Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Domination mode needs to be scraped

2»

Comments

• The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 1,767
    Very very glad to see land battles added to QB.

A good decision.

To now make things even better, refine both over time, it really shouldn't be that hard but an iterative process will see them both succeed and the MP fan base grow and grow
  • Spellbound55Spellbound55 Registered Users Posts: 1,469
    eumaies said:

Yup sounds like they will have both.

I’m actually a bit bummed in a way because land battle really just needs caps to be finished and I doubt we ever get that now. And domination can be a good game mode but I’m not entirely sure they’ll put in the effort to make it better. The best solution was probably in between the two. But we’ll see.

My hope is the comment about working on battle maps implies they're at least considering the idea of implementing capture points to land battles. It's certainly doable and it would make unit balance more comparable between the two modes. And if a sufficient number of maps are usable between the two game modes it would allow CA to double dip their work on maintenance which would minimize the risk of one getting left behind. But as you say, we just have to wait and see at this point.
  • whatabswhatabs Registered Users Posts: 95
    They should improve land battles by adding capture points. That is so simple to do, they already have a blueprint in domination battles. I would be happy even with untouched land battles going to rank mode. At least that way ppl can have a choice and as far as tournaments we have standard tour rules and thats that.

It is proven by now that people MUCH prefer watching tournament land battles than tournament domination battles. Its no brainer rly.. but hey.. this is CA we are talking about. They screwed up Wh3 even tho it was slam dunk. So we shall see. I would not put too much value on their "promises" on the roadmap.
  • Spellbound55Spellbound55 Registered Users Posts: 1,469
    whatabs said:

They should improve land battles by adding capture points. That is so simple to do, they already have a blueprint in domination battles. I would be happy even with untouched land battles going to rank mode. At least that way ppl can have a choice and as far as tournaments we have standard tour rules and thats that.

It is proven by now that people MUCH prefer watching tournament land battles than tournament domination battles. Its no brainer rly.. but hey.. this is CA we are talking about. They screwed up Wh3 even tho it was slam dunk. So we shall see. I would not put too much value on their "promises" on the roadmap.

So I agree on the capture points in land battles but I'm curious about the assertion that land battle tournaments are more popular than domination tournaments from a viewing perspective? I rarely make it to live showings of tournaments so I can't speak to active viewership but it looks like most of the streams show similar viewing counts. That obviously isn't a clean measurement of preference (people like watching warhammer and appreciate the community which is still there regardless of game mode) but I do think if we are trying to meaningfully influence CA's thinking we should get some data rather than just the opinion of the forum regulars who I think it's fair to say have something of a bias towards the old game mode. CA is also appealing to new players, content creators more generally, and tournament organizers who have different incentives than old players.
  • LepingLeping Registered Users Posts: 391
    Ask yourself as a viewer what is interesting about seeing a domination battle.

Not much to watch and comment in a melee grind in a capture point where reinforcement are throw at.

If you watch total war youtuber, see if they still feature domination battle. For mine it's a nope
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 910
    I used to watch Turin host land battle tournaments all the time I basically stopped watching once dominion became a reoccurring thing. Now idk if others followed suit or not.
  • TirisfalTirisfal Registered Users Posts: 26
    Leping said:

Ask yourself as a viewer what is interesting about seeing a domination battle.

Not much to watch and comment in a melee grind in a capture point where reinforcement are throw at.

If you watch total war youtuber, see if they still feature domination battle. For mine it's a nope

While I agree that domination is much worse to watch, if you look at the biggest TWW MP youtuber out there Turin you will see more Domination than Land battles even in most recent videos
  • sandercohensandercohen Registered Users Posts: 361
    Still looks like we have to wait for six months until we get a reworked chat functionality. I don't understand why they don't just add the old system in the meantime. Having a bare-bones chat functionality for mp is better than having no one at all.
  • BloodyStreamBloodyStream Registered Users Posts: 88

I used to watch Turin host land battle tournaments all the time I basically stopped watching once dominion became a reoccurring thing. Now idk if others followed suit or not.

The views for TWW channels have definitely dropped off, but I'm sure part of it is due to lack of factions / build diversity not just domination
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,577
    When's the next big tournament?
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,457
    remove reinforcement mechanic.

Landbattle + one capture point is the ideal solution for me
  • HolySaintKnightHolySaintKnight Registered Users Posts: 4,462
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 9,579
    Again, domination is perfect.

Stupid reinforcements are not. Remove reinforcements and dom is pretty much the dream mode
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.