Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ok, how many faction reworks do we need right now?

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,336
    I would like a full rework for High Elves. Give them actual race mechanics.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,997

Why people started to call races as factions?

Cause they're not really races? Not in the literal sense, or even in the traditional D&D sense.

The game calls them races though. So that's what I use now.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • OddzillaOddzilla Registered Users Posts: 390
    Lizardmen don't have a single meaningfully interactive base campaign mechanic, and they have the most LLs at the moment, they should be prioritized for updates since those updates would benefit 7 entire campaigns, it just makes the most logical sense.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 5,021

Eh Tomb Kings don’t really need a complete rework, just some number tweaks here or there, a new generic LL, and an option to confederate/get more armies, maybe some new options in the Mortuary Cult.

Nothing on the rework level. Their underlying mechanics and overall playstyle is fun, and it’s one of the better campaigns out there.

Certainly their rites need a improved version/different rite depending on the LL you are playing, to get them on par with later WH II LL´s like Imrik or Eltharion.

Certainly a mechanic that emphasizes on how you ressurect an EMpire out of the Sands would be nice, or a way to return Tomb Kings to the flesh.

Just something to do once you have secured your lands.
  • SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 409
    edited May 7
    Full reworks (like Greenskins, Wood Elves and Beastmen got) :
    - WoC
    - Norsca

Small reworks (like Dwarves got) :
    - Lizardmen : they mostly need a fancy toy on the campaign map, as they are currently pretty functional but have nothing to do on the campaign map except moving armies and building cities. Something like a race resource and stuff that uses that resource. They also require fixes for Nakaï and adjustments to Tehenhauin's pyramid (getting RoR out of it and bringing Skink perks making them as potent in late game as Goblins with Grom)
    - Vampire Counts : Just like Dwarves got two small reworks, they need a bit more thought put into them. They mostly require Legendary Lords and Units from other bloodlines though.

Adjustments :
    - Empire : Military/Defensive alliances with minor Empire factions. Gelt or Volkmar getting a little something ?
    - Tomb Kings / Vampire Coast : Confederation. For the most part they need extra Lord types.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 11,023

Itharus said:

At this point, every game 1+2 race other than Beastmen probably need a rework.

Eh from Game 2 the only races that need work are Lizardmen, maybe with a slave rework for Dark Elves to make it more interesting.

If anything I’d prefer some DLC faction reworks like Cult of Sotek or Malus Darkblade as opposed to full reworks for the other WH2 factions.
    Lizardmen are the TWW2 race that was really abandoned for Game 2, yeah. Their campaign mechanics were considered weak in 2017 and apart from building tree changes and the new Slann, have been left as they were despite having three DLCs.

I think there might be a degree to which everything could use a touchup to bring them up to TWW3 standards, though. Just that apart from the scaly boys, most of the game 2 races can probably afford to be near the back of the queue.
  • RalevRalev Registered Users Posts: 141
    Clan pestilens
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,542
    Ralev said:

Clan pestilens

True, they are one of my least favoured Clans at the moment. I was thinking of a way to create effects for the plague Claw Catapult while managing to differentiate it from the Nurgle faction. It could possibly help with ammo for their catapult, adding mixtures to Rat Ogres (to create disease filled/bloated Rat Ogre monsters) and possible buffs their units.

The could apply a keyword 'Pestelins' to their Clan Rats (who are weaker at base level) but can benefit from diseases meaning anything without the keyword gets hurt and anything with the keyword gets buffed.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,216
    Ralev said:

Clan pestilens

Yeah. Pestilence needs a rework no doubt. The Nurgle mechanic for concocting plagues should be ported over to them.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Dwarfs need dlcs the most, but rework would be welcomed cause after last "rework" dawi are left only with one viable legendary lord (surprise its Thorek), other are overpriced AND doesnt bring anything to the table, their items are terrible too.

Other than that VC need some touches and WoC would benefit from some DoC stuff
    BsFG dwarf
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,448
    Vampire Coast needs a rework, new LL, couple of units and a new generic lord.

Vampire Coves need a boost and some of the mechanics brought up to WH3 level.

• PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 583
    Djau said:

VCoast is one of the most fleshed out factions campaign mechanic wise, they have so much stuff going on. Sure the Pirate Coves could be a bit more useful, but those are numbers changes, not reworks.

Sounds like you’re asking for new content aka a DLC, not a faction rework.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,709
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,448

Djau said:

VCoast is one of the most fleshed out factions campaign mechanic wise, they have so much stuff going on. Sure the Pirate Coves could be a bit more useful, but those are numbers changes, not reworks.

Sounds like you’re asking for new content aka a DLC, not a faction rework.
    Sorta; a lot of their mechanic's don't really rely on the Ocean which is a bit strange. Ideally they should have to take coastal settlements/ports but at the same time they can't get commandments if all the cities in a province aren't ports.

Coves are vastly inferior in comparison to Undercities. They aren't fleshed out mechanics wise; they just have a lot of mechanics.

Heck, Infamy basically does nothing.

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,351
    Since I mainly Helf..

Influence- Doesn't work as intended. The High Elf Let's Play made it clear we're meant to use it to cause disruption between other factions, like start a convenient war, but it never works, no matter what you sink two factions relations to. Make it more like Kairos' grimoires, a set amount for a certain outcome.

Replenishment - Should be greatly reduced. The High Elves should not be sending vast armies everywhere, putting together a full army should take time, and every unit made to count.

Sea lanes - Maybe if they ever bring in Aislinn this can be his thing, but patrolling trade routes and ensuring no piratical activity etc. Keeping the lanes clear of pirates can give them boost to their trade income.

Sword of Khaine - Is whipped out and waved about more than a John Thomas at a rugby club booze session. This is the HE's equivalent of a nuke mixed with their biggest cultural taboo, it should rarely be seen. Have the Shrine of Khaine guarded by a passive Sentinels faction like the Black Pyramid.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 842

arthadaw said:

Vampire Counts
    Norsca
    Skaven

Skaven ? How so ?

VCount, WoC and Norsca
    I would like something that brings together Skaven like a complex Council of 13 mechanic. A plan to combine the clans that would result in shared tech like Far Squeeker allowing a player to use multiple mechanics like Ikit's Workshop, Shadowy Dealings, Throt's Flesh Lab or an underground track system that allows faster travel for armied.

I would like to see something better for Clan Mors and Rictus to allow a warlord build option to compliment the other builds. This could be done through mechanics that allow the recruitment of Red Guard and the many RoR Skaven troops.
    That would be insane, skaven are already the most op faction to have both the workshop and the flesh lab to buff troops and shadowy dealings for the faction would make even a legendary campaign a cake walk. And take away each clans uniqueness.
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,740
    Greenskins don’t need a rework, but they need a rework to their rework lol. Plenty of problems with their system imo @Itharus made a lot of good points a while back.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 11,023
    Arsenic said:

Replenishment - Should be greatly reduced. The High Elves should not be sending vast armies everywhere, putting together a full army should take time, and every unit made to count.

Kill two birds with one stone: High Elves should not have a post-battle replenishment option unless fighting other High Elves, and maybe Wood Elves. Their current replenishment rate might be okay if they do actually have to wait to replenish after battles, and I really don't see them trusting most races to carry their stuff, however much of a help that is to allowing their own wounded to recover more quickly.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,542
    edited May 8

arthadaw said:

Vampire Counts
    Norsca
    Skaven

Skaven ? How so ?

VCount, WoC and Norsca
    I would like something that brings together Skaven like a complex Council of 13 mechanic. A plan to combine the clans that would result in shared tech like Far Squeeker allowing a player to use multiple mechanics like Ikit's Workshop, Shadowy Dealings, Throt's Flesh Lab or an underground track system that allows faster travel for armied.

I would like to see something better for Clan Mors and Rictus to allow a warlord build option to compliment the other builds. This could be done through mechanics that allow the recruitment of Red Guard and the many RoR Skaven troops.
    That would be insane, skaven are already the most op faction to have both the workshop and the flesh lab to buff troops and shadowy dealings for the faction would make even a legendary campaign a cake walk. And take away each clans uniqueness.
    Giving clans unique mechanics that represent their clan would remove their ‘uniqueness’?

That’s different.

The combined use of mechanics would require diplomatic relations with all Skaven, missions completed with a Council of 13 mechanic and an expensive/long wait end of game tech.
  • ForomarForomar Registered Users Posts: 36

What do you expect for the Dwarves and Greenskins? Cause they had the most recent WH1 races reworks.

For the dwarfs I would at expect a full rework of their lords and heroes.
    They are slow and lack any sort of interesting/active mechanics.

- Thorgrim has an item that depends on the enemy focussing him, but without killing him outright
    - Ungrimm has power neutral items at best, that somehow still cost money
    - Grombrindal is useless after his price nerf and the removal of his flashbomb
    - Belegar is for some reason the only dwarf, that CA ever bothered to give a silver shield and is still worse than *******
    Sigvald
    - Both "casters" of runes are just worse versions of the empires Arch-Lectors/Warrior Priests
    - etc

Thorek is the only one, that is even remotely interesting and I suspect that is only the case, because CA didn't have the time to nerf him in WH2.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,156
    I think we need to cross a line between a big rework that adds new mechanics and messes with all current systems, from a small rework that would improve or change existing mechanics.

Who needs major reworks with new content is:
    -WoC
    -Norsca.

minor reworks are needed in several factions: VC,LZ,HE,DW,TK...
    But I don't believe that these changes are that profound, nor that they necessarily need to be accompanied by DLC.

WoC will get a rework this year, I hope it's big , next year I expect Norsca, after that I think the content cycle will no longer be guided by which race needs rework, and CA could focus more on the DLC's themselves, and we see in game2 that when a dlc is not accompanied by rework the content is released faster.

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,783
    1. WoC
    2. Norsca
    3. VC
    4. LM
    5. HE
    6. Empire
    7. Bretonnia
    8. TK
    9. DE
    10. Dwarfs
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 2,031
    Reworks? Not too many, honestly.

1. WoC, which we already know is coming.
    2. Vampire Counts. All the campaigns are uninspired and lack variety in both mechanics and playstyle.
    3. Bretonnia. Same as above.
    4. Norsca. Need better garrisons and a way to prevent ruin-dwelling.
    5. Empire/High Elves. Both need more and better ways to spend their 2nd currency.

Dwarfs just need units/characters. Not a rework.
    And honestly, some game 3 factions need work more than these do. Like Nurgle.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,971
    Warriors
    Norsca
    Tomb Kings
    Lizardmen
    Vampire Counts
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • TheRealIronJazZTheRealIronJazZ Registered Users Posts: 333
    Cult of Pleasure. - Slaneeshi rework.

"Embrace your hunger, your lust, your desire. The universe is ours for the taking."

• manuelpsmanuelps Registered Users Posts: 2,819
    Yannir said:

Reworks? Not too many, honestly.

1. WoC, which we already know is coming.
    2. Vampire Counts. All the campaigns are uninspired and lack variety in both mechanics and playstyle.
    3. Bretonnia. Same as above.
    4. Norsca. Need better garrisons and a way to prevent ruin-dwelling.
    5. Empire/High Elves. Both need more and better ways to spend their 2nd currency.

Dwarfs just need units/characters. Not a rework.
    And honestly, some game 3 factions need work more than these do. Like Nurgle.

I insist, Kislev new factions will need whole new stuff, what they have now will be useless for them.
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 735
    edited May 9
    Ok some of you have made this suggestion and I just have to say.

Comment deleted.

From the T&C:

1.5 Avoid using words or phrases with all capital letters (it is considered shouting)
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • DeltamirDeltamir Registered Users Posts: 166
    Grotek and Felix need a rework.

I'd then like to see a narrative campaign that follows their adventures. Will have to come after Thanquil though
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,794
    edited May 9
    Re-work is pretty big and needed for less than a handful of factions if we exclude new mechanics that affect almost all factions.

1. Norsca
    2. Warriors of Chaos
    3. High Elves

Tweaks

1. Empire (authority vs fealty)
    2. Tomb Kings (more dynasties, shared alliance victory conditions since they can't confederate, and more books of nagash)
    3. Cathay (techs and compass)
    4. Slaanesh (replenishment and seduction/vassals changed)
    5. Lizardmen (geomantic web really meh and blessed spawnings both too random and not random enough)

Maybe Bretonnia, Dwarfs, and Kislev should get some tweaks depending on what the final combined map looks like but honestly most of that could be handled by new LLs.

YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,096
    Norsca? Yes.
    Vampire Counts? Not really. They need another lord pack.
    Empire? Again, not really. If by anything they need a lord pack.
    Tomb Kings? Same. They are great.

Lizardmen? Yes. The web is not good/fun at all, needs adjustment.

Otherwhise:
    - Warriors of Chaos...but they get one anyway.
    - Dwarfs need one... the grudge system is still boring, they need their epic grudges (like what SFO did. Similar to the monster hunts, unlocking special stuff) and they need stuff such as Thunderbarge, Prospectors with steamdrills, Ancestor engine, Engineer Lord with gyro-mounts.... their tech tree also needs some adjustments for game 3.
    - Dark Elves slave system needs an update and morathi needs proper slaanesh stuff for cult of pleasure.
    - High Elves should get an improvement of their influence system.... its very weak compared to lets say what tzeentch can do with their grimoires
    - Bretonnia needs a Lord pack....

But aside from Warriors of Chaos who REALLY needs one desperately, I'd say number 2 is actually....

KISLEV!
    The supporter system is nowhere near as good as the same system in troy, which has more diverse actions to getting ahead and your opponent just cheats very obviously or dies quickly. It makes no sense that you get NEGATIVE supporters for defeating the kislev rebels so you are sure to lose the first step on legendary.

Why aren't there supporter-dilemmas? Why are there not Dilemmas similar to the empire, where you can send mercs to help out other kislevite factions or your allies in general?

The Attaman and court system is also way too random and not fun. The caravan-leaders can level up, but you only get dilemas for attamans every x-turns?...

Why are there no dilemmas for Ungols and Gospodars?

Their army is great, but their mechanics are below all other game 3 factions.