Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

wh3 has mostly negative reviews on steam

DarioxDariox Registered Users Posts: 12
edited May 7 in General Discussion

Post edited by dge1 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Bmnoble981Bmnoble981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,285
    What about it? people have been bringing up that topic since shortly after launch.

3 main complaints people have are about poor performance, campaign mechanics and the fact that people got their hopes up assuming Immortal Empires would release relatively soon after launch or at launch.

I don't see the review situation changing till they deliver Immortal Empires.
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    thank god you made a thread about it
    ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 37,688
    Mostly it's mixed :).

You're thinking of "recent review" "All reviews" is the total.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 4,371
    Quick! Delete this thread and hide the shame.

• drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    Nothing to worry about, eh?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 37,688

Pretty much. CA has the money, IE and DLCs on the way.

Hype train's rollin on
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 4,371
    I really do hope IE saves WH3 like some people think it will. I want to revisit this game some day and hope it's in a good/fun state when I do.

• talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,701
  • VeetasVeetas Registered Users Posts: 22
    CA employees will have expected mostly negative reviews, no doubt in my mind. I don't think they are deluded enough to release a game in the state WH3 was in and expect everyone to love or even like it.
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    So, there is something I do not get, just have this line of thought of complaining about a game:

- Game launches;
    - It has some bugs and mechanics that some players do not agree with;
    - Those players take to the forums, reddit, facebook, discord, to complaint about the game, claiming it is to "improve it";
    - Game gets fixes, and even announced fixes;
    - Players still continue to complain about the game, claiming it is to "improve it";
    - It forces the company to conduct more fixes to the detriment of getting new content out;
    - Players keep complaining because its new content comes later than they anticipated, claiming it is to "improve it";
    - New players that would obtain the game start not purchasing it based on negative reviews, and the constant complaining they see in every platform;
    - Players complain that there are very few new players coming in, without realizing their own part in that happening, claiming that it is to "improve it";
    - Game ultimately gets less content than it should have because of constant negativity;

Am I the only one who sees our part in all of this? I thought players WANTED the game to succeed, but I guess I am the only one? If you keep focusing on the negative no matter what the subject is, it is going to impact its success. Show me one game that got better because of constant criticism and that got even more players than at launch. Go on.

Right now, it is like you want it to fail, to go "told you so".

Worst part, is that the more vocal people (and you can see by the number of negative posts from the same people in the forums that complain every day about the same things) are probably NEVER going to admit when the game actually reaches a point where they WOULD play it. And those people are probably going to move on to another game, and do the same thing for that other game that somehow does not fill the void they need to fill.

And even further, most people are not complaining about the game itself. They are complaining about the company's general lack of communication, or the lack of transparency. Some are complaining after literally having played EVERY single campaign it has to offer already.

My opinion, the game is absolutely fine. It certainly does not deserve even near the level of negativism and criticism it has endured. For any player that does not have 8+ hours a day to play, certainly there are still plenty of campaigns and experiences to have on the game before IE launches. And if you have 8 hours a day to play, good for you, but do not expect the game to be rushed like that by everyone.

Tl:dr: stop complaining and doomsaying the game so much; it ends up achieving the very same thing you are claiming to be trying to avoid.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    This is expected, I think it took too long for it to happen, but many were very hopeful that everything would be resolved soon.

Maybe everything will be fixed soon, but in the CA's definition of soon, that is after years.

• breadbread Registered Users Posts: 6

So... it's getting worse.
  • avvveavvve Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 456
    @SusaVile I can see your point, negativity spreads like wildfire here.. However its a two edge sword. If people dont complain where whould we be with the issues in the past, like for instance the portrait cards in WH2 that got smushed by CA. Or other criterias like land mechanic and since day on of wh1 that people wanted sieges to be improved.
    Yeah i know constructive feedback or complaints about the game are different then just simple doomsaying and such.

I can understand that CA are overwhelmed with complaints and negativity on social media, forums etc. But it actually in my mind is justified. They did a bad launch and admitted it far to late post-launch and also pretty much gave us the information that it will stay as such pretty much 3/4 of this year.

Negativity feeds negativity, its common sense. But being positivit for CA/WH3 without giving anything in return then just words is something they are not privileged with at the current state, and it might sound harsh but thats actually what they deserve. It might not be the DLC team that took over just some time ago but the company as a whole. It should be acknowledged and not forgotten.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,404
    edited May 6
    Well, people wanted "transparency" and the roadmap.

They got it, now they whine about it actually being honest about IE being a beta and that it takes longer.

What did you expect?^^

Its like with every actual decent and honest politician... nobody votes for them because they want to be bs'ed
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 2,095
    edited May 6
    bread said:

So... it's getting worse.
    The game got positive bombed at launch (I will get disagrees because of it - but it's a fact).
    Now the game is better than on launch.

But I think most people expected fixes and launch day Update 2.0 to be a bit closer... I for 1 though the big update is just around the corner... But nop it's not.

The game went from 64 (almost 65) after the first week to now 58% positive reviews (overall reviews) if it passes below 40% it's overall reviews will get to mostly negative too, but that is far away... I don't think that will happen.
    Recent reviews are 38% positive (that means - 62% negative) = mostly negative (below 40% positives).

EDIT:Here the top comment (most "helpful") on steam: NOTE:This comment is posted before the roadmap.

It's true isn't it ?!?

Anyway I'm dont with this(player numbers/reviews) I had my fun (as did some other people I hope). Now I will just wait for the game to be hopefully fixed.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 2,163

Hype train's rollin on
    Oh god, not this stupid Hype shtick again. The Roadmap didn't blow any minds like you said it would. Seriously stop gargling.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,348

Thank the real world cathayans. This is it when you open one global market instead of few separated cultural markets (West, Russia, China, India, South America etc.).

Like Winnie the Pooh is banned there.

Lol wtf are you talking about
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,371

Thank the real world cathayans. This is it when you open one global market instead of few separated cultural markets (West, Russia, China, India, South America etc.).

Lol wtf are you talking about
    There are still people who are considering that Total War Three Kingdoms and the Cathay inclusion are just to get the Chinese market involved (for me, it was a good way to get another part of the world map, and good change of pace from the neverending Europe map...). and then they make their own prejudice and derogatory feelings towards China and the Chinese people take over their opinions.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • ChristianSpartaChristianSparta Registered Users Posts: 221
    CA does not deserve anything else.

They have gotten themselves into this mess by not being honest from the start.

It's bad enough that he doesn't even want to play the campaign he has.
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,107

wow you're dumb af
    ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,558
    Well should i review it i would give it negative review as well..

Game is a mess and sadly it's not getting fixes remotly as fast as it should. Who cares what reasons are behind. What CA fixed so far should had been fixed in first 2 weeks.

Ball is on CA side...
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,300
    I finally left a review on Steam and I usually never write reviews. I can tell you it's not positive.

• PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Most of the reviews are thumbs down with “come back in 6 months” as the text. Doesn’t seem very damning to me.
  • drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    It is them that said that they've been working on Warhammer 3 for 5 years. And the end result seems very disappointing, especially if we have the time spent in mind.
  • cabal133cabal133 Registered Users Posts: 14
    I will not change my negative review, ever. This is what deserve CA has.
  • uzualuzual Registered Users Posts: 444

Hype train's rollin on
    Brainless fanboy :D
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    cabal133 said:

I will not change my negative review, ever. This is what deserve CA has.

I’m sure they’ll be wiping the tears away with the cash from future dlc purchases 😂

Frankly money where your mouth is. If you want to stick it to CA, don’t play IE and don’t ever purchase a DLC from them ever again.
  • kaiki_utokyokaiki_utokyo Registered Users Posts: 348
    I think setting IE's release-date over 6 months after main game launch is definitely a terrible decision for CA.
  • Mini_BananaMini_Banana Registered Users Posts: 298
    With the release of the roadmap, most people probably took off to do other things until IE comes out and aren't hanging around being angry. Thus, the number of people hanging out being angry appears to increase.

Not saying being upset isn't justified, but continues to explain why most topics seem to be so repetitively negative.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 2,095
    edited May 6

With the release of the roadmap, most people probably took off to do other things until IE comes out and aren't hanging around being angry. Thus, the number of people hanging out being angry appears to increase.

Not saying being upset isn't justified, but continues to explain why most topics seem to be so repetitively negative.

I disagree - There are more reviews on steam (both positive and negative, but the negatives are more) than before the roadmap = there are more people ,not less.

It's more likely, to put it in few words - people expected better and sooner.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
This discussion has been closed.