Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Todays REAL news

Comments

• MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 648
    Sounds like the same as always to me. I've heard the same thing years before. But congratulations that there was a reaction at all.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464
    Bies said:

I am a bit confused about this statement. Your work should represent itself, I don't quite understand this ''There are multiple people with stake in this and how we represent their work'' . Any ideas what he means Biel?
  • SneedGamingSneedGaming Registered Users Posts: 326
    KronusX said:

Bies said:

I am a bit confused about this statement. Your work should represent itself, I don't quite understand this ''There are multiple people with stake in this and how we represent their work'' . Any ideas what he means Biel?
    I think what he means is just that anger could be directed at others in the company because of his actions. Like if he says X will arrive by Y date, then Y date passes and X isn't done. People would be upset at the developers even though they never made any promises, it was the PR guy who promised that the thing would come out by that deadline. It still doesn't really explain why he can't make a roadmap without dates, or with very vague dates, on it.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,417
    I'm glad they said something - because this was a damned embarrassing day for CA.

Still we have had promises like this a dozen times before... and once again we only got any communication because we kicked up a fuss.

Not great...
  • Beytran70#7597Beytran70#7597 Registered Users Posts: 204
    KronusX said:

Bies said:

Might be trying to say they are really REALLY trying to get an accurate roadmap they can actually follow and therefore are getting as much information as possible from all the development teams so they know exactly where they stand.
  • GBone#4408GBone#4408 Registered Users Posts: 1,378
    The optimist in me is hoping that the delays are due to CA having a proper reassessment of the whole direction of WH3. For example, dropping the requirement of having WH1 and 2 to unlock IE and instead making it a core part of WH3, allowing a sandbox mode on the RoC map, taking on board feedback from players and doing a serious rework of minor and walled sieges, pop up towers etc.

The pessimist in me is thinking they don't have a clue what they're doing.
  • T_MACCABBEET_MACCABBEE Registered Users Posts: 700
    I'm confused on what the hell they are even going to put in the road map that isn't super obvious or won't spoil years of content in the future.
    Remember the initial roadmap for WH2? It was a graphical chart where 3 of them were spoilers, hinting the laboratory, FLC lords, 1 campaign pack and 1 lord pack. The rest were obvious. While this was flawed and CA ended up dropping it since they went out of schedule, it also didn't take long to do.
    Do we really need an entire blog for their road map to tell us when they plan to fix the campaign map and the bugs that I'm sure people are sick off already in along with the super obvious IE and blood dlc (why on earth does this even need to be on a goddamn road map. This is the kind of dlc you **** out after a month. Why is it taking so long even.)
    If they're going to include future dlc hints, why bother? It DIDN'T WORK the first time, so why do it again and further delay announcements?
    Beytran70 said:

KronusX said:

Bies said:

Might be trying to say they are really REALLY trying to get an accurate roadmap they can actually follow and therefore are getting as much information as possible from all the development teams so they know exactly where they stand.
    But I thought they had the roadmap was done since 1-2 weeks after WH3 launched, isn't that what CA Ben said?
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,786
    KronusX said:

Beytran70 said:

KronusX said:

Bies said:

But I thought they had the roadmap was done since 1-2 weeks after WH3 launched, isn't that what CA Ben said?
    Dude, stop with this nonsense, they said they would give us a roadmap 1-2 weeks after launch BEFORE the delay to future content due to the rough launch, the roadmap that we will get in the future won't the the same, how hard is it to understand something so simple?

I'm as disappointed as anyone here, but repeating the same nonsense over and over again helps no one.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous

KronusX said:

Beytran70 said:

KronusX said:

Bies said:

Dude, stop with this nonsense, they said they would give us a roadmap 1-2 weeks after launch BEFORE the delay to future content due to the rough launch, the roadmap that we will get in the future won't the the same, how hard is it to understand something so simple?

I'm as disappointed as anyone here, but repeating the same nonsense over and over again helps no one.
    There is no nonsense, I am just trying to understand. In theory if they could give us the roadmap 1-2 weeks after launch, the delay would not change the roadmap itself but rather the dates. What prevents them from presenting the roadmap without the dates? What prevents them from giving an estimate quarter instead?
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,786
    KronusX said:

KronusX said:

Beytran70 said:

KronusX said:

Bies said:

There is no nonsense, I am just trying to understand. In theory if they could give us the roadmap 1-2 weeks after launch, the delay would not change the roadmap itself but rather the dates. What prevents them from presenting the roadmap without the dates? What prevents them from giving an estimate quarter instead?
    You are asumming that they have any dates to give or that things that were supossed to arrive this year haven't been pussed to the next one, it's not as simple as just changing a date, who knows how long things have been delayed.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,558
    Yeah, that excuse is total BS. I can only think of two reasons about why the roadmap is delayed.

1. Their schedule is too fluid. That sounds unlikely though. At least the first year of development must have been determined and nobody expects very precise dates.

2. They are scared that the roadmap will actually worsen the situation. That looks like the most plausible scenario, especially considering what followed after the game's release. Everyone hated the campaign plot and most said they are looking forward to the Immortal Empires, who would save WH3 from disaster. Some of our most optimistic members expected an April release (looking at you, Arne). Now these predictions appear comically wrong, but what if reality is even bleaker? What if Immortal Empires is scheduled to arrive long after the blood and first faction pack? What if the roadmap says don't expect IE before late summer or even autumn? The fanbase would riot.

In my opinion, the marketing department is trying to delay the inevitable. They probably regret promising the roadmap during winter, but scriipta manent...
  • T_MACCABBEET_MACCABBEE Registered Users Posts: 700
    edited April 14

Yeah, that excuse is total BS. I can only think of two reasons about why the roadmap is delayed.

1. Their schedule is too fluid. That sounds unlikely though. At least the first year of development must have been determined and nobody expects very precise dates.

2. They are scared that the roadmap will actually worsen the situation. That looks like the most plausible scenario, especially considering what followed after the game's release. Everyone hated the campaign plot and most said they are looking forward to the Immortal Empires, who would save WH3 from disaster. Some of our most optimistic members expected an April release (looking at you, Arne). Now these predictions appear comically wrong, but what if reality is even bleaker? What if Immortal Empires is scheduled to arrive long after the blood and first faction pack? What if the roadmap says don't expect IE before late summer or even autumn? The fanbase would riot.

In my opinion, the marketing department is trying to delay the inevitable. They probably regret promising the roadmap during winter, but scriipta manent...

Regarding point 2, it's possible that CA prepared a lot of content revolving around the chaos realms campaign and having seen that a lot of people would rather outright skip it or dont want to see more of it, it has caused them to rethink releasing it in the first place.
    Reminds me of when CA first released the 8 princes dlc for 3k, thinking that that's the kind of content 3k players would want only to result in disaster, which caused CA to shelve several months of work and start from scratch working on things that the players actually wanted.
    If you don't know what I'm talking about, 3K's 8 princes dlc came out in August and was announced in July. 3k wouldn't receive another dlc until January next year, and even that dlc was filled with bugs, and I want to stress it being buggy, because it was clear that said dlc was rushed to appease the angry fanbase and come 2021 when CA finally dropped support for 3K, said dlc is STILL broken in some places and never got fixed.
    It's very likely that WH3 might suffer similar problems in due to CA scrambling to cobble up the kind of content people want to see, even if they're clearly out of time due to working on the unwanted content prior.
  • DrazhoaththeAshen#9598DrazhoaththeAshen#9598 Registered Users Posts: 879
    GBone said:

The optimist in me is hoping that the delays are due to CA having a proper reassessment of the whole direction of WH3. For example, dropping the requirement of having WH1 and 2 to unlock IE and instead making it a core part of WH3, allowing a sandbox mode on the RoC map, taking on board feedback from players and doing a serious rework of minor and walled sieges, pop up towers etc.

The pessimist in me is thinking they don't have a clue what they're doing.

Pretty much perfectly captures how I feel. I am hoping that they are taking a more rational approach to the future of the game and rightfully investing time and effort into reorienting to what works and dropping what doesn't. But the tone of today's video... that gives me pause. And it feeds that pessimistic side that suspects that just don't know what is going on.

IE not coming out for a protracted period of time suddenly doesn't seem unlikely to me. And that is... something. Don't really have words after the tone they chose to adopt today.
    The sage never tries to store things up.
    The more he does for others, the more he has.
    The more he gives to others, the greater his abundance.
    The Tao of heaven is pointed but does no harm.
    The Tao of the sage is work without effort.

• 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,287
    edited April 14
    For the roadmap I'm in the opinion that is ready - it has been said here before but I will say it again - if they could put a roadmap in the first 1-2 weeks after release ! They can do it now, I really think the roadmap is ready but they want to do something else first before the roadmap.

Simply said - you know CA roadmaps they don't have dates - just take a look at the FLC chart... or do you guys remeber "an old friend..."

And we already know from datamine/leaks that Chaos dwarfs are on the menu and IE is begin worked on(maps begin worked on in the files), Same can be said about Blood DLC - we have it in trailers and another leak of sliders(Syncs kills + green blood).

Basiclly we already know what will be on that roadmap !!!

It's not that hard to say -
    "hey we plan to release IE + blood DLC this year and maybe a race pack". With no dates.

Or even better -
    We plan to release Blood DLC this spring (no date - just this spring), while IE is begin worked on and we are not sure when its going to be ready.

The roadmap was supposed to be out in 1-2 weeks = If they can "BUILD" as the CA person said "building out that roadmap" in 2 weeks... Well now it's 2 months. later...
    I was patient and kept criticue to other things... but it's getting too much...

Let me say another thing between WH1 and WH2: THERE IS 1 year and a half time ! And in WH2 we had ME + Blood DLC 1 month after release !!!
    I want to spell it out - for that 1 year they did HE,DE,Skaven(that were bad at launch), LM + BLOOD + ME (with no reskins!)- it took only 1 month for them to finish ME and blood.
    WH1 - 24 May, 2016
    WH2 - 28 Sep, 2017
    WH3 - 17 Feb, 2022.

NOW ! it has been 4 years !
    WH2 - 28 Sep, 2017 - WH3 - 17 Feb, 2022.

And the game is unfinished and CA are treating it like an unofficial early access. IE + blood is still begin worked on, and we can't even get a Roadmap... ROADMAP = JUST WORD OF WHAT THEY PLAN !

it's too much... did they start working on WH3 in 2021 ?!
    Post edited by 1v0#3562 on
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,326
    1v0 said:

For the roadmap I'm in the opinion that is ready - it has been said here before but I will say it again - if they could put a roadmap in the first 1-2 weeks after release ! They can do it now, I really think the roadmap is ready but they want to do something else first before the roadmap.

Simply said - you know CA roadmaps they don't have dates - just take a look at the FLC chart... or do you guys remeber "an old friend..."

And we already know from datamine/leaks that Chaos dwarfs are on the menu and IE is begin worked on(maps begin worked on in the files), Same can be said about Blood DLC - we have it in trailers and another leak of sliders(Syncs kills + green blood).

"hey we plan to release IE + blood DLC this year and maybe a race pack". With no dates.

Or even better -
    We plan to release Blood DLC this spring (no date - just this spring), while IE is begin worked on and we are not sure when its going to be ready.

The roadmap was supposed to be out in 1-2 weeks = If they can "BUILD" as the CA person said "building out that roadmap" in 2 weeks... Well now it's 2 months. later...

Let me say another thing between WH1 and WH2: THERE IS 1 year and a half time ! And in WH2 we had ME + Blood DLC 1 month after release !!!
    I want to spell it out - for that 1 year they did HE,DE,Skaven(that were bad at launch), LM + BLOOD + ME (with no reskins!)- it took only 1 month for them to finish ME and blood.

NOW ! it has been 4 years ! WH2:28 Sep, 2017 - WH3:17 Feb, 2022.

And the game is unfinished and CA are treating it like an unofficial early access. IE + blood is still begin worked on, and we can't even get a Roadmap... ROADMAP = JUST WORD OF WHAT THEY PLAN !

Haha this is too chaotic, when you put the dates, it's really weird to think that we are talking about the same company.
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,287

1v0 said:

Or even better -

NOW ! it has been 4 years ! WH2:28 Sep, 2017 - WH3:17 Feb, 2022.

Haha this is too chaotic, when you put the dates, it's really weird to think that we are talking about the same company.
    I'm a heretic after all :D . Anyway I edited it again -
    WH1 - 24 May, 2016
    WH2 - 28 Sep, 2017
    WH3 - 17 Feb, 2022

What happened to WH3...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,816
    Cyresdog said:

Thats something i can appreciate. Admitting to mistakes and communicating them. Kudos to whoever was in charge of that, right choice.

Isn't this like the 6th time they regurgitated this shpiel?
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,057
    Sounds very familiar, I still don't quite understand why there so disorganized and bad at keeping communication at a reasonable pace.

The roadmap should not be this hard to get out the door and they will most likely say subject to change at the end off it anyway.

IE I can understand they don't want to rush and CDs too, but the blood dlc should really be out now.

• Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,183
    All my sympathy to them, it must be hard due to the circumstances
  • neverendingneverending Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,940
    What I'm getting from this is they once said "Soon" with no date, and that took around 6-8 months. Now they are saying "Lengthy" with no date. I'm not sure what the point is in expecting possibly a year or more.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    ASUS TUF 3080 12 GB
    4TB Sabrent NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • afverrall#1754afverrall#1754 Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    DLC doesn't even seem to be part of the equation now
  • MoongorMoongor Registered Users Posts: 125
    Haha I would like to believe their words, its just they love not communicate anything and CM of CA exoend daily work doing what? They rarely say anything worth of reading by us
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,951

Cyresdog said:

I don't see anything about admitting and communicating mistakes.

Not directly, but this post alone is atleast to me, proof that they know they effed it up today and in the past few weeks.
    And it is the right direction
    I don't know about you, but CA ALWAYS uses excuses like this. I've seen similar excuses during 3K's development and look where that went.
    It is impressive they can keep using the same excuse over and over.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 1,494
    edited April 14
    Sorry this is bull. CA have to have an internal deadline for IE. They have to. Any business from a freelancer to a large business has deadlines... CA are acting like they are the only ones who have ever had a deadline in the human race...
    They MUST know when they are planning to release IE at this stage. So add a few weeks on to be safe and let us know. Its not complicated.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,740
    I think they are bringing the entire world to ME, that's why they are taking time with it, they didnt intended but now they are doing it.

ARABYLIVES

KURESHLIVES
    NIPPON LIVES

IND LIVES

NAGASH FACTION ONLY NOT RACE.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,951

Let me add a 3rd option.

The roadmap is one dlc and then pulling the plug on whTW. *Shudder*
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,449

You should probably read the statement then.

Do you want them to go all "Sowwy Senpai!"? That'd be lulzy actually.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,449
    Cool.

I'm content with that. My anxiety isn't focused on this game right now.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,558

You should probably read the statement then.

Do you want them to go all "Sowwy Senpai!"? That'd be lulzy actually.
    Feel free to quote the exact part of the statement, where the mistake is explicitly admitted and communicated.
This discussion has been closed.