Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nothing this week

Comments

• VeldrinarVeldrinar Registered Users Posts: 530

This reads like they're just piling on more and more onto the roadmap as soon as something new pops up rather than just releasing it and (probably) appeasing a lot of people. To hell with it, I'm shelving the game and I'll look for something else to play. I need a break from Total War after this embarrassment of a launch.

...Maybe Mark of Chaos.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 1,387
    KN_Gars said:

Rheingold said:

This is absurd. CA has to have an internal deadline for IE. They simply have to, no question.
    And most people would be happy with just a date for IE's release. They probably don't need a beautifully designed roadmap. Just the **** expected date for IE's release.
    And as CA HAS an internal date for its release, all they have to do is add a couple of weeks on to be safe and announce it. They are not **** landing a probe on a comet in a galaxy far, far away.
    This should not be difficult to grasp.
    If you want to see what communication and a roadmap are like just look at Colony ship's steampage.
    It's in early access and the map has every damn addition month by month. This from a company with a handful of developers. And the map has been damn accurate so far and if there are any changes they are communicated quickly to the players.

This is not difficult, unless you have your head so far up your own ass you would need someone with the jaws of life to remove it. That or an exceptionally talented proctologist.

It is a longstanding problem with UK based part of CA, someone at a fairly senior level apparently has an obession with keeping things "secret" so that information can either be used as "surprises" or just kept under wraps so they do not get any backlash when dates change or content is canceled. CA Sofia on the other hand had no problem with providing a decent roadmap for Troy which actually contained all the planned conent. (2 more DLC were added later due to the game doing better than expected.) Now if the statements by the CMs in the discord are true then there does seem to be a more detailed roadmap in the works for WH3 but I expect that old habits die hard so every scrap of information that goes on it will be double checked, verfied and approved several times over just to make sure. Or the Roadmap will end up being the same quality as launch day WH3, only time will tell.
    Yeah it does seem like someone at CA has a pathological need for secrecy...
    I just can't believe how ridiculous this is though, just announce the date for IE. That is what the majority of people are waiting for.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,881
    dan_eldar said:

From what I've heard... the roadmap is coming next week, the reason it wasn't this week is due to the person who needs to authorise and confirm the dates on the roadmap was on annual leave this week, and so they couldn't share the roadmap as planned.

El Jefe Manuel88 is that you?

Have you finally returned to us mere mortals to do your dirty deeds oh mighty prophet?!?

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,655
    Reeks said:

dan_eldar said:

From what I've heard... the roadmap is coming next week, the reason it wasn't this week is due to the person who needs to authorise and confirm the dates on the roadmap was on annual leave this week, and so they couldn't share the roadmap as planned.

El Jefe Manuel88 is that you?

Have you finally returned to us mere mortals to do your dirty deeds oh mighty prophet?!?
    now thats a name i havent heard in a long time, the paw-wraiths are back!
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• Mini_BananaMini_Banana Registered Users Posts: 298

KN_Gars said:

Rheingold said:

every scrap of information that goes on it will be double checked, verfied and approved several times over just to make sure

Not trying to disparage your comment here since I do agree with your conclusion about CA's secrecy, but I find it hard to believe that they actually verify and approve information with that much scrutiny. How could mistakes like the Boris concept art being leaked months before he was announced, or the cut Khorne juggernaut chariot concept art having been left in the roster reveal, or the cut Tzeentch chaos warriors being left in those promo images, have happened if they truly do spend that much time confirming things before they release? To me it just feels more like some very slow and lazy individual(s) is/are in charge of confirming information drops. If they maintained secrecy and infrequency of communication, but it was actually accurate, that would be one thing. But we wait weeks or months for content just to receive blogposts full of spelling errors and other inaccuracies.
    By "scrutiny" and "double checking" it probably actually means sitting in some higher-ups inbox for a week or 2 until they get around to sending back a minor note and restarting the cycle again.
  • NiggeyNiggey Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 195
    I mean I am feeling a little bit bad for the CMs. I know that some of their choices for communicating news werent the best ones (looking at "What is Warhammer 3?" Video), but in a lot of ways they are dependent on the news from the development team. I dont know if somewhere are some project managers who kind of f'ed up production and cant relay future plans to the CMs.
    Something got strangely out of hand if after more than two months we didnt even get NEWS about the future. Not having a DLC, FLC, Blood patch etc. okay...but not even a broad estimation of when and what is happening?

Before WH3 released we got to hear that this game is "it", the great big final of the triology with years of content to come.
    Okay, if we need multiple months to get the content rolling, get maybe not a lot content drops per year I can easily see why we will get content for years...because it takes ages to release it.

My hope is that CA gets the ball rolling from the middle of this year or at least Q3...please!
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,348
    did they clean house with their project managers or something? It seems like somewhere towards the end of TWW3 they just started **** up and have continued to make things worse and worse, like when you’re spinning your tires in the snow trying to gain traction but just turning it into ice.

Assuming there really, honestly isn’t anything for them to share with us then…wtf have they been doing? Lol
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 3,005

KN_Gars said:

Rheingold said:

This is absurd. CA has to have an internal deadline for IE. They simply have to, no question.
    And most people would be happy with just a date for IE's release. They probably don't need a beautifully designed roadmap. Just the **** expected date for IE's release.
    And as CA HAS an internal date for its release, all they have to do is add a couple of weeks on to be safe and announce it. They are not **** landing a probe on a comet in a galaxy far, far away.
    If you want to see what communication and a roadmap are like just look at Colony ship's steampage.
    It's in early access and the map has every damn addition month by month. This from a company with a handful of developers. And the map has been damn accurate so far and if there are any changes they are communicated quickly to the players.

This is not difficult, unless you have your head so far up your own ass you would need someone with the jaws of life to remove it. That or an exceptionally talented proctologist.

every scrap of information that goes on it will be double checked, verfied and approved several times over just to make sure
    Not trying to disparage your comment here since I do agree with your conclusion about CA's secrecy, but I find it hard to believe that they actually verify and approve information with that much scrutiny. How could mistakes like the Boris concept art being leaked months before he was announced, or the cut Khorne juggernaut chariot concept art having been left in the roster reveal, or the cut Tzeentch chaos warriors being left in those promo images, have happened if they truly do spend that much time confirming things before they release? To me it just feels more like some very slow and lazy individual(s) is/are in charge of confirming information drops. If they maintained secrecy and infrequency of communication, but it was actually accurate, that would be one thing. But we wait weeks or months for content just to receive blogposts full of spelling errors and other inaccuracies.
    Boris was "leaked" not by CA but by the independent artist posting her work over on ArtStation and the "leak" was visible for more than a few months without anyone spotting it since it was flat out tiny and required you not only find the ArtStation page but also be familiar with Boris tabletop design. I was the one who actually spotted him and posted about it, I had probably looked a dozen times at the page for the War Bear Riders before I recognised the tiny figure. CA either considered the image to be "safe" because Boris was hard to spot and had had the name removed or he was left as an Easter Egg to the fans.

The other two cases is probably down to CA not looking at the images like the hard core fans do, we look at and interpret every tiny detail while for CA the images are just work in progress and subject to change. And the art team was clearly playing around a lot with models when making promo images and videos, a number of units are visible that were not in the actual rosters. You had similar issues with CA posting bits of flavour text in the roster reveals that were interpreted as literal descriptions by the fans. Frankly CA is pretty bad at understanding how fans can and will react to visual content they release, you can just look at the various Boris Todbringer debacles during WH2's life cycle.

And also people gotta not confuse world building, you know, bring the world to life by referencing stuffs that isn't on the map, or is an event, to some kind of announcement, you know? That is certainly not the case.
    -Andy Hall, Principal Writer and Narrative Designer for Warhammer 3.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,167
    I swear if he's trying to hyping up a damn blood dlc. . .
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

• BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 443
    Its simple, they screwed game III. now SEGA higher ups want to ditch the project. CA wants to salvage the game prob.

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 10,667

did they clean house with their project managers or something? It seems like somewhere towards the end of TWW3 they just started **** up and have continued to make things worse and worse, like when you’re spinning your tires in the snow trying to gain traction but just turning it into ice.

Assuming there really, honestly isn’t anything for them to share with us then…wtf have they been doing? Lol

It really is weird, honestly.
    Glory matters not.

• 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 2,095
    edited April 21
    Beargod said:

Its simple, they screwed game III. now SEGA higher ups want to ditch the project. CA wants to salvage the game prob.

Here something from steamDB -

There are also QA_a and QA_b stuff before this. Normally this is 1-4 months before a patch/dlc. But we already Knew that because of Skulls thorne steam event ! So I do expect a patch for the event.

I'm not sure what this means ? Is it SEGA, is it GW, or is it CA(best case) doing a review of the game...
    Note: WH2 had review branche, but not External_review

And please don't get hyped this is most likely for the skulls event that we already know is coming up anyway. After today... I don't want to give anyone hope or hype!
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,823
    They've completely lost control of their messaging. For each post vaguely going "we got nothing sorry" they then have to make 3 or 4 clarifying that it, indeed, means there's nothing.

This idea of holding out info to announce all at once is ridiculous. The game is still bleeding players and apathy is settling in. I've largely moved on from the game until IE but if it takes 3-4 months after launch to even have news on that, how long is it going to take to release it? And then patch the bigger bugs that it's certain to have?

CA having a bad communications strategy is hardly new, the marketing for game 3 was also atrocious. But you'd think the poor launch would have forced them to change plans even a bit.

And finally, asking us to have faith after WH3's launch is beyond cheeky. Earn that faith by actually showing you've made some progress on the game two months after launch besides one patch and a mod page.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 4,010
    At this point, I'm just giving up hope until Skull Throne.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 2,095

At this point, I'm just giving up hope until Skull Throne.

Same here... I even think to quit the forum until I see the event pop-up in steam...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • SeetheSeethe Registered Users Posts: 256
    SerPus said:

And I remember people claiming that CA will pick up the pace the TWW3 content

I remember people (fanboys) telling me that "hey, if you want the AI ambush bug fixed in TWW2, just buy TWW3". Well, what now?
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,273
    Well, i will not wait for news anymore.
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

• VeetasVeetas Registered Users Posts: 22
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,442

For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,521

Neodeinos said:

Probably not the best thing to say when most of your community is angry.

At this point I am just going to start treating them the same way I treat most politicians: I'm going to assume you're lying to me, tone deaf, completely ignorant to the problems that are staring you in the face, and probably contemptuous of the fact that you have to bear me any mind.

My hope is that the people whose work really matters to my experience with this game, being the designers and such, are busy putting in real effort and spurning the PR aspect of this due to an excess of diligence and single-minded purpose. But that's just a hope.
    Not to sound cynical, but the entire concept behind marketing is to mislead and manipulate customers. Caution is always advisable, regardless of CA's failures and incompetence.
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,002
    This idea that they decided they categorically want to talk about EVERYTHING at the same time, but there are some things in the mix that are going to hold everything else back for and indeterminate amount of weeks or months, is either the worst planning imaginable or a straight up lie to hide the fact that the studio is in chaos and in reality there are very very few things they could muster some info or a deadline for even if they wanted to.

At this point I'm honestly done hoping to pry any useful info from CA's claws clutched in a death grip over the shambles of this game. Because they are not coming at a reasonable pace for what is acceptable from an AAA company trying to sell a product. See you all in 6 months when either a few more bugs will have been fixed, or CA will have run out of nonsensical excuses and will have openly dropped the ball entirely.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,521

KN_Gars said:

Rheingold said:

Regarding the Tzeentch blue warrior, it was added inentionally, in order to create an impression of variety for the marketing material. CA probably assumed that people would forget it, but the customers' attention was focused on it, because it was a very simple repaint job. Poor Arne thought that the model would actually get overhauled before the release. They might be added back (in a much better state) in a future DLC concerning the mortal aspect of the chaos clowns.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,037
    edited April 21
    I just don't get it any more, are they trying to kill the hype for there game, what are they doing? This is the weirdest way I have every seen a company try to please fans and sell there product.

There videos and posts seem too ridicule the games fan base and they reply to ppls complaints about game issues and no communication like its a joke they should just get over.

You'd think when you've just realeased a brand new game youd actually want to reach out to fans as much as possible and pull them in with exciting future talk, nah let's just go radio silent for another month, that will work just as well

Dear god, I'm done. I'll be back in a month or two to see if anythings happening at all

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,655
    Timpeyo said:

I just don't get it any more, are they trying to kill the hype for there game, what are they doing? This is the weirdest way I have every seen a company try to please fans and sell there product.

There videos and posts seem too ridicule the games fan base and they reply to ppls complaints about game issues and no communication like its a joke they should just get over.

You'd think when you've just realeased a brand new game youd actually want to reach out to fans as much as possible and pull them in with exciting future talk, nah let's just go radio silent for another month, that will work just as well

Dear god, I'm done. I'll be back in a month or two to see if anythings happening at all

While I agree with you I also feel the need to say this:

Oh please Mr. basic profile picture, don't leave! you are the most important user!
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 37,688
    Cool. Good to know.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• steam_164508038421m8MVFXBsteam_164508038421m8MVFXB Registered Users Posts: 18
    Slim chances I start buying anything more if wrath classic releases before anything meaningful in tw3
    kpease07 said:

Slim chances I start buying anything more if wrath classic releases before anything meaningful in tw3

A man of culture I see.
    Glory matters not.

Surge_2 said:

kpease07 said:

A man of culture I see.
    That reminds me of my childhood.

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

Surge_2 said:

kpease07 said:

A man of culture I see.
    That reminds me of my childhood.
    The classics are classics. ;)
    Glory matters not.

Well, i will not wait for news anymore.

There's always the next Tuesday Newsday to get excited about smile :).

Forum Terms & Conditions

This discussion has been closed.