Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Not going to lie, I’m concerned about the game’s longevity.

1235»

Comments

• TorakTorak Registered Users Posts: 814
    I won't be surprised if the game dies but at this point all I care about is immortal empires & a nagash dlc. I haven't even bought the game & won't until those are in besides I'll have god of war ragnarok and the many ttrpgs I play to keep me entertained
    Team skaven
  • OmegaDestroyerOmegaDestroyer Registered Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2
    I find it harder and harder to remain optimistic about the game (which is already a feat given what a natural pessimist I am). I am not one to believe developers owe us anything other than the base game. But when you tease future content and plans, then provide a bare-bones road map of the future, that doesn't include a faction DLC, it doesn't instill a lot of confidence. At least their is a lord pack DLC but will that be enough to save the game? I doubt it.

At this point, I don't even know if CA will bother releasing the Chaos Dwarfs or not. I wouldn't be surprised if they chalked WH3 as a failure, blamed the players, cut their losses, and moved on to something else.

• PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 573
    @OmegaDestroyer - There is DLC slated for Q3 and that is detailed on the roadmap. It’s the Lord Pack with “four Champions”, that’s also coming along in tandem with IE and the WoC rework. Also Q4 is intentionally vague and it’s possible we may see another DLC before the year is up.
  • OmegaDestroyerOmegaDestroyer Registered Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2

@OmegaDestroyer - There is DLC slated for Q3 and that is detailed on the roadmap. It’s the Lord Pack with “four Champions”, that’s also coming along in tandem with IE and the WoC rework. Also Q4 is intentionally vague and it’s possible we may see another DLC before the year is up.

I saw that. I edited my post to reflect my inaccurate statement.

I think they need to move very fast to staunch the bleeding. Players are bored, angry, or otherwise unsatisfied, and have started leaving. Content creators are experiencing drops in numbers. If interest isn't rekindled, WH3 will end just as disappointingly as the Old World did in the End Times.
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 573

I saw that. I edited my post to reflect my inaccurate statement.

I think they need to move very fast to staunch the bleeding. Players are bored, angry, or otherwise unsatisfied, and have started leaving. Content creators are experiencing drops in numbers. If interest isn't rekindled, WH3 will end just as disappointingly as the Old World did in the End Times.
    Players are mostly just migrating to WH2, it’s not like they’re leaving Total War forever. Interest will primarily be rekindled by IE, not DLC. That’s the feature most seem to want around these parts.

We’ve already got voice lines for Chaos Dwarfs. They are coming either Q4 of 2022 or Q1 of 2023.

3Kingdoms got 2 years of DLC, and those DLC didn’t sell well. I can’t see even a pessimist thinking we’ll get much less.
  • Herr_ArnulfeHerr_Arnulfe Registered Users Posts: 898

Realms of Chaos I doubt will get meaningful changes, but who knows?

It's possible that CA knew the Ursun campaign was a bit gimmicky, but decided it was necessary to introduce the basic concept of the RoC to players who are unfamiliar with WFB, before adapting it to IE. There's been confusion even among casual WH fans on these forums between the Chaos Wastes and the Realms of Chaos.

Incidentally, I also wondered if CA had plans for a new Vortex mechanic in ME, because they kept that distracting animation hovering over Ulthuan. Perhaps they realized it wouldn't make sense to properly flesh out global magical physics until the Realms of Chaos had been added.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,421
    I'll say this... with Chaos Dwarfs not even on the roadmap now, and CA revising their DLC structure; my hopes for a DoW campaign pack have crumbled.