Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WH3's vs Elden Ring's Patch release content and pace. (Read if you wanna cry)

2»

Comments

• mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,800

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

Totally different games.. so irrelevant.

Well is it? He's got a point. It takes whole eternity to fix small issues with those big ones still there. Btw most of those changes to chaos realm were already adjustable im game files.

I have a little issue with IE not being here yet, i have real issue with no communication at all (IE is still part of the product proposition so at least to know in what fcking year?)
    And i have huge issues with current state of core game. Also no information about what and when.

Also i wouldn't say it helps anyone if you defend CA. Like literally noone.
    All caps ultimatums and hyperbole don't help anyone either...
    Well it does. It may be annoying but putting pressure on CA will do things. Also feel free to avoid such discussions. He's trying at least.
    Let me tell you that the moment a Dev sees something written in all caps they just ignore it, so no, it doesn't help at all, because it doesn't put any pressure on CA.
    except that no, they don't. They dont care about caps on or off, they care about the content, a well written letter with no real content gets ignored. This is bad writter letter that focuses on what it has to say, not HOW.
    Yes, they do, that's just typical modus operandi in any company, all caps messages are disregarded without even reading them, the form is as important as the content, if you want give constructive criticism a well written and presented post will have more chances of getting CAs attention than a rage fuelled letter.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,527

FromSoftware, the same company that hasn't fixed yet the glaring security hole that was reported months ago that forced them to close the multiplayer for the 3 Souls games?

dead game, irrelevant, same can be said about wh2 except is not "critical to security" but "game breaking"
    How the hell can a single player game be dead? Not to mention that they promised to fix it and it affects 3 entire games, not just 1.
    Do you really thing this is going to help whatever your case is? What are you rooting for?
    I just find it jarring that you bring up Fromsoft acting like they are the perfect example when their games aren't devoid of issues at all.
    they are both comparable cause they where released in the same timeframe with almost the same amount of money and previous successfully and best seller games. Now that I think about it CAs situation is worst cause they DO have issues to fix, at worst their patch pace should be even faster than Elden ring's.

More patches more problems (for Warhammer).
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,740
    edited April 19

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

Well is it? He's got a point. It takes whole eternity to fix small issues with those big ones still there. Btw most of those changes to chaos realm were already adjustable im game files.

I have a little issue with IE not being here yet, i have real issue with no communication at all (IE is still part of the product proposition so at least to know in what fcking year?)
    And i have huge issues with current state of core game. Also no information about what and when.

Well it does. It may be annoying but putting pressure on CA will do things. Also feel free to avoid such discussions. He's trying at least.
    Let me tell you that the moment a Dev sees something written in all caps they just ignore it, so no, it doesn't help at all, because it doesn't put any pressure on CA.
    except that no, they don't. They dont care about caps on or off, they care about the content, a well written letter with no real content gets ignored. This is bad writter letter that focuses on what it has to say, not HOW.
    Yes, they do, that's just typical modus operandi in any company, all caps messages are disregarded without even reading them, the form is as important as the content, if you want give constructive criticism a well written and presented post will have more chances of getting CAs attention than a rage fuelled letter.
    well consider them to be bold it just that bold gets lost here, its almost like a title.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

edited April 19

FromSoftware, the same company that hasn't fixed yet the glaring security hole that was reported months ago that forced them to close the multiplayer for the 3 Souls games?

dead game, irrelevant, same can be said about wh2 except is not "critical to security" but "game breaking"
    How the hell can a single player game be dead? Not to mention that they promised to fix it and it affects 3 entire games, not just 1.
    Do you really thing this is going to help whatever your case is? What are you rooting for?
    I just find it jarring that you bring up Fromsoft acting like they are the perfect example when their games aren't devoid of issues at all.
    they are both comparable cause they where released in the same timeframe with almost the same amount of money and previous successfully and best seller games. Now that I think about it CAs situation is worst cause they DO have issues to fix, at worst their patch pace should be even faster than Elden ring's.

More patches more problems (for Warhammer).
    then no patches no problems? :*
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Improve UI

• ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    -

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

Youtubers were telling CA that the game sucks prior to release. CA ignored their feedback and released this broken mess of a game anyway. What makes you think they care about this letter? They likely don't even read this place, they much prefer the circlejerks of reddit and discord. No doubt there are even more sycophants and white knights there.
    Daniel was a mistake.

#JusticeForDaemonsOfChaos

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

well consider them to be bold it just that bold gets lost here, its almost like a title.
    You can say whatever you want, you don't have to convince me, but the random CA Dev that decides to give a peek at your post and disregards it immediately, just keep it in mind for future posts.
    - Anonymous
  • Hondlis#2158Hondlis#2158 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

How so? Because it express negative emotion? Please..

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

You can say whatever you want, you don't have to convince me, but the random CA Dev that decides to give a peek at your post and disregards it immediately, just keep it in mind for future posts.
    ok thanks I'll keep it in mind. Without joking I actually think they are guided more by the amount of (views vs responses) ratio on the threads.
    *Improve UI

• DrazhoaththeAshen#9598DrazhoaththeAshen#9598 Registered Users Posts: 879

Why are you comparing Elden Ring to TWW3?

Elden Ring is made by the Japanese. The Japanese actually do things well and make good products, unlike some... It's not complicated.

I wish I could say I am surprised that you are the one that decided to go in that direction. I'm not. Oof.

The productivity of studios is the productivity of studios. Good or bad. The ethnic, religious, racial, or whatever composition of that studio is ridiculous. I remember some of that rearing its ugly head here last summer, and it doesn't need to come back.

And, topper, let's not forget who the publisher of TWW3 is and where that company is from.
    The sage never tries to store things up.
    The more he does for others, the more he has.
    The more he gives to others, the greater his abundance.
    The Tao of heaven is pointed but does no harm.
    The Tao of the sage is work without effort.

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

No, it's just how things are, it's a red flag about the kind of post it will be so they just ignore it.
    - Anonymous

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

ok thanks I'll keep it in mind. Without joking I actually think they are guided more by the amount of (views vs responses) ratio on the threads.
    Initially, yes, they will go directly to the most active discussions, but if they then take the time to read your posts and the entire discussion is determined by other things, like how the OP post was written, the subject, the different reactions people has given, if they are actually constructive and not just fits of rage...

So essentially, a well written OP has more chances of hooking a Dev into your discussion, meaning more chances of your feedback getting to them.

Also, it would be good to post the same post or a TLDR version of it on the dedicated feedback section of the forum, while we forumites don't go there almost never, the devs do.
    - Anonymous
  • K3KevilinioK3Kevilinio Registered Users Posts: 502
    Are you a robot?

My Rage is getting me near Khorne. They aren’t focusing on warhammer 3 and that’s really bad. It’s one of the best selling games with a lot of dlcs for new customers. It’s a never ending cash cow as long you have lore and good content. But it’s not that important to throw fixes and updates at us faster.

They are the biggest game dev in uk with over 800 employees. They have a big publisher with Sega.

But more employees don’t mean better work. We have 3 community manager and we have less news and information as we had with Simone and Ben.

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,460
    The comparison simply is not valid.

It's not a good faith argument.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• fan3982173917524862fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,584

I guess the comparison was valid when you kept mentioning this game stealing players from WH3 and that led to it's catastrophic retention after launch?
    Can't have it both ways.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,417
    Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

If this is 'trying'; I'd hate to see what him slacking off looks like...
    Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

When dome random yells at you on the street do you pay them any attention? Nah. You just keep on walkin.

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

I guess the comparison was valid when you kept mentioning this game stealing players from WH3 and that led to it's catastrophic retention after launch?
    Can't have it both ways.
    I have no idea who you are or what you're referring to.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,890

different game, same industry.
    Totally different products, so it’s fair to assume they’re treated differently. Unless you’re just taking a stab in the dark.
    Hondlis said:

Why would I jump on the bandwagon when someone’s making a random guess about the tech between different games? CA’s already explained the reason why they don’t do multiple fix’s and without a thorough understanding of the tech it’s pretty hard to argue against.

I’d prefer peoples complaints actually meant something and was more likely to help the games optimisation rather than rabble rousing at best.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,527

Can't have it both ways.
    I know he said he played the souls game, never did I see him saying it made WH3 a bad launch.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,890

Elden Ring is made by the Japanese. The Japanese actually do things well and make good products, unlike some... It's not complicated.

Have you heard of Konami?
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 1,033

I wish I could say I am surprised that you are the one that decided to go in that direction. I'm not. Oof.

The productivity of studios is the productivity of studios. Good or bad. The ethnic, religious, racial, or whatever composition of that studio is ridiculous. I remember some of that rearing its ugly head here last summer, and it doesn't need to come back.
    Yes.. you are so intelligent that you can predict which direction my posts will go in before I make them! Yikes! Oof!

Productivity of studios is the productivity of studios. Just happens that Japanese studios are making better games.
    Daniel was a mistake.

#JusticeForDaemonsOfChaos
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,326

Pr4vda said:

Small indie company guys. You can not compare... :P

Now that I know this joke actually bothers them I'm going to use it constantly.
    Really? How do you know that this annoy CA?

Hondlis said:

Hondlis said:

I must agree with thar, when I see Caps I just ignore, I doubt that people in England do different.
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,375

Are you a robot?

My Rage is getting me near Khorne. They aren’t focusing on warhammer 3 and that’s really bad. It’s one of the best selling games with a lot of dlcs for new customers. It’s a never ending cash cow as long you have lore and good content. But it’s not that important to throw fixes and updates at us faster.

They are the biggest game dev in uk with over 800 employees. They have a big publisher with Sega.

But more employees don’t mean better work. We have 3 community manager and we have less news and information as we had with Simone and Ben.

Why do you say they aren’t focusing on TWW3? How do you know that?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,595
    Thread closed for very obvious reasons.

1) Respect:]
    1.1 Please do not disrespect any other forum users, including volunteer moderators or CA staff
    1.2a Please do not practice negative behaviour: personal attacks/bashing/baiting/spamming, etc.
    1.2b Please do not use taunting/trolling (behaviour with the deliberate goal of being controversial or offensive)
    1.3 Commenting on a decision/action made by a volunteer moderator or CA staff member is not allowed .
    1.4 All decisions by staff are final. If you have a genuine question about an action you may ask the staff member who took the action, although they are not required to respond. If you have a question that remains unanswered, please PM an Administrator.
    1.5 Avoid using words or phrases with all capital letters (it is considered shouting)

2 — Respect Everyone At All Times
    No harassment of others in any form. Racism, sexism, xenophobia, transphobia, homophobia, misogyny, etc. are never tolerated. Do not attempt to by-pass profanity filters or any moderation guidelines. Be mindful of others by remaining civil, kind, keeping a discussion on-topic, and not derailing. While we are all passionate about games and welcome constructive discussion, keep it positive and avoid endlessly criticising. Abusing the "disagree" button is not tolerated.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

This discussion has been closed.