after that they still need to work on it before they share something.

Pretty sure that the holidays are only until the 18th, so maybe late next week we get something?
    - Anonymous
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,558
    Cyresdog said:

Given the smileys in Discord, the most voted comments in Youtube and the like/dislike ratio, someone must be pretty blind not to realise that the video was not well-received. In any case, that's not a public admittance of a mistake. Which would be actually a rather ballsy move and which explains why it is such a rare phenomenon in public discourse and marketing.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,375
    edited April 14
    Cyresdog said:

Admitting their mistakes doesn't MEAN anything if they just keep making those mistakes.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,725

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,290
    edited April 14

1v0 said:

Pretty sure that the holidays are only until the 18th, so maybe late next week we get something?
    You are right, thou apart from news or news about news, I don't expect anything soon - for me the next update will be with the blood for the blood god event on steam.
    Hopefully we will get the Blood DLC with that event. If we don't it will be a real shame.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,

1v0 said:

Yea its just Tomorrow (Friday) and Monday meant as Holidays, not like "Nobody gonna be at the Office for 3 weeks" type of holidays

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Bies said:

Smh, so what has this guy been doing the entire time? Why did he promise a roadmap 1 or 2 weeks after launch when it is now week 8 or 9.
    Bies said:

Thanks bies for sharing this

• steam_164553212385mvIygnYsteam_164553212385mvIygnY Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 738
    People don't actually believe it takes CA a month to publish a roadmap, right? Notice there's no indication that we'll get any news next week either.
    Bies said:

Mmmm, I have the feeling that the roadmap will also be a bit of FAQ as well.
    - Anonymous
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285
    Bies said:

That better be a hell of a roadmap

Bies said:

Smh, so what has this guy been doing the entire time? Why did he promise a roadmap 1 or 2 weeks after launch when it is now week 8 or 9.
    Because they didn't know they would have a delay, simple as that.
    - Anonymous
    Okay to further state why i think this is a good move from CA even if the statement is empty and meaningless in the end.

The backlash from the Meet your LL on wednesday was bad, todays respone was bad and deserved.
    But atleast this is a moment where CA SOMEWHAT, even when it is in corpo talk, admits they realize how much they **** up with those things.

And yes, i am well aware they made statements like these in the past that sadly led to nothing in the end. But if we are angry about this right now, then i seriously would understand why they completely shut down the communication.
    We gave them more than enough time to talk to us, and this might be their way to open more ways of communication.

I am just as skeptical as the rest is, but i am willing to give them one last time the benefit of the doubt here. Call me overly optimistic, call me naive, whatever. At the end of the day i want a good product that i paid for (several times now if you count in WH1, 2 & all the DLCs) so if this is the one chance to get a grasp to CA. I am down for it.

Bies said:

That better be a hell of a roadmap
    There's actually very little work effort involved... all he needs to do is take the internal project timeline, mask the internal info and timelines, and just give us the next few milestone headers. That's pretty much it.

It would take less than half a day to complete, and for management to review.
This discussion has been closed.