Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

DLC 1 = 4 champions

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,208

hmmm

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,013
    Hopefully 4 LLs, but could be referring to 4 Characters including both legendary and generic
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,803
    That a great improvement, they i am happy lordpack should be fatter anyway

• Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,659
    easily could be heroes included. CA know what a disaster WH3 is right now so anything that they can spin as exceeding expectations they will
    Theo91 said:

easily could be heroes included. CA know what a disaster WH3 is right now so anything that they can spin as exceeding expectations they will

I doubt

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,414
    Could be 4 Monogod 'Champions' duking it out with each other. Would make sense, also taking their limited mortal rosters in account.
  • roekkumroekkum Registered Users Posts: 422
    One champion for each Chaos god with mortal roster, since "champion".
    JungleElf said:

Could be 4 Monogod 'Champions' duking it out with each other. Would make sense, also taking their limited mortal rosters in account.

That would be cool, and would speed up getting to X-LPs too....
    edited April 29
    roekkum said:

Azazzel, Vilitch, Festus and Valkia.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,626
    Oh, it sounds like we are getting a free for all between the Chaos God's, neat, so we are getting a LP this year, but with 4 LL.

Now the question is, how many units will be present on it? I would assume that more LL means less units, heck, it may even be just a LL pack, without new units.

Also, 1 RoR for each race? they are saying 8, so that also includes Ogres and DoC and we are getting 3 of this RoR packs? Color me surprised, that doesn't look half bad, wonder if we will still get RoR in LPs.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,410
    edited April 29
    Calling it: 4 Monogod Mortal Legendary Lords coming with Chaos Warriors.

Valkia, Vilitch, Festus and Dechala.

• roekkumroekkum Registered Users Posts: 422
    JungleElf said:

roekkum said:

Azazzel, Vilitch, Festus and Valkia.
    I wouldn't mind any of these, but I myself am hung up on Tamurkhan, but possible he should be implemented at a later stage and with a proper rivalry (a 1 vs 1 DLC, possible with the Empire). I also like Egrimm best for Tzeentch. Maybe because I'm OG. A point is that both of these is characterized as "champions".

Oh, it sounds like we are getting a free for all between the Chaos God's, neat, so we are getting a LP this year, but with 4 LL.

Now the question is, how many units will be present on it? I would assume that more LL means less units, heck, it may even be just a LL pack, without new units.

Also, 1 RoR for each race? they are saying 8, so that also includes Ogres and DoC and we are getting 3 of this RoR packs? Color me surprised, that doesn't look half bad, wonder if we will still get RoR in LPs.

that would be the worse out come, honestly the mono gods roster need units but i believe they are more expensive so they can fit units, i mean they have now four months to create it..

Djau said:

I really hope this is the case, but remember they didn't explicitly say 4 LLs, so "champions" could include generic characters.
    Djau said:

Or the most logical option, being 1 LL for each of the 4 god's, you know, the actual core races of WH3, WoC getting a rework means zilch, VC and Dwarfs will tell you the same.
    - Anonymous
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,373

Yea i wouldn't set myself up for (futher) disappointment. The fact they specifically refer to them as "Characters" and not "Legendary Lords" (like they always do) is quite telling. The Twisted and the Twilight has 4 characters.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,965
    2 dlc lords, 1 flc lord, 1 total war access lord.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,167
    Welp, this is actually a really awesome news if true.

Hopefully this is gonna be the situation for every future Lord Pack. 4 LLs!
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

edited April 29

Yea i wouldn't set myself up for (futher) disappointment. The fact they specifically refer to them as "Characters" and not "Legendary Lords" (like they always do) is quite telling. The Twisted and the Twilight has 4 characters.
    They use the word 'Champion' this time.

It would make a lot of sense, theme-wise.

It's 4 champions, without any other adjective given, they are on equal ground as far as we know, no reason to believe they will be 2 LL and 2 LH, could be, but I doubt it.
    - Anonymous

Djau said:

Or the most logical option, being 1 LL for each of the 4 god's, you know, the actual core races of WH3, WoC getting a rework means zilch, VC and Dwarfs will tell you the same.
    I mean for the Monogods along with Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh.

JungleElf said:

It wouldn't make sense to leave that ambiguous.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,578
    Ooo, time for hype!
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

Djau said:

JungleElf said:

Yeah, definitely 4 LL's.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,373

It's 4 champions, without any other adjective given, they are on equal ground as far as we know, no reason to believe they will be 2 LL and 2 LH, could be, but I doubt it.
    Yea true. Don't get me wrong, i obviously hope its 4 for each god!
  • lcmiraclelcmiracle Registered Users Posts: 707
    Considering it "coincides" with WoC rework, yeah, not gonna be too surprised if units from the lord packs gets used in the WoC rework. And as they are probably mortal champions, generic marked lords and units would be naturally transferred to WoC roster as well.

I'm just really surprised it's called Old World Update I: Warriors of Chaos instead of Old World Update I: Warriors of Chaos I as it implies they'd get it right the first time...
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,385
    That reminds me of hypothetical "campaign pack-sized LP for WoC" which was discussed before TWW3 announcement. Intresting.
  • manuelpsmanuelps Registered Users Posts: 2,813
    JungleElf said:

Djau said:

JungleElf said:

Yeah, definitely 4 LL's.
    That would be the saving grace of this roadmap, because if not... at this point I'm closer to not care at all rather than disappointed.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,885
    Our first DLC pack also releases alongside Update 2.0. Lord Packs introduce several new Legendary Lords, Lords, Heroes, and a variety of units to deploy across the Grand Campaign and multiplayer settings. Watch out for more information—including more about the four Champions joining the roster—as we get closer to its release.

Assuming that means 4 Lls in a rival DLC, the question is how they manage it.
    I liked the TWW2 DLCs with their story about X going against Y in a DLC. Since the game#3 campaign apparenlty is...not that good, and the copy&paste use of the ending+epilogue is imo atrocious, that could end badly for dropping 4 LLs into a single rival DLC.
    It also could mean a cut back on other content which usually came along. So less units for example. Their new shifiting for FLC RoR would fit into the assumption that cuts might be made. Or, there will be no cuts and each LL might get the same amount of stuff we are used too from prior rival DLCs. But with 4 guys now, the pricing might certainly increase. Probably something most of us could live with as long as the quality still works out.

Maybe the "four champion" DLC will also just be a new type, directly tailored only to Chaos.Like either making one LL for each god and each LL will tag along a new hero and maybe one new troop. Or we might see a variety mix of BoC, DoC, WoC, Norsca and the four god races. Like Vilitch and Festus, with Harry the Hammer and Moonclaw. And the added troops for each, could end up being reskinned stuff. Like Vilitch gets blue Chaos Warriors, Festus gets green Chaos Warriors. Moonclaw might bring Tzaangors with him, who also end up in Tzeentchs roster.

Time will tell how this "new" DLC format might play out.

-----Red Dox
    manpersal said:

JungleElf said:

Djau said:

JungleElf said:

Yeah, definitely 4 LL's.
    That would be the saving grace of this roadmap, because if not... at this point I'm closer to not care at all rather than disappointed.
    That is the initial reaction I found, however that depends on 3.0 surely, as that suggests a DLC (like the 2.0 update), which would likely be Chaos Dwarfs.

If we do get 3.0 this year (and if we don't it would likely be early next year), then we are basically getting the same speed of releases on average to WH2, which in its first year also got ME, 1 CP and 1 LP. Bear in mind the LP may (possibly, but not definitely) be double sized, in which case by the end of the year we would have had the equivalent to getting to P&W with WH2, which took almost 1.5 years.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,144
    They say "Champion". Could be one new LL for each Chaos God?