Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

List of potential Legendary Lords that have been directly confirmed/hinted/name dropped by CA

2»

Comments

• kratostatickratostatic Registered Users Posts: 960

Loreguy said:

Loreguy said:

Djau said:

Loreguy said:

Loreguy said:

Shen Zoo was named / hinted - my bet is LH.

If by hinted you mean 100% confirmed that she won't arrive, then yes.
    Was she? That's sad. When and who said that?
    The ending of Grand Cathay's campaign.
    Ending of Cathay campaign was:
    "Go North to find her."

That's it. Next campaign could be about saving her.
    What next campaign???

And Andy himself confirmed that GW only allowed them to use her for narrative reasons and that we won't see her in the game beyond mentions.
    Being only MacGuffin is sad fate.

Would you please tell me where and when Andy wrote that? I can't find it.
    In one of the various interviews he gave before release, one of the Lorebeard videos with Sotek and GBoG.
    Specifically the 2nd one, when we actually knew her "fate".

On Cathay we know that the armybook - that was made in large part for CA to have something to work on for Cathay, has 6 LLs. These are the 5 active Dragon Siblings (Miao Ying, Zhao Ming, Yuan Bao, Yin Yin and Li Dao) plus the Monkey King. I would be surprised if we get any LLs who aren't one of those 6.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,245
    I forgot about Neferata, so I added her to the list.

I have not heard or seen any direct hint towards Nagash or Drachenfels, though. Did CA say anything about them specifically?
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,351
    Fossoway said:

I have not heard or seen any direct hint towards Nagash or Drachenfels, though. Did CA say anything about them specifically?

Nagash "if he turns up, it'll be trying to become a god"
    Drachenfels "Don't expect to see him".

Don't remember the exact interview.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,351
    ammo2095 said:

Finubar? he was metnioned several times in W2 narrative.

You're basically playing as Finubar when you play a Lothern campaign, that's what the dilemmas are about.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • Cosmic_LichCosmic_Lich Registered Users Posts: 510
    sykall said:

Bohemond Beastslayer was mentioned awhile ago by the devs as a potential lord for Bretonnia IIRC

@sykall

https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkxgt42n8smBpotOAlGLWAevmC3ZeqGYRkB
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,885
    edited May 6
    Fossoway said:

O_0
    Vampire Counts 8th edition, before Endtimes retcon

TWW2

TWW3 gamefiles

No, CA did not flat out say that Nagash will come in any way or form. But the hints are piling up and the same way we all knew N'kari will be around, it looks not that bad for Nagash.

-----Red Dox
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,534
    Who is the Empire LL who Andy specifically mentioned as his favourite?
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,067

Toddy ?
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,534
    arthadaw said:

Toddy ?
    No, can’t remember his name.. maybe Kurt..
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,067
    Kurt Helborg ?

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,324
    Arsenic said:

ammo2095 said:

You're basically playing as Finubar when you play a Lothern campaign, that's what the dilemmas are about.
    Story-wise Game3 happens before Game2. Hopefully, Finubar will star in the final HE LP.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,426

Arsenic said:

ammo2095 said:

Story-wise Game3 happens before Game2. Hopefully, Finubar will star in the final HE LP.
    Assuming HE even get another lord pack (which is a big if). It will be Aislinn.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,385

which is a big if

Is it? CA skipping on an army book unit seems like they are planning another HE DLC.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 2,026
    ammo2095 said:

If Shen Zoo doesn't do better Taijutsu than Miao Ying, I don't wanna her in the game

Taijutsu is a japanese term, like all jutsus and dos... Grand Cathay is based on China. We have a different fantasy nation for Japan-inspired stuff.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,255
    Arsenic said:

Fossoway said:

Nagash "if he turns up, it'll be trying to become a god"
    Drachenfels "Don't expect to see him".

Don't remember the exact interview.
    Good thing GW has never directly said the Nameless is Drachenfels. There is a reason he is nameless.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,965
    ammo2095 said:

Egrimm! he was in the Warhammer 1 trailer.

No he wasn't, that's the advisor

Loreguy said:

Loreguy said:

Djau said:

Loreguy said:

Loreguy said:

Shen Zoo was named / hinted - my bet is LH.

If by hinted you mean 100% confirmed that she won't arrive, then yes.
    Was she? That's sad. When and who said that?
    The ending of Grand Cathay's campaign.
    Ending of Cathay campaign was:
    "Go North to find her."

That's it. Next campaign could be about saving her.
    What next campaign???

And Andy himself confirmed that GW only allowed them to use her for narrative reasons and that we won't see her in the game beyond mentions.
    Being only MacGuffin is sad fate.

Would you please tell me where and when Andy wrote that? I can't find it.
    In one of the various interviews he gave before release, one of the Lorebeard videos with Sotek and GBoG.
    Specifically the 2nd one, when we actually knew her "fate".

On Cathay we know that the armybook - that was made in large part for CA to have something to work on for Cathay, has 6 LLs. These are the 5 active Dragon Siblings (Miao Ying, Zhao Ming, Yuan Bao, Yin Yin and Li Dao) plus the Monkey King. I would be surprised if we get any LLs who aren't one of those 6.
    Nowhere did they state what named lords are in the armybook.

They talked alot about the background lore in the armybook. The elector counts are mentioned and named in the empire armybook, doesn't mean they are playable chracters in the armybook.
  • ammo2095ammo2095 Registered Users Posts: 885

ammo2095 said:

Egrimm! he was in the Warhammer 1 trailer.

No he wasn't, that's the advisor
    Yeah, you write like you need one.
    Arsenic said:

ammo2095 said:

Do the dilemmas say anything about Finubar? no, meaning -- no.
    edited May 6
    Yannir said:

ammo2095 said:

If Shen Zoo doesn't do better Taijutsu than Miao Ying, I don't wanna her in the game

Taijutsu is a japanese term, like all jutsus and dos... Grand Cathay is based on China. We have a different fantasy nation for Japan-inspired stuff.
    Yeah, my bad, I've got my novels mixed up...
  • Hanzo11Hanzo11 Registered Users Posts: 163
    I know the nameless / Drachenfel was mentioned in a lore section in a vampire coast camp,but beyond this i can't recall any other mention in interviews or gameplay am I missing something?
  • RalevRalev Registered Users Posts: 141
    I'm starting to think Thanquol might come soon tbh.

Several reasons:

1. He's possibly the most popular lore character
    2. Skv are a popular faction (sorry)
    3. If I was running the release schedule I would be concentrating on wins after the wh3 release which means stuff that is going to reinvigorate the playerbase. After IE, thanquol is the most anticipated addition to the game (closely followed by Chorfs).
    4. Related to (1-3) if IE flops then thanquol would potentially give them a 3rd bite at getting the playerbase back
    5. It seems unlikely that we're now looking at 6-7 years of DLC content for WH3 now, possibly more like 3-4 which shifts when we would expect to see new stuff as there isn't the natual successor of a followup game (as in WH2). This means that popular content is much much more likely to be front loaded rather than kept for later to keep people engaged in the series.
    6. GW and CA don't always collaborate regarding timelines but AoS is about to receive a new Skaven army book and new miniatures, if there is *any* communication then the thanquol dlc would be best released early whilst skaven TT fever is high (within a year, as that's the window where new army books make factions competitive in TT).
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,324

Arsenic said:

ammo2095 said:

Assuming HE even get another lord pack (which is a big if). It will be Aislinn.
    No, it is not 'a big if', and it will be Phoenix King Finubar the Seafarer, who will finish HE on a high note.
    Ralev said:

I'm starting to think Thanquol might come soon tbh.

Several reasons:

1. He's possibly the most popular lore character
    2. Skv are a popular faction (sorry)
    3. If I was running the release schedule I would be concentrating on wins after the wh3 release which means stuff that is going to reinvigorate the playerbase. After IE, thanquol is the most anticipated addition to the game (closely followed by Chorfs).
    4. Related to (1-3) if IE flops then thanquol would potentially give them a 3rd bite at getting the playerbase back
    5. It seems unlikely that we're now looking at 6-7 years of DLC content for WH3 now, possibly more like 3-4 which shifts when we would expect to see new stuff as there isn't the natual successor of a followup game (as in WH2). This means that popular content is much much more likely to be front loaded rather than kept for later to keep people engaged in the series.
    6. GW and CA don't always collaborate regarding timelines but AoS is about to receive a new Skaven army book and new miniatures, if there is *any* communication then the thanquol dlc would be best released early whilst skaven TT fever is high (within a year, as that's the window where new army books make factions competitive in TT).

Really overestimating how popular thanqol is and how popular skaven are.

CA stated HE and Empire were the most popular factions of their respective games.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,410
    Skaven are extremely popular. HE, Empire and Chaos more so, but still extremely popular.

• overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 834
    Why do they refer to him as iron hat?
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,035

Why do they refer to him as iron hat?

orcs are not very "erudite" so the dont know who in gork's name is nagash, the great necromancer, lord of undeath, greatest enemy of sigmar and the chaos gods; its a talking iron hat so they call it iron hat