Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

No Immortal Empires till at least 4th quarter are you kidding me?

Coldone666Coldone666 Registered Users Posts: 762
Will anyone even still be playing by then?

'They have had 4 years and the game is still basically early access.

Comments

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 5,811
    Kids these days have no patience.
    Would you prefer it come out more broken than wh3?
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,401
    They said beta would be out Q3.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 10,488

Yeah. Next Tuesday.
    Glory matters not.

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 5,811
    Surge_2 said:

Yeah. Next Tuesday.
    I would too, bugs don’t bother me.
    But it was never going to release soon.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • bli-nkbli-nk Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,842
    edited April 29
    CA said way back in early days of WH2 that porting 2 games content into the 3rd game was going to take months.

After the Norsca fiasco I translated months = 6+ months and so its a couple months more... as of now. I really wouldn't be surprised that the completed IE non-beta isn't released until December 2022. I expect CA to make a big push to have it out before the Christmas holidays at the latest.

People got their expectations up and CA did not want to dash them fearing it might affect sales if they clearly stated IE would not be ready several months after launch.

80% of the code between the games might be shared but that 20% = hundreds of thousands of lines of code threaded thru multiple parts of the game.

I just hope the DLC team has someone with a checklist of bugs from WH1 and WH2 that they will fix before IE is fully released. New bugs I have more patience for but bugs that have existed in multiple iterations are really annoying.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain
  • AJH1987AJH1987 Registered Users Posts: 216
    The game simply shouldn't have been released in it's current condition. They should've introduced Ogres into TWII (given they were pre-purchase anyway like Norsca) and actually released this several months down the line. IE potentially 9 months after release is just ridiculous. People are going to stop playing, and once they do, it's hard to win people back. Disastrous.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 3,915

I'm already not. But I will again when it comes.

I'm already not. But I will again when it comes.
    I honestly really doubt I will. I'm giving it 20% odds right now. I really wanted it in May, June at the latest.

Sad times.
    Glory matters not.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 37,463
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - The descendant of Guanyin

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector,

• DesignDragonDesignDragon Registered Users Posts: 111

Surge_2 said:

Yeah. Next Tuesday.
    You guys seem to be under the false impression that the only thing that will get fixed is bugs.

The real question is do you want immortal empires next Tuesday in a state that is so boring and bad that you abandon it in a week or do you want a game mode you can enjoy for years? Choose carefully
    The Beta is. Are all players even allowed to play the beta? Or only some?
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 7,386

Beta's for Total Warhammer patches are open to players. You have to opt into it usually through Steams functions.
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    edited April 30

Betas in the past have been opt-in patches you can download from steam. The last two betas were the alt-tab crash that made it in patch 1.1, and the Cavalry Beta which essentially just made it into the game as it was.

Effectively the beta will be the full IE experience, except CA can excuse whatever bugs or small inconsistencies there are to it being a beta. For all intents and purposes it will probably just be IE though.
    Nyxilis said:

Beta's for Total Warhammer patches are open to players. You have to opt into it usually through Steams functions.

I'm sure I'll wait for the full release, but that's cool.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 37,463

It's been answered.

I just don't think it's honest to say 4th quarter when it's available on the 3rd. Assuming it's in a rough but enjoyable condition.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - The descendant of Guanyin

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector,

The real question is do you want immortal empires next Tuesday in a state that is so boring and bad that you abandon it in a week or do you want a game mode you can enjoy for years? Choose carefully

I'll take the "boring" version now. They can patch in the enjoyment later.

Surge_2 said:

Yeah. Next Tuesday.
    You guys seem to be under the false impression that the only thing that will get fixed is bugs.

Why would we have to choose, when they clearly are in a 'just keep iterating on it, let the players test' mode?

Release it now, we test. They update.

That certainly seems to be the method CA has chosen.

You want to keep players engaged? Release content. You want to keep the player count under 10K and shrinking?

Keep doing what you are doing. Its working great.
    Glory matters not.

• destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,313
    edited April 30
    Everyone defending this knows the player base is dying rapidly right.

If turins post wasn't in my YouTube feed I would have forgot the game exists.

I got busy with other stuff and warhammer has been off my mind since two weeks after release.

How many people like me do you think there are that arent subbed to warhammer channels and forums. This oopsie was HUGE. And the way they're fixing it is more oopsie.

I literally don't see this coming back. Its over imho
  • kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 853
    You want a buggy mess?
    Immortal empires is a massive campaign map... If they need more time of work then its fine.
    The more time they working on it means better start for ie
  • LegendaryArticunoLegendaryArticuno Registered Users Posts: 501
    kufaree said:

You want a buggy mess?
    Immortal empires is a massive campaign map... If they need more time of work then its fine.
    The more time they working on it means better start for ie

I think the roadmap is proof enough that more time does not equal higher quality for CA.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 35,057
    They should take their time with IE. Now I at least know that I don’t have to wait for IE to play certain races and LLs.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Coldone666Coldone666 Registered Users Posts: 762
    4 years is taking there time, by the time it's out that will be 5 years lol.