Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Which race should receive the most support?

DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 1,513
I know it’s difficult but just try.

Which race should receive the most support? 59 votes

Chaos
13%
Seswatha1v0LunaticprincekufareeThat1dudeBesidesTopokemonmastergovegener 8 votes
Chaos
1%
Cosmic_Lich 1 vote
Chaos
1%
Nikolabrac 1 vote
Chaos
3%
DarekGhentThankki 2 votes
Chaos
1%
GeorgeTruman 1 vote
Chaos
10%
HappyBoomermightygloinEmeraldThanatosThe_JoshMejustmeBeytran70 6 votes
Chaos
8%
Nitros14yolordmcswagMrDragonDrJammatcoldboi9 5 votes
Chaos
8%
VildvargYurisusukiDarthEnderXRedEclipse9Dream_Keeper 5 votes
Chaos
6%
Maedrethnirmewade44XxXScorpionXxXLegendaryArticuno 4 votes
Anything but Pandas, (Chaos)
44%
SirEyeballsteam_1648967204540wN3lV8JGreenBayesIzzyStradlinjoproulx99Tennisgolfbollvg45lcmiraclecabans33SultschiemVeldrinar4b4dd0nBillybabelNihil515ReeksStoomWyvaxkevManiacTheRealIronJazZ 26 votes

Comments

• arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,075
    Most fair and balanced poll
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,617
    Kislev and Cathay are the major cores so whichever is more popular should get the most.

You've grouped Chaos together. If we're counting Chaos as a whole I'm all for them getting more than any individual race. Chaos is awesome.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• KhorneBullKhorneBull Registered Users Posts: 254
    Khorne, Beastmen and Dwarfs.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,487
    This poll is of a high quality, as the resident straight shooting poll creator i approve of this effort...
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,984
    I prefer Races to get relatively equal content distribution per their 'content type'.

Race Packs should be relatively on par with each other.

Cores should be relatively on par with each other, at least within each individual Game.

Campaign Packs should be relatively on par with each other.

If a disparity exists between a Campaign Pack and a Race Pack I'm more okay with it because you're paying two different price points for the content; some meaningful improvements should exist for the more expensive one to justify its increased cost.

If a disparity exists between two of the same type however, such as two Cores within the same game, that does start to bother me a little and I'd prefer it if things were developed more evenly.

I know things will never be PERFECTLY identical. Both because of Race asymmetry as well as some stuff just selling better and it's a business. Still, HUGE disparities should not exist within identical categories imo.

Right now, especially for Game 3, huge disparities definitely exist. More than I'm comfortable with. Cathay having almost 30% more units than Tzeentch, more LL's, and more bespoke mechanics (whether you like the mechanic design or not, it is apparent more resources went into Cathay's dilemmas and UI elements) etc.

So yes, at least for now, the monogods do need the most attention, at least for the time being. If their rosters wind up being 10% smaller than Cathay's with 4 LL's instead of 5, or something else to that effect, fine. But the sheer disparity on display currently is higher than I'm comfortable with and needs to be rectified.

Also, as far as the $10 Race Packs go, WoC is dramatically behind the Ogres and Norsca. So yeah, while I don't think the focus needs to be entirely on Chaos for all time, Chaos does need some love to catch up.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,336
    Chaos
    It's the ninth Chaos option which means Tzeentch. He should get the most support.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,709
    I’m intrigued by the pandas, is there room for negotiation?
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    Chaos
    I can't believe no one else has picked this option yet, chaos is clearly way more deserving of attention than chaos.
  • SeswathaSeswatha Registered Users Posts: 4,757
    Chaos
    Chaos and the best Chaos race - Skaven :tongue:

• GhettobibleGhettobible Registered Users Posts: 267
    Every faction needs love.

Kislev feels incomplete especially Kost with no Orthodoxy troops.

I’m intrigued by the pandas, is there room for negotiation?

Always.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 4,003
  • DrawVidsDrawVids Registered Users Posts: 88
    Absolutely pointless
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,569
    Valkaar said:

I prefer Races to get relatively equal content distribution per their 'content type'.

Race Packs should be relatively on par with each other.

Cores should be relatively on par with each other, at least within each individual Game.

Campaign Packs should be relatively on par with each other.

If a disparity exists between a Campaign Pack and a Race Pack I'm more okay with it because you're paying two different price points for the content; some meaningful improvements should exist for the more expensive one to justify its increased cost.

I guess that makes some sense in terms of general free support, but what about further paid support?

I don't think the original scope or price of a product should impact any further products for the specific race. Generally speaking, race and campaign packs release with around the same amount of units that you get from a core + a lord pack (even Bretonnia). In game 1 that meant every race had a similar sized roster. Game 1 made no distinction for lord counts with DLC, it just had a mini campaign or it didn't.

Game 2 changed that by giving 2+ lord packs to cores. WE and BM then got an LP to help match the new 2 LP cores. LM and SK have 3 LPs though and it's possible 3-4 might become the standard. The Campaign packs also had extra lords instead of a campaigns, so it throws lord counts off. Either way, leaves a lot a races the equivalent of 1-2 LPs behind the others. Two non cores were updated to match game 2 cores, so I don't see why that shouldn't happen for everyone. Regardless of how much free content a race gets, I think CA should work with GW to create some level of roster parity between core and non core races, like they did with the WE and BM.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that Her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
  • TheRealIronJazZTheRealIronJazZ Registered Users Posts: 333
    N1 poll. Need more of 'em.

"Embrace your hunger, your lust, your desire. The universe is ours for the taking."

• Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 3,019
    Araby of course.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,783
    Nurgle should get the most since he got the most content from GW.

So 3 LPs while the other gods would be fine with 2.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,519
    As long as there is potential content left to add a race should get support.

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,783
    Neodeinos said:

This basically.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,460
    Answered randomly because i couldnt decide
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 694
    This poll is really not funny.
    Blood for the Bloo... Blood DLC in Q3?! Khorne hate CA!
    Neodeinos said:

So endless LPs for Cathay? Awesome idea.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• b_tookb_took Registered Users Posts: 72
    Slaanesh needs an awful lot of . . . support.

Okay, I'll see myself out, now.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    dwarfs
    BsFG dwarf
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,997
    Chaos
    b_took said:

Slaanesh needs an awful lot of . . . support.

Half as much as you'd expect actually.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 11,023
    Considering that "Chaos" was last used as the name of a race in Warhammer Fantasy during 5th edition (or 6th if you consider the combination of HoC and BoC to be "Chaos"), and now it's eight races worth (even if one of those is entirely composed of units from the others), I'd say it's already happened.

And there's still more before anyone can reasonably say it's been done properly.

It's probably still going to receive less overall than "Order", though.
  • Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 1,829
    All of them should get everything they have in lore, but the game 3 factions take the biggest priority.
  • katana1231katana1231 Registered Users Posts: 58
    High elves should receive the most support
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,487

High elves should receive the most support

• That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 460
    Chaos
    Red Chaos is best Chaos.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...