Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

wh3 has mostly negative reviews on steam

13»

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,525
    uzual said:

Nothing to worry about, eh?

Pretty much. CA has the money, IE and DLCs on the way.

Hype train's rollin on
    Brainless fanboy :D
    Given you're insulting me for having a different opinion this is humorously ironic.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

Most of the reviews are thumbs down with “come back in 6 months” as the text. Doesn’t seem very damning to me.

Seems completely non genuine. Fans of the game using Steam to protest.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,795
    edited May 6
    This is starting to get ridiculous. I know I said "I'm done" but damn it's not only here but on reddit too.

Normally reddit is more... How do I say it... defensive of CA.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
    1v0 said:

This is starting to get ridiculous. I know I said "I'm done" but damn it's not only here but on reddit too.

Normally reddit is more... How do I say it... defensive of CA.

That's Reddit.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    I think it’s over for this game, paradox tried hard to save imperator rome with similar bad start and eventually gave up.

They should release IE and move on to cut losses.
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,969
    Rikis said:

I just hope the backlash (which I believe is somewhat deserved) doesn't cut the game's lifecycle short. Like it or not, DLC's may have a cool trailer but I have been turned off of buying a game when you see its a "mostly negative" average review. This can have a death spiral to get a game die sooner rather then later.

If they want to destroy their company they can do that. I'd never buy another product from them again on principle and I bet I'm not the only one.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.

Rikis said:

I just hope the backlash (which I believe is somewhat deserved) doesn't cut the game's lifecycle short. Like it or not, DLC's may have a cool trailer but I have been turned off of buying a game when you see its a "mostly negative" average review. This can have a death spiral to get a game die sooner rather then later.

If they want to destroy their company they can do that. I'd never buy another product from them again on principle and I bet I'm not the only one.
    Yet you're an active participant on their official fan forum?

Forum Terms & Conditions

• MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,035
    warhammer 3 is just another "no man's sky", completely botched state at launch but now with a more dedicated team at the helm, the game will develop to be amazing with time, there's no doubt about that.
    its just that people want it to be good in the next 4 months or in a year at most and not after 2 or 3 years at best, this is supposed to be a video game and not stocks
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 569

warhammer 3 is just another "no man's sky", completely botched state at launch but now with a more dedicated team at the helm, the game will develop to be amazing with time, there's no doubt about that.
    its just that people want it to be good in the next 4 months or in a year at most and not after 2 or 3 years at best, this is supposed to be a video game and not stocks

I mean in the next three months we have two patches slated to fix almost all of the remaining major and minor complaints the community has regarding the game, and a dlc drop with IE. Certainly not a 2-3 year wait period.

Is it excusable that it will have taken 6 months by August to get to that point? Probably not, but that’s not going to stop me from enjoying future content.
    edited May 6

The game's actually pretty good right now. It's good fun for a couple campaigns. I won't be playing again till the 1.2 update or if there's a mod to fix Ogres, but it's pretty good as is. With IE I imagine it'll be good again for the general audience, so it's only a few months away, not years.

As a sidenote: Never buy stocks that "will be good" in a few years. Great way to lose money. I've made far more money with my safe picks than I have with my "potential" picks.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,035

The game's actually pretty good right now. It's good fun for a couple campaigns. I won't be playing again till the 1.2 update or if there's a mod to fix Ogres, but it's pretty good as is. With IE I imagine it'll be good again for the general audience, so it's only a few months away, not years.

As a sidenote: Never buy stocks that "will be good" in a few years. Great way to lose money. I've made far more money with my safe picks than I have with my "potential" picks.
    eh... to each their own poison, i find the game currently a chore not entertainment, unless the 4 "champions" are something that blow my expectations out of the water i will only play TW3 again once chorfs drop and they are mechanically good if not who knows...

and dont worry vanilla i dont put my money in stocks there are better ways to invest money, like land and apartment complexes here in Brasil, they are easy money with minimal maintenance, stocks are just a legalized form of gambling
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 3,707
    Thankyou for this very informative and constructive thread, we need more of these to accurately inform the audience.

• BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,130
    SusaVile said:

So, there is something I do not get, just have this line of thought of complaining about a game:

- Game launches;
    - It has some bugs and mechanics that some players do not agree with;
    - Those players take to the forums, reddit, facebook, discord, to complaint about the game, claiming it is to "improve it";
    - Game gets fixes, and even announced fixes;
    - Players still continue to complain about the game, claiming it is to "improve it";
    - It forces the company to conduct more fixes to the detriment of getting new content out;
    - Players keep complaining because its new content comes later than they anticipated, claiming it is to "improve it";
    - New players that would obtain the game start not purchasing it based on negative reviews, and the constant complaining they see in every platform;
    - Players complain that there are very few new players coming in, without realizing their own part in that happening, claiming that it is to "improve it";
    - Game ultimately gets less content than it should have because of constant negativity;

Am I the only one who sees our part in all of this? I thought players WANTED the game to succeed, but I guess I am the only one? If you keep focusing on the negative no matter what the subject is, it is going to impact its success. Show me one game that got better because of constant criticism and that got even more players than at launch. Go on.

Right now, it is like you want it to fail, to go "told you so".

Worst part, is that the more vocal people (and you can see by the number of negative posts from the same people in the forums that complain every day about the same things) are probably NEVER going to admit when the game actually reaches a point where they WOULD play it. And those people are probably going to move on to another game, and do the same thing for that other game that somehow does not fill the void they need to fill.

And even further, most people are not complaining about the game itself. They are complaining about the company's general lack of communication, or the lack of transparency. Some are complaining after literally having played EVERY single campaign it has to offer already.

My opinion, the game is absolutely fine. It certainly does not deserve even near the level of negativism and criticism it has endured. For any player that does not have 8+ hours a day to play, certainly there are still plenty of campaigns and experiences to have on the game before IE launches. And if you have 8 hours a day to play, good for you, but do not expect the game to be rushed like that by everyone.

Tl:dr: stop complaining and doomsaying the game so much; it ends up achieving the very same thing you are claiming to be trying to avoid.

Pretty true sadly. And the response is out of control, the game does not deserve mostly negative reviews that is insane.

For all the people who are a part of it who also would be dissapointed if the game got cancelled prematurely, yeah they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Hopefully this is all nothing to worry about in the years to come for tww3.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
    It’s very hard to recover from mixed and negative reviews, it’s a death spiral basically. People see the negative and will be biased to give another negative review, despite improvements. They should use this event to break from games workshop and go back to historical games, they can’t rely on only one franchise. It’s a blessing in disguise.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,518
    lucibuis said:

It’s very hard to recover from mixed and negative reviews, it’s a death spiral basically. People see the negative and will be biased to give another negative review, despite improvements. They should use this event to break from games workshop and go back to historical games, they can’t rely on only one franchise. It’s a blessing in disguise.

Really? I was just having a look at No Man's Sky and they're doing ok.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,704

Rikis said:

Yes, because it's free entertainment. Forumites know the purpose of this place.

I've uninstalled. White Knights and Capitalism Apologists can blame us all they like, but we all know who's to blame here, and it's not the players.
    Glory matters not.

• BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,130

Rikis said:

And that would be a damn shame. But the blame falls on CAs shoulders, not the fans who are complaining.
    Mostly you are right, tww3 was rushed and CA should have been aware of a reaction like this. But given it is what it is at this point we need to think where do we proceed from here and throwing more and more negative reviews on tww3 is only going to make things worse.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
    Surge_2 said:

Rikis said:

I've uninstalled. White Knights and Capitalism Apologists can blame us all they like, but we all know who's to blame here, and it's not the players.
    Yeah, you say that, but you're still an active, engaged fan.

I love that you're here. You're genuinely one of my favourite people on this forum and I hope you stay. Lets just not get it twisted though, you can't really be here and not be a fan of the game, you're one by definition. You're generating content, interest, discussion, all that good stuff which helps the game and CA. I say that with full respect and zero intent to cause insult.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 796
    lucibuis said:

Whole lot of Warhammer fans have little to no interest in other settings. Most likely that would be the end of the company, or at the very least a serious blow.
    Surge_2 said:

Rikis said:

White Knights I get, and I’m all for fighting for a cause, but this game and all of its sources and derivatives purely exist because of Capitalism 😂.

It’s funny because I’ve been seeing this point brought up more often, and it’s just amusing that it’s brought up over a video game. Armchair activists come to mind.
  • LegendaryArticunoLegendaryArticuno Registered Users Posts: 501

Surge_2 said:

Rikis said:

White Knights I get, and I’m all for fighting for a cause, but this game and all of its sources and derivatives purely exist because of Capitalism 😂.

It’s funny because I’ve been seeing this point brought up more often, and it’s just amusing that it’s brought up over a video game. Armchair activists come to mind.

White knights and shills need to learn that capitalism doesn't mean be anti-consumer. There are opportunities for a win-win for both CA and the players, actions like implementing Denuvo go against that.

Too many devs forget positive word of mouth is the strongest tool you can have to guarantee sales.
    MODIDDLY1 said:

lucibuis said:

Whole lot of Warhammer fans have little to no interest in other settings. Most likely that would be the end of the company, or at the very least a serious blow.
    The company was doing well before warhammer. They can’t depend on one franchise like in the last few years, it’s a strategy doomed to fail.

• XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,969
    lucibuis said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

lucibuis said:

The company was doing well before warhammer. They can’t depend on one franchise like in the last few years, it’s a strategy doomed to fail.
    Maybe they can survive on the strength of the history fans. But they'll never reach their previous heights which they desperately want.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,704

Oh I know, hobby, luxury product, blah blah, yes, it exists because of Capitalism, and blah blah corporations exist to make money. Blah blah.

All true.

The not so subtle message from people who say 'negativity' will get the game cancelled?

'Good or bad, be a good little boot licking consumer or daddy CA won't give us our distraction from reality!'

Nah. I'm good, thanks. We can point out the many failures in this game. We can point out declining engagement. We can point out the black hole level implosion of the player count. We can point out the **** poor communication. We can point out the shills, the negative reviews, and the absolutely pathetic speed of response.

CA wants to walk from that? Fine. They are free to further defecate on their reputation, no skin off my back. :)

Glory matters not.

• BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 262

Well, people wanted "transparency" and the roadmap.

They got it, now they whine about it actually being honest about IE being a beta and that it takes longer.

What did you expect?^^

Its like with every actual decent and honest politician... nobody votes for them because they want to be bs'ed

I don't agree with this at all. If CA had released a reasonable roadmap the majority of the playerbase would be fine with it. Instead the roadmap they released is snail paced and doesn't show any ambition whatsoever. This is reflected in the amount of negative reviews. Imo the roadmap is an insult to the playerbase. But hey SEGA got their money, shareholders are happy. That's something to be thrilled about right?

"Be at peace, for that is all I ever want." - Karl Franz.
    Surge_2 said:

Oh I know, hobby, luxury product, blah blah, yes, it exists because of Capitalism, and blah blah corporations exist to make money. Blah blah.

All true.

The not so subtle message from people who say 'negativity' will get the game cancelled?

'Good or bad, be a good little boot licking consumer or daddy CA won't give us our distraction from reality!'

Nah. I'm good, thanks. We can point out the many failures in this game. We can point out declining engagement. We can point out the black hole level implosion of the player count. We can point out the **** poor communication. We can point out the shills, the negative reviews, and the absolutely pathetic speed of response.

CA wants to walk from that? Fine. They are free to further defecate on their reputation, no skin off my back. :)

Idk, what you’re saying seems like the predominant narrative, hence the primarily negative reviews to WH3. It sounds to me like you might be focusing on a hyper-minority (albeit a vocal one). Then again I’m sure I do the same on the flip side.

It is just peculiar that I’ve been seeing anti-work narratives pop up in game discussions, especially to criticize a company. That’s probably just Reddit being Reddit though.

From my perspective it’s just a bit too vitriolic for a computer game.
  • Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Dariox said:

Those are recent reviews. A bunch of Doomprophets won't change my mind here and there.
  • BeerTheReaperBeerTheReaper Registered Users Posts: 24
    One thing to note is that steams review system is recommend or don't. It's not the game is a dumpster fire that will burn anything thrown at it. I left a review after finishing my first campaign and did not recommend it at the time. I enjoyed it but felt that game 2 was in a better place for the money and 3 had a number of unresolved issues.

As time passed and the unresolved issues remained more people felt that the game is not currently worth it's asking price and either left negative reviews or changed their positive ones.

The only thing the road map really did was shatter the illusion that IE was going to drop next week and save the game. Many of the forums defenders were constantly chipping in at any criticism: just use mods, IE will be here soon and everything will be fine. When faced at the reality of the timeline and how long this game was going to take to be as good as the last entry they no longer felt a full priced purchase was recommended.

The game still has thousands of positive reviews but the recent activity is not review bombing or angry at road map people IMO, it simply reflects the current state of the game.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,318
    Thread closed, for obvious reasons. A significant number of folks seem to have forgotten the Forum Terms & Conditions they agreed to follow when accepted for membership and participation on the forum area owned by Creative Assembly.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

Particularly this:
    Summary
    By registering an account you agree to the following terms and conditions:

You must be aged 13 or over to register. If you are under 13 you acknowledge you have parental consent to use the forums.
    Be respectful to everyone on the forums. Flaming, insulting or abusing anyone will not be tolerated.
    Please use the appropriate language for the section of the forums you are using.
    Do not post any personally identifiable information.
    Do not post anything that can be considered offensive, including but not limited to: racism, sexism, discussions about politics or religion, etc.
    Names and signatures must be appropriate and not break any of these terms and conditions.
    Linking to external sites should be avoided where possible. SEGA accepts no responsibility for the contents of any external links.
    Only register one account for the forums. Any duplicate accounts will be deleted.
    When downloading from the forums it is at your own risk and SEGA accepts no responsibility for any resulting damages from downloading attachments.
    Do not use post or share any copyrighted content on the forums that you do not own the rights to.
    Any posts advocating illegal activities will result in an immediate and permanent ban from the forums.

Our moderators reserve the right to take action on any users that break these conditions. This action may result in a permanent ban if the offence is severe enough.

and this:

1) Respect:]
    1.1 Please do not disrespect any other forum users, including volunteer moderators or CA staff
    1.2a Please do not practice negative behaviour: personal attacks/bashing/baiting/spamming, etc.
    1.2b Please do not use taunting/trolling (behaviour with the deliberate goal of being controversial or offensive)

2) False Information and illegal content:
    2.1 You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, is material of a sexual matter, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise unlawful.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

This discussion has been closed.