Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mac version shows new regions for WH3 map

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,208
edited May 5 in General Discussion

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• K3KevilinioK3Kevilinio Registered Users Posts: 396
    Feral you little lovely hope bringing fox. I am surprised indeed. And hopes are good that this map will expand to Cathay east. :)
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,208

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,885
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,412
    COME ON ALBION.

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,737
    They've long been able to do this particular bit. Interestingly sometimes it seems like they didn't design the main maps for all three with 'expansions' in the mind set. The walk room. I expect more changes. A lot more as DLC starts walking this way.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    edited May 5
    Thats good - I was thinking to make a topic that talks about useless places on WH3 (race for the souls) map - There are alot of places that... how do i say it... are just useless. I will leave an example below.

I might still make that topic - but gotta redownload WH3 first... so maybe after 1.2 :D .

Anyway the point is - there are many places on the map that are just empty ! The example above - you won't go there... you will just NEVER go there what so ever... atleast put a settlement or something. So this is really good !
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 8,408
    Bies said:

Looks like further proof that they sent out an incomplete product. I bet those where always intended provinces in the game and they just had to cut their development to make release.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,498
    It's curious we're seeing that map now when the first content release is so far away.

• PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 577
    OdTengri said:

Bies said:

Looks like further proof that they sent out an incomplete product. I bet those where always intended provinces in the game and they just had to cut their development to make release.
    I mean most likely they’re start locations for future campaigns or relevant points of interest, but not for content we currently have access to. It makes no difference if they were in or not?
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,641
    edited May 5
    They're interesting changes to the map. Marienburg is a bit expanded and Albion is there now.

Might have something to do with the first lordpack.

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,706
    High Elf sea lord please.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • ShermanSherman Member Registered Users Posts: 937

- Albion
    - Marches of Couronne
    - Northen Wasteland - Redesign of Witchwood
    - Middle Mountains

Interesting
    edited May 5
    Funny how close albion is now to the mainland (its still better than nothing so I don't mind). it looks wierd...

Here something crazy ,don't get your hopes up its just a crazy guessing !
    This will most likely be out on PC with next patch 1.2 (and skulls event). What if the skulls event adds a FLC LL to khorne(or another race) for example - and the start position is brass keep (the new province Middle mountains). it makes sense... but.... i don't expect anything big for the event... "hope is the first step to disappointment".
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,803
    Isn’t Tamurkhan related to Albion?
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,112
    Red_Dox said:

Keynote here: No change to the map border. Just changes within.

-----Red Dox

Make sense for now, theres empty regions above Nkari start for example, i doubt we will see any map expansion(If something like that could ever happen) before those empty spaces get something, BTW the region above Nkari is Naggarond
    We Live in a Society.

edited May 6
    Here a side by side with the original map for those that want to compare them:

(right click + open new tab for fullscreen).

There are also more "woods?" and stuff ?
  • MeiBayettaMeiBayetta Registered Users Posts: 39
    Some mountain Tweaks Too and forest placement changes on the map. Hmm Very Interesting. North west Troll Country Region has been opened up it seems.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,702
    A certain daemon prince in the lore has strong ties to Albion, and the Dark Emmisaries that live there.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,414
    edited May 6
    Wyvax said:

A certain daemon prince in the lore has strong ties to Albion, and the Dark Emmisaries that live there.

The Great Daemon Prince Superbowl.

But the Middle Mountains with the Brass Keep are the perfect fit for someone like Festus.
  • DurinelminpietraDurinelminpietra Registered Users Posts: 273
    Finally, something a bit meaty.. I see Rakarth and Louen in RoC campaign.. Also brass fortress seems the perfect place for a new nurgle champion
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 351

Isn’t Tamurkhan related to Albion?

No, Tamurkhan is related to K'datha and Nuln.

But Belakor is releated to Albion.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,092
    Bies said:

Witchwood isn't new, they might have renamed it, but its a woodelf start already?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,575

Bies said:

Witchwood isn't new, they might have renamed it, but its a woodelf start already?
    I think what is new is the Northern Wasteland. Previously it was all part of the Woodelf region Laurelorn that included what is now the Witch Wood.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,885
    edited May 6
    For "Witchwood", Laurelon Forest was talked about in greater detail in the late WFRP Archives of the Empire I. But specificly "Witchs Wood" boils down to

Laurelon Forest map was

but of course that does not translate well to TWW with a way larger scale.

The newest WFRP map regarding the Empire shows Laurelon like this.

Sadly no good .pdf around, just the "put on your wall" print.
    https://cubicle7games.com/product/wfrp-the-empire-map/

This here was GWs "The Old World" take.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/28/the-old-world-your-first-look-at-the-map-of-bretonnia/

And this is what we had in Mortal Empires

https://imrz.github.io/tww-interactive-map/latest/#/map/mortal/strategic?layer=None&overlays=Settlements,Map labels

I am not sure why CA is doing the terriory split there, but I would assume it will work out with the overall provinces they have in mind for whatever endgoal. Maybe the campaign just needs more diversity there to keep X or Y in check.

------Red Dox