Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II out on Epic Games Store!

Comments

• OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 9,406
    So excited to see that you've been investing time into the epic game store /s
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,450
    I asked myself if WH2 cross platform integration was the bottleneck and the reason why they couldn't share the roadmap yet. Maybe it was a technical challange and as long as they didn't know if it works they wouldn't share a roadmap because the release of IE was depending on the availability of the trilogy in EGS
    Sigmar protect us all...

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,691
    Red_Dox said:

Red_Dox said:

What is Total war warhammer 2?

So, they did exactly the same with WH2? Looks like the shock and horror was a little far fetched.
    If you mean the heavy disagree rate on the other topic and the general rants about that, you miss the point of the video coming like 2 months late
    (TWW 2 release Septermber 28; "What is Warhammer 2" October 4)
    and showing up through a serious news drought were CA was in radio silence mode while everyone wanted info about a friggin blood dlc, (I)ME, the missing roadmap that was promised or general infos about the next patch. Dropping that video then, was a tone deaf move borderlining on trolling the customers.

Ironicly they hushed that topic now away, while the Ian Roxburgh one which also is closed and way older, still is pinned. Selective cleaning? Shame, since we were close to the 200 disagree milestone.

------Red Dox
    If you feel the need to get overly excited about it then that's fine but I simply can't. They sorted out the first major update before releasing what essentially is a post release advert. There are bigger things to get excited about, if you already own the game then it's simply not targeted at you.
    Apparently the outrage in this forum and on other platforms like reddit around that video showcase that you are in a minority if you feel dropping that video then was totally fine. Since I just explained to you the massive picture you apparently are not seeing, and you seemingly still don't understand, this current conversation looks rather as a "your safespace" problem, and not really about me getting excited.

And for the record, I do not own the game. So yes, that video might have been targeted for me. I can still see the big picture here and not be happy with how CA worked its "magic" in that situation ;)
    So, good day to you.

-----Red Dox
    Out of the 100s of 1000s of owners I can tell you I'm not in a minority about people getting overly upset about a pre release advert. But like I say, to all of you who feel the need, I salute you for having such a stress free life these things do play on your mind.
  • StoreslemStoreslem Registered Users Posts: 756
    Again empty news
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 767
    Hey @CA_Duck was chat in W2 removed to comply with the EPIC store launch? Are there plans to add it back in?
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 2,086

Hey @CA_Duck was chat in W2 removed to comply with the EPIC store launch? Are there plans to add it back in?

Since CA probably won't answer you on this I will say yes this was indeed done to pander to the Epic store and the laws under which it operates and no it will not be added back in.

You can quote me on this.
    Here a conspiracy theory - what if the roadmap was waiting for WH2 to be approved on Epic - so they can put IE on the roadmap and launch it on all platforms...

And yeaaa I wrote in page 1 - I disagreed with OP because I don't like epic store - Epic store begin anti-consumer (while their PR is aways pro-consumer) is one of the reasons that i didn't want to list.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,775
    edited April 28
    Lol you removed chat and added adds?

Just how desperate are you?
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,612
    Ah, sad, they're helping that unscrupulous calamity of a business make money.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,296
    edited April 28

This looks bad, intrusive and unnecessary. There are ads on the launcher already, you didn't need to add that to the game menu. Now the amazing background your artists have worked on are ruined.

• einfachnurfabeinfachnurfab Registered Users Posts: 23
    installed the latest patch or whatever it was today, and ALL multiplayer save games from warhammer ii are gone, or to be more correct, dont appear in the list anymore. we can only load or select save games from after the patch. like 20 hours worth a multiplayer campaign gone... nice thanks

i payed freaking 60 bugs for the boring early access mess you call wh3, and now our wh2 campaign we played while waiting for the game to get finished is just gone? simply amazing
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 2,086
    edited April 28
    Neodeinos said:

This looks bad, intrusive and unnecessary. There are ads on the launcher already, you didn't need to add that to the game menu. Now the amazing background your artists have worked on are ruined.

Totally agree with you ! I want to give you 10 agree !
    The launcher already has 2 ! Yea 2 ADS for WH3.

And here another example for the main menu...

I guess WH3 just needs more ads ?!
    CA what is happening, do you really need those sales that much ? If you do maybe just fix the game...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • LegendaryArticunoLegendaryArticuno Registered Users Posts: 501
    edited April 29

Since CA probably won't answer you on this I will say yes this was indeed done to pander to the Epic store and the laws under which it operates and no it will not be added back in.

Nah this is clearly misinformation, the decision to remove to chat was solely made by CA. You're trying to shift the blame off of CA.

Steam, Microsoft, Epic all operate in the same markets and there's plenty of Epic games that have built in online chat, Fortnite being one of them.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,276

Nah this is clearly misinformation, the decision to remove to chat was solely made by CA. You're trying to shift the blame off of CA.

Steam, Microsoft, Epic all operate in the same markets and there's plenty of Epic games that have built in online chat, Fortnite being one of them.
    I mean there was a statement from CA saying that chat wasn't in Warhammer 3 because they were implementing a filter so maaaaybe just maaaybe they are doing the same thing with Warhammer 2 ?
  • BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 4,363
  • alpharender33alpharender33 Registered Users Posts: 363

I mean there was a statement from CA saying that chat wasn't in Warhammer 3 because they were implementing a filter so maaaaybe just maaaybe they are doing the same thing with Warhammer 2 ?
    They removed Chat from Shogun 2 and never added it back. WH2 will never get it back. Buy WH3 for talking with your friends!!! :-1:
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,649
    1v0 said:

Neodeinos said:

CA what is happening, do you really need those sales that much ? If you do maybe just fix the game...
    doesnt this go away after you claim it?
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• Bmnoble981Bmnoble981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,285

1v0 said:

Neodeinos said:

doesnt this go away after you claim it?
    It does but this was something we all did in the past not long after we got game 2, to get all the extra stuff from total war access, don't see why it suddenly needed us complete are registration again when we already have everything because we were already registered.
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,359
    So, my guess is that the chat function needs to be reworked for several reasons:

- It needs to allow chatting between several platforms (Epic, Steam, Xbox game pass).
    - There needs to be a decision on who is receiving reports regarding any inappropriate behavior via chat.
    - They may wish to add different functions for it, which implies taking it down for the moment while those are not ready yet.

I would like some confirmation from the company, though, we might receive something with the roadmap, let's see.

It is a major endeavor if they are going cross-platform too, guys. It will cause these sorts of issues in the meantime, but trust the end result, I say.

@CA_Pingu, @CA_Duck can we receive some information about this? Thanks.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • lukasz3428lukasz3428 WarsawRegistered Users Posts: 1
    that's cool, but why so late?
  • mm3791mm3791 Registered Users Posts: 177
    Is it discounted?
  • Rubz2293Rubz2293 Registered Users Posts: 577
    edited April 30
    This is some scummy **** CA.

I booted Warhammer1and saw you added ads for your broken game3 there too. So not content with your failures in game 3 you decide to butcher game1 and 2 menu's with your **** advertising when there's already space for that on the launcher.

Now you gut the chat function in Warhammer2 with a patch, did you atleast fix the AI ambush bug too - SOMETHING PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANTED AND HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR MONTHS?

Probably not I guess, since you "patched" Shogun2 after a decade to gut the "Ashigaru sex chat" channel. You could have fixed some bugs that have been known for a decade,yet you did nothing! You only do whatever you fancy,no care for what your customers have been asking for after a literal decade. You didn't even have respect for what was your most highly regarded title before Warhammer2.
  • mm3791mm3791 Registered Users Posts: 177
    can epic play with steam players on multiplayer?
  • NethoDuran0NethoDuran0 Registered Users Posts: 35
    at least put the achievements of these games on Epic?

• MasterSayo01MasterSayo01 Registered Users Posts: 661
    mm3791 said:

can epic play with steam players on multiplayer?

There was a patch for Warhammer 2 in the Steam platform, but I think that this is for multiplayer. :*

Because the gamers who buy it at the Epic store can also play with a gamer who has buy it at the Steam platform and vice versa. ;)

This was also when the 1st game of Warhammer was released at the Epic store (platform). :o
    So, in the Steam platform for Warhammer (1) was also a patch. :)
    For the Empire Reikland! Long live Emperor Karl Franz!

• RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,932
  • TotalPeacecraftTotalPeacecraft Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 286
    edited May 1
    I find it quite annoying that we get an update (usually happens automatically by default Steam settings) but no information on what and why was something changed/added/removed. -_-
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,002

I find it quite annoying that we get an update (usually happens automatically by default Steam settings) but no information on what and why was something changed/added/removed. -_-

• Multiplayer chat was removed
    • You can now play with people who own the game on the Epic Game Store (all 5 of them)
    • There are new ads for WH3 in the main menu
    • Steam won't recognize anymore that you own any FLC or DLC for the game if for whatever reason you IP-blocked the Epic Game Store
    • If you had a multiplayer campaign started before the update, you can't continue it
    These are the patch notes. Guess why CA didn't want to post them.
  • TotalPeacecraftTotalPeacecraft Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 286

• Multiplayer chat was removed
    • You can now play with people who own the game on the Epic Game Store (all 5 of them)
    • There are new ads for WH3 in the main menu
    • Steam won't recognize anymore that you own any FLC or DLC for the game if for whatever reason you IP-blocked the Epic Game Store
    • If you had a multiplayer campaign started before the update, you can't continue it
    These are the patch notes. Guess why CA didn't want to post them.
    And they also added a Games Workshop logo to the starting screen when you start up the game. :d
    But yeah, pretty much pointless and annoying. I hope we get the chat back in June and the damn ads removed from ingame menu asap! :angry:
  • bobthe4thbobthe4th Registered Users Posts: 75
    1v0 said:

Neodeinos said:

Just started a new TW2 campaign and these ads are irrationally **** me off! Ugly, large, covering the awesome main menu artwork, and you can't even minimise them.

Hopefully someone will create a mod to remove them.
  • AspectWarriorAspectWarrior Registered Users Posts: 35
    The Skaven Chieftain DLC is still missing on Epic Game Store, is there any news on when it will be added? If Epic never get it in TW2, does that mean the unit will never be available in TW3 immortal empires?