Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Monogod Dlc, Remaining Deamon units ? (Non Mortal)

arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,075
What Deamon/Non-Mortal units are still going to arrive for all the Monogod ? Non-counting LL and LH

I could see the Heir of Change for Tzeentch appear as a Hero choice, like a generic Changeling (Being able to change appearance and turn intangible

(WFRPG: Heart of Chaos)

Comments

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,021
    Since Daemons are present in all settings I would say that there is a good chance we will get the Infernal Enrapturess and the Contorted Epitome, they are in both 40K and AoS, I see no reason they won't be added to Fantasy when the OW releases.
  • KhorneBullKhorneBull Registered Users Posts: 254
    Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

All speculations on my part.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,967
    edited April 16
    A big thing about the changling is no one not even supposedly Tzeentch knows what kind of daemon it is.

Making generic versions would ruin that.

Goatforce said:

Since Daemons are present in all settings I would say that there is a good chance we will get the Infernal Enrapturess and the Contorted Epitome, they are in both 40K and AoS, I see no reason they won't be added to Fantasy when the OW releases.

Doubt it, CA have said not stuff from AoS.

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

Pretty sure none of those are daemon units.

Goatforce said:

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

Blood Chariots are Juggernauts (Daemons) with Bloodletters riding it (Daemons)
    Serpents ,Bloodbeasts and Firewyrms are the equivalent of Beast of nurgle (Daemons).
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,259

Goatforce said:

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

The blood beast and the Firewyrm were the equivalent to Fiends of Slaanesh and Beasts of Nurgle but they got dropped when the other to moved into Daemons. So it doesn’t seem unreasonable they also be daemons.

Why wouldn’t the serpents be daemons? Daemonettes road then in Storm of Chaos.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,641

Goatforce said:

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

We have the AoS Keeper of Secrets preciesely because it's not exclusive to that setting, the same as the new Daemon's from AoS.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous

Blood Chariots
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,007
    arthadaw said:

I could see the Heir of Change for Tzeentch appear as a Hero choice, like a generic Changeling (Being able to change appearance and turn intangible

(WFRPG: Heart of Chaos)

Agree if AND ONLY IF they will have Moonface rather than another bird.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,451
    There's only a couple, not enough for a single Lord Pack on own. Mortals will be essential for Monogods.

Goatforce said:

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

Serpents ,Bloodbeasts and Firewyrms are the equivalent of Beast of nurgle (Daemons).
    Actually, its a little more complicated. The Fiend of Slaanesh was originally just a unique Spawn of Chaos (Mortal) before got syphoned off to be its own thing (Like the Beast of Nurgle, which went through same thing).

In terms of whats missing Daemon wise its:

Pleasureseekers
    Changebringers
    Plagueriders
    Chariot of Khorne/Nurgle/Tzeentch/Slaanesh

All of these are just different forms of basically the same Cavalry.

• sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,857

Goatforce said:

Well several units are already based on their AoS counterparts.

Plus a lot of TWW3 appears to found itself on the Old World. E.g. ice guard were first shown in an old world Preview. Same for the bear riders designs.
    And I bet that GW will use AoS demon models in the old world too, because why not use regular demon units which already transcent all settings anyway?

So if it may show up in the old world, it has good chances to jump into TWW3 too. Therefore I do expect to see AoS demon units in TWW3.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting

Goatforce said:

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

It's not an "AoS" unit (by which I mean exclusively). It is a Daemon and is present in both 40K and AoS, no doubt it will be in Fantasy too.

I really don't see why people don't realise that Daemons exist in all WH universes.....
  • Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,514
    Djau said:

There's only a couple, not enough for a single Lord Pack on own. Mortals will be essential for Monogods.

Goatforce said:

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

Actually, its a little more complicated. The Fiend of Slaanesh was originally just a unique Spawn of Chaos (Mortal) before got syphoned off to be its own thing (Like the Beast of Nurgle, which went through same thing).

In terms of whats missing Daemon wise its:

Pleasureseekers
    Changebringers
    Plagueriders
    Chariot of Khorne/Nurgle/Tzeentch/Slaanesh

All of these are just different forms of basically the same Cavalry.
    It’s even more complicated than that. In early 6th (Ravening Hordes and the WD daemons list) and before Beasts of Nurgle and Fiends of Slaanesh were more or less as they are now other than that Fiends were warhound size instead of juggernaut sized.

6th Ed HoC gutted the daemon list and the names got reused for marked spawn (with Bloodbeast and Firewyrm being the other two gods).

The SoC daemon legion list then brought the proper daemonic Beast of Nurgle back, but also made it a mount for plaguebearers. So even in 6th there was a difference between proper Beasts of Nurgle and the same name used for a marked spawn.

7th Ed Daemons of Chaos then brought back proper Fiends of Slaanesh

Realistically the following is missing from the SoC list:
    -Changebringers (flamers riding disks)
    -Pleasureseekers (monstrous cav daemonettes on ‘Boobsnakes’)
    -Plagueriders (plaguebearers riding Beasts of Nurgle)
    -Chariot of Nurgle (pulled by 1-2 Beasts of Nurgle, ridden by plaguebearers)
    -Chariot of Khorne (pulled by 1-2 juggers, ridden by Bloodletters).

There’s also technically the Chariot of Tzeentch, but the only difference with the Burning Chariot is it has two small flamers instead of 1 big flamer so I’m really not sure it adds anything meaningfully distinct.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,336
    I would like the Heir of Change. And these for Slaanesh:

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,676
    Also the champions will probably get turned into units too, so thats a few more

Goatforce said:

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

Bloodbeasts and Firewyrms are mutated mortals.

Goatforce said:

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

We have the AoS Keeper of Secrets preciesely because it's not exclusive to that setting, the same as the new Daemon's from AoS.
    It's a warhammer fantasy character using the updated model, it's not something new from AoS.
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

It's not an "AoS" unit (by which I mean exclusively). It is a Daemon and is present in both 40K and AoS, no doubt it will be in Fantasy too.

I really don't see why people don't realise that Daemons exist in all WH universes.....
    CA straight up said they won't include stuff from AoS.
    edited April 17

Either way Bloodbeasts and Firewyrms are listed among the Daemon of chaos.

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Blood Chariots of Khorne
    Blood beast of Khorne
    Firewyrm of tzeentch
    Serpent of slaanesh

CA straight up said they won't include stuff from AoS.
    You aren't listening. Daemons are not from AoS, they are not Stormcast. The units I pointed out are not AoS units, they are daemons who are in both AoS and 40K. The only reason they aren't in Fantasy is because Fantasy doesn't exist anymore, however that is going to change over the next few years, at which point they will probably be backported. Why? Because there is no such thing as a generic Daemon unit/hero that doesn't exist in every Warhammer universe.

So CA saying that they "aren't going to do AoS units" doesn't apply here.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,413

Listed where exactly?
    SerPus said:

Listed where exactly?
    Warhammer Armies: Hordes of Chaos (6th Edition)

Are you sure? Because in the Hordes of Chaos book they are upgraded Chaos Spawns, not daemons.

edited April 17
    SerPus said:

Are you sure? Because in the Hordes of Chaos book they are upgraded Chaos Spawns, not daemons.

Could be but they're still listed in the Daemons of Chaos part.

Could be but they're still listed in the Daemons of Chaos part.

No, Spawns are listed under "Beasts of Chaos" category and Firewyrms are only upgrades to Spawns. They don't get "daemonic" rule either.
    They're not listed in the beast of chaos Only Daemons of Chaos.

Could be like Daemon princes who were human and now listed as daemons but since I don't work for GW I can only go with what they listed.

They're not listed in the beast of chaos Only Daemons of Chaos

Come on now

SerPus said:

They're not listed in the beast of chaos Only Daemons of Chaos

Come on now

Beast of Nurgle and Fiends or currently also daemons.
    edited April 17

Okay? They weren't daemons in the Hordes of Chaos army books and neither are Firewyrms, unless you have some other source.
    SerPus said:

Okay? They weren't daemons in the Hordes of Chaos army books and neither are Firewyrms, unless you have some other source.
    It literally says,Warhammer Armies: Hordes of Chaos (6th Edition) (2002) Liber Tzeentch for Firewyrms and.Liber Chaotica for Bloodbeast.