Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I have learned that Warhammer 3 is possibly the perfect game to play when you have Covid.

2»

Comments

• ChoraChora Registered Users Posts: 871
    edited April 27
    PappyTron said:

Reeks said:

Am i the only person left in the world who have yet to contract Covid ?

And no before you become clever i am not a prepper that have stayed indoors for the last two years :D

Nope, I'm yet to catch it too.
    There’s a good chance you already had it and were just asymptomatic. I don’t know where you are but shortly after Christmas here in Canada, it seemed like every single person I knew, who bothered testing, had it.

Either way, I’m envious! It was miserable on my end
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,704
    Reeks said:

And no before you become clever i am not a prepper that have stayed indoors for the last two years :D

Can’t get if you live where there is none.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • drclaw_twdrclaw_tw Registered Users Posts: 289
    Surge_2 said:

drclaw_tw said:

Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

I have covid right now and the only symptoms is sore muscles when I'm trying to work out, guess I'm lucky.

Careful with that. Elevated heart rate isnt a good idea with Covid.
    You should modify your training based on severity of symptoms. The benefits of exercise generally outweigh the risks in such a situation, depending on how you are feeling. I'm not saying do the training you normally do, but perhaps some light activity. When I had it I just had a persistent cough and did some calisthenics at home when I usually lift at the gym, so I wouldn't be sedentary the whole two weeks. If you just have the sniffles you should still exercise, of course not if you are severely feverish and other bad symptoms.
    Risk to the heart is the thing. If I knew I had covid? I'd just chill.
    I just think exercise should be regulated based on how you are feeling. If you are vaxxed and not feeling that bad like I was and can tolerate some light exercise, no history of heart issues, the benefits of doing so would probably outweigh the risks of it. It would probably speed recovery so long as you can tolerate and feel OK during it. Of course do whatever you want but unless I'm crazily feverish I gotta train.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,704
    drclaw_tw said:

Surge_2 said:

drclaw_tw said:

Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

I have covid right now and the only symptoms is sore muscles when I'm trying to work out, guess I'm lucky.

You should modify your training based on severity of symptoms. The benefits of exercise generally outweigh the risks in such a situation, depending on how you are feeling. I'm not saying do the training you normally do, but perhaps some light activity. When I had it I just had a persistent cough and did some calisthenics at home when I usually lift at the gym, so I wouldn't be sedentary the whole two weeks. If you just have the sniffles you should still exercise, of course not if you are severely feverish and other bad symptoms.
    , the benefits of doing so would probably outweigh the risks of it..
    Benefit of doing so is almost nothing, resting for a few days when your sick is always better than not.
    But you do you.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,733
    drclaw_tw said:

Surge_2 said:

drclaw_tw said:

Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

I just think exercise should be regulated based on how you are feeling. If you are vaxxed and not feeling that bad like I was and can tolerate some light exercise, no history of heart issues, the benefits of doing so would probably outweigh the risks of it. It would probably speed recovery so long as you can tolerate and feel OK during it. Of course do whatever you want but unless I'm crazily feverish I gotta train.
    There is a reason people say rest when sick, rather than run out and exercise. And with COVID I can say there are often a lot of problems that are unseen till tests are ran and the like, like my cousin that ended up with liver damage randomly out of it. Not expecting everyone to have to be a couch potato but running out to dump stress onto a system that might already be stressed is not good as it can be a tipping point.

It sucks, just play it safe for the time.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,552
    Nyxilis said:

drclaw_tw said:

Surge_2 said:

drclaw_tw said:

Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

There is a reason people say rest when sick, rather than run out and exercise. And with COVID I can say there are often a lot of problems that are unseen till tests are ran and the like, like my cousin that ended up with liver damage randomly out of it. Not expecting everyone to have to be a couch potato but running out to dump stress onto a system that might already be stressed is not good as it can be a tipping point.

It sucks, just play it safe for the time.
    After seeing what happened to Khamzat Chimaev.... Yeah. I'd be very cautious about exercising with it active.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• yodayodayodayoda Registered Users Posts: 73
    Vildvarg said:

yodayoda said:

Amazing that you can even play a game with covid. I had it, and I was essentially dead in the bed. Couldn't really do anything except cough, run fever, and be miserable. I couldn't even sleep - like ZERO - for weeks. As soon as I'd nod off I'd snap back awake choking with my throat closed up.

Was one of the more miserable experiences in my life.

I had this for the first two days, then I was just mildly fatigued for two weeks. Oddly enough, I never lost smell or taste, I didn't have any breathing issues but I had the biggest headache of my life for those first two days.
    As many have said, people's experiences with this are all over the place. I've heard a lot of complaints of headaches. I had a bad case of covid, but I wouldn't say I had a headache in the normal sense. I had a headache typical of a sinus infection, with aches behind the eyes, aches up in the sinuses, etc.

I had a very slight metallic taste in my mouth the first day, and depending on what I ate, it had a slight burnt taste to it. But by the next day that phenomenon was gone. On the other hand, my brother and mother lost taste/smell and still haven't gotten it back, and it's been months.

I had a violent throat ache, and it would cycle between being so dry as sandpaper that I couldn't even swallow, and so thickly clogged with with very thick syrupy mucous that it put me in the hospital because when a plug of that mucous would ooze down my throat it would gum up the 'blowhole' or whatever that is in your throat, and holy hell... you want to talk about scary? I'd hit the floor on all fours trying to clear it, but couldn't. imagine sorghum or a thick sticky peanut butter gummed up in that blowhole. Swallowing wouldn't clear it, in fact that seemed to make it worse because the blowhole closes when you swallow, then it would be more gummed and wouldn't want to open back up. Water wouldn't clear it. Was time to call 911 and lay there turning blue hoping the ambulance came in time.

After it was all over it left me with a sleep apnea that I never had before covid. I'm guessing due to tissue damage, scarring, or swelling in my throat. I nod off, the throat closes up, I stop breathing, and I snap awake. So I've been on steroids ever since, and have had to learn to sleep sitting up which sucks (but at least in that position the throat doesn't try to close up when I relax). Finally, I coughed so much and so strongly that I tore loose some tissue from the retina in the back of one of my eyes, so now I have vision issues in one eye. Yay covid!
  • drclaw_twdrclaw_tw Registered Users Posts: 289

drclaw_tw said:

Surge_2 said:

drclaw_tw said:

Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

, the benefits of doing so would probably outweigh the risks of it..
    Benefit of doing so is almost nothing, resting for a few days when your sick is always better than not.
    But you do you.
    Saying there's no benefit to exercise even in the short-term is an interesting theory. I'm not saying don't rest while sick but it the inter-individual differences in symptoms shouldn't lead to blanket advice like "just don't exercise". Highly unlikely light exercise when sick is going to solely send you to the hospital.Most people don't train that hard, If all I have is a little coof and feel fine when exercising with COVID I don't see the downsides besides some incredibly small, non-zero probability of something happening. I think it is logical to say exercise if you can based on severity of symptoms, as exercise has acute physiological benefits even in the short-term. You don't want to overdo it of course. If you are asymptomatic I don't see why you would be concerned about some light exercise. Being sedentary for a few weeks is likely worse, especially if you are already obese, since they are more vulnerable to disease.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    edited April 27

Reeks said:

It is forum equivalent of an older brother with his life together. :D.
    Not sure what you mean mate!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,318
    Posts removed. Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

Bayes said:

yodayoda said:

Finally, I'd like to say, I don't know what people believe here, and I'm not trying to tell you what to believe (to each his own), but I'm firmly convinced it's a bioweapon that came out of a lab. And I really wish those who are responsible would be made to pay. But it's not like that's gonna happen.

If by bio weapon you mean concoction and by lab you mean couldron then Im all with you this has big papa nurgle written all over it.
    This will absolutely get closed if we get on that particular line of discussion. Just throwing that out there. Let's not as this is a somewhat fun thread.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,552
    Vildvarg said:

Reeks said:

You seem like an older brother with their stuff together. Intended as a compliment.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,941
    OmegaJak said:

I have learned that Warhammer 3 is possibly the perfect game to play when you have Covid.

Nurgle:

"Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
    edited April 28

Vildvarg said:

Reeks said:

You seem like an older brother with their stuff together. Intended as a compliment.
    Hahah probably more than I deserve, but thanks mate! You seem pretty damned put together yourself.
    Post edited by Grom_the_Paunch on
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 2,699