Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Karanak and Scylla as SEM RoRs

endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,171
Karanak is a 3 headed flesh hound.

Scylla Anfingrim is a massive Khorne worshipping Chaos Spawn.

Both have unique models created by Games Workshop.

Both would be candidates for legendary hero status, but it is unlikely that CA will create multiple LHs for Khorne. After all, several factions don't have any LHs at all.

What about creating either or both as a Single Entity Model (SEM) Regiment of Renown (RoR) with their special model and maybe some special rules?

Although a RoR SEM is not as nifty as a legendary hero, it would still be a way for these special models to get into the game.

Comments

• 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    edited May 13
    Nop for me both of them are more of a legendary hero character ! (LL might be too far but I would love to have Karanak as a LL)
    If they are a RoR - it will be a let down.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,723
    No they should be LHs.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,468
    Some races have four LH. No reason to have only one per race.
  • Mini_BananaMini_Banana Registered Users Posts: 222
    Most LL and LH are juiced up versions of regular units, even if these particular units probably don't have too many brain cells, so I think the doors still open for them to be any of the above.
  • Maidros98Maidros98 Registered Users Posts: 400
    This the worst idea I've seen. I could easily see Karanak becoming a LH and Scyla a LL.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,626
    Why? This are actual characters not just normal units, they should be LH, I don't really get this idea.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,803
    That would almost be the same level of work to make them a unique RoR over a LH. The only difference is a skill tree and maybe a couple of lines of dialogue.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Why the hell would named legendary characters be RoR when they should instead be LLs?
    Maidros98 said:

This the worst idea I've seen. I could easily see Karanak becoming a LH and Scyla a LL.

I personally want Scyla as a LH but I wouldn’t be surprised if CA pulls a Nakai again.
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,070
    Why would you put Scylla as a LL when he he fit the LH with Skaar Bloodwrath as LL much more

But for Karanak either LL or LH which ever I'd preferred
    arthadaw said:

Why would you put Scylla as a LL when he he fit the LH with Skaar Bloodwrath as LL much more

Agreed, Khorne already has so manny great potential LL options and having 2 LHs might be fun.
  • Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 1,819
    endur said:

Karanak is a 3 headed flesh hound.

Scylla Anfingrim is a massive Khorne worshipping Chaos Spawn.

Both have unique models created by Games Workshop.

Both would be candidates for legendary hero status, but it is unlikely that CA will create multiple LHs for Khorne. After all, several factions don't have any LHs at all.

What about creating either or both as a Single Entity Model (SEM) Regiment of Renown (RoR) with their special model and maybe some special rules?

Although a RoR SEM is not as nifty as a legendary hero, it would still be a way for these special models to get into the game.

NO. LHs or bust.
    ArneSo said:

arthadaw said:

Agreed, Khorne already has so manny great potential LL options and having 2 LHs might be fun.
    Scylla could be tied to a LL (like Ghoritch) while Karanak could be the general Khorne LH (like Kroak).
    - Anonymous
  • NikolabracNikolabrac Registered Users Posts: 613
    Karanak is FLC LL material i mean in lore he leads other flesh hounds in hunts for those that disgrace Khorne
    And there already is a giant flesh hound in the prolouge(?)

Karanak is FLC LL material i mean in lore he leads other flesh hounds in hunts for those that disgrace Khorne

Karanak is literally just an animal, he doesn't lead armies in no shape or form, asking for him as a LL is like asking for Deathclaw.
    - Anonymous
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,070

Karanak is literally just an animal, he doesn't lead armies in no shape or form, asking for him as a LL is like asking for Deathclaw.
    That's a false equivalence. Karanak is a deamon, not a mindless beast

And Skarbrand is not more of a strategist than Karanak. The only problem with Karanak as a Faction leader is that he can't speak