Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

RoRs to the Rescue

endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,171
Let's have some previews of the new RoR units!

Comments

• OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 8,403
    RORS TO THE RESCUE

Token BS to stave off the Angry Masses.
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 577
    No real point in previews if they’ll be here in a couple weeks. If anything people will complain about the previews
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    The ideal is they'd be the cooler more creative RoRs like Solder Guards, Raven Heralds, Black Lions, etc. that are practically new units.

But knowing CAs development team, it's far more likely just regular ole recolours with slightly better stats or a token ability like immune to psychology or frenzy
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    edited May 6
    OdTengri said:

RORS TO THE RESCUE

Yeap...

If it was more than 1 RoR I would say the same as OP... but 1 RoR per Race per patch Dripfeed (3 RoRs per race this year :D )...
    Nop this is just a long term "sorry" and "we are working, here look at the RoR !"

I know it will be 6-7 (maybe 8 with ogres) per patch. Sounds good on paper, but then you will play the game and realize its ONE RoR per race... you won't really feel a difference.

And I shall bring another point ! DLC races normally launch with RoRs (tomb kings), Ogres got no RoRs...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • MeiBayettaMeiBayetta Registered Users Posts: 39
    Cathay have this really awesome Summon of Celestial Guard that have magic attack on the campaign. I hope those are included for MP. Since that would Cathay some much needed magical damage on a anti large unit.
    edited May 6
    To be fair, I like introducing RoRs for every race at once for free as opposed to have them come for certain races in bursts.

By the year end having 8 races with 3 RoRs will feel a lot better than having 6 races with 5 a piece or something. Assuming of course the LP doesn’t add additional RoRs for the chaos factions that is.

It feels underwhelming in the moment, but in the long haul is better for the game.
  • Beytran70Beytran70 Registered Users Posts: 199

To be fair, I like introducing RoRs for every race at once for free as opposed to have them come for certain races in bursts.

By the year end having 8 races with 3 RoRs will feel a lot better than having 6 races with 5 a piece or something. Assuming of course the LP doesn’t add additional RoRs for the chaos factions that is.

It feels underwhelming in the moment, but in the long haul is better for the game.

This is where I'm at. I would love if the slow drip feed also meant the RoRs were more unique and just not recolors, but I doubt that'll be the case.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,581
    They're RoRs. They're nice but nothing special.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    They really need to change RoR in campaign as currently their only purpose is to exist as a panic button due to their instant-recruit nature.

You just leave all RoRs in reserve, and not matter where you are in the world, if any settlement however isolated is threatened, you can just hire a Lord there and fill him up with an instant doomstack

They really need to change RoR in campaign as currently their only purpose is to exist as a panic button due to their instant-recruit nature.

You just leave all RoRs in reserve, and not matter where you are in the world, if any settlement however isolated is threatened, you can just hire a Lord there and fill him up with an instant doomstack

That’s certainly one way to use RoRs. I usually recruit them right away for my armies replacing a weaker unit.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,803
    1v0 said:

OdTengri said:

RORS TO THE RESCUE

Yeap...

If it was more than 1 RoR I would say the same as OP... but 1 RoR per Race per patch Dripfeed (3 RoRs per race this year :D )...
    Nop this is just a long term "sorry" and "we are working, here look at the RoR !"

I know it will be 6-7 (maybe 8 with ogres) per patch. Sounds good on paper, but then you will play the game and realize its ONE RoR per race... you won't really feel a difference.

And I shall bring another point ! DLC races normally launch with RoRs (tomb kings), Ogres got no RoRs...
    No preorder race launched with RoR. Not Chaos or Norsca. They only have come in game 2 with campaign packs. Game 1 didn’t have them with Beastmen or Wood elves right? I think they came later. So only 2 races have come with RoR. That being said, future ones better hame them.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,446
    Just adding an unbreakable ice guard isn’t going to inspire me to start playing again.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 8,403

1v0 said:

OdTengri said:

RORS TO THE RESCUE

Yeap...

No preorder race launched with RoR. Not Chaos or Norsca. They only have come in game 2 with campaign packs. Game 1 didn’t have them with Beastmen or Wood elves right? I think they came later. So only 2 races have come with RoR. That being said, future ones better hame them.
    Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen and Wood Elves got several as FLC. Norsca I think came with their DLC.
  • steam_1643251307049KZIL8zsteam_1643251307049KZIL8z Registered Users Posts: 28
    Alright let’s not be absurd and complain about one of the better ideas they’ve had since launch.

All game 3 cores having at least 3 RoR come end of 2022 sounds much better to me than when the Lizardmen and Skaven had to wait TWENTY MONTHS after launch to get their first sets. September ‘17 to May ‘19 with the prophet and the warlock. Just some perspective.

I find the RoR drip feed as FLC with patches, accompanied occasionally by more interesting ones in dlc to be a much better solution over time.
    - clack -
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,569

Cathay have this really awesome Summon of Celestial Guard that have magic attack on the campaign. I hope those are included for MP. Since that would Cathay some much needed magical damage on a anti large unit.

The lore of Yin has the exact same summon so they already have it in MP. They also have Might of Heaven and Earth on Yang which adds magic attacks to any unit, although that spell is a bit pricey.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that Her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    Anything with missiles
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    edited May 6
    Rors wont rescue anything, but IE + what might be a pretty juicy dlc probably will.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,092

The ideal is they'd be the cooler more creative RoRs like Solder Guards, Raven Heralds, Black Lions, etc. that are practically new units.

But knowing CAs development team, it's far more likely just regular ole recolours with slightly better stats or a token ability like immune to psychology or frenzy

Even Raven Heralds were technically a kitbash of something modders could already do? E.g. see SFO having units like that. But the role was unique ofc.

I doubt that they would add just basic recolours with token for these as they only launch 1 at a time or at the very least, that would be INCREDIBLY ill advised.

I would expect them to go over the weaknesses of each faction e.g. Nurgle Lacking anti-large and giving them a tool for mend the most blatant of issues in their roster for multiplayer at the very least.

Or some mix of stuff thats not there or can be a hint of things to come.

Since they severely stepped up their FLC game in game 2 over the years (Greenskin overhaul waaagh-units such as Lava-spider or the suicide squig, Imrik with his named dragons, ailith anar), I would be REALLY surprised if these RoR are done lazily.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,426
    I'm hopeful that as it's merely one per race - they get more inventive with them.

Raven Heralds or black lions for every faction would actually be *something*.
  • crawnecrawne Registered Users Posts: 2
    Reskinned units with some nice stats. They're nice, but trivial.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,155
    only 1 per race? oh **** , it's pretty irrelevant.

I espect to seeing exalted bloodletters with more armor and MD.

• IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,197
    Won't complain about it but 1 RoR won't make me replay a campaign. Over time though, as they plan to release a few sets of these, they'll be nice to have.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
    xDEMOSx said:

The idea of why for this was aimed towards Multiplayer as the RoR only being added via Lord Packs caused MP imbalances for any faction that recently gotten a lord pack.

But the Lord packs, from what I understand, still get their related RoR?
    edited May 6

xDEMOSx said:

The idea of why for this was aimed towards Multiplayer as the RoR only being added via Lord Packs caused MP imbalances for any faction that recently gotten a lord pack.

Yeap LP will still get extra RoRs Here what it's said in the roadmap:

"While Regiments of Renown will continue to be added alongside our paid DLCs in the future, our first few updates will include a free set of new Regiment of Renown units for EACH of the game’s core races."

Now I have also noticed something else "our first few updates will include a free set of new Regiment of Renown"
    So maybe only the first updates will add free RoRs (as an "Sorry").
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
  • drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 1,038
    As if RORs will fix the game. Yeah, right.

Doesn’t seem like anyone here said that 😂
    1v0 said:

xDEMOSx said:

"While Regiments of Renown will continue to be added alongside our paid DLCs in the future, our first few updates will include a free set of new Regiment of Renown units for EACH of the game’s core races."

Now I have also noticed something else "our first few updates will include a free set of new Regiment of Renown"
    No, there are 3 sets of free ROR for this year on the roadmap. There are RoR 1, 2 and 3. One for earch Quarter.

1v0 said:

xDEMOSx said:

No, there are 3 sets of free ROR for this year on the roadmap. There are RoR 1, 2 and 3. One for earch Quarter.
    What I meant is after the first 3 free RoRs.
    I agree - "our first few updates" - 3 (as on the roadmap) But I would not expect more than 3 (5 if we are lucky) Free RoRs per races.
  • drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 1,038

Will that small compensation fix broken multiplayer? broken campaign? missing chat feature? 40% negative reviews?? I don't think so...

Will that small compensation fix broken multiplayer? broken campaign? missing chat feature? 40% negative reviews?? I don't think so...
    I also don’t see anyone here saying that.