Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER III - Patch Notes 1.2

Comments

• drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 1,040
    They didn't fix the crucial one: IMPROVEMENTS TO SINGLE-ENTITY UNITS DUELING WITH OTHER SINGLE-ENTITY UNITS even though it is in the roadmap.
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,834
    Are the tech tree changes enough ? hard to tell apart from Boundspell for exalted lord changes.

I really really wisehd SKarband got some love,especially to his items/abilities in Multiplayer,Hes way overpriced(as he should need to buff him more).
    But there are similar items on other LL/lords that are just better.

And he's not the best melee fighter in the game even in Wh3,in immortal empire he will get whooped by Few LL from WH2
    All i ask is for Skarband is to be the best melee fighter like CA said.

Also i don' think so +10 BVL is enough for skullcrusher should be around +18 + health bump,they are way tooo slow at 62,so they need punch hard and fast when they get in melee with any cav.

• KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,834
    Also Blue Horrors Should have been + 50 instead of +100 its an overkill

• SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,266
    hmmm nothing about sync kills in general or did I just read over that?
    Sigmar protect us all...

• SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    oh, btw : patch is live today ;)

They didn't fix the crucial one: IMPROVEMENTS TO SINGLE-ENTITY UNITS DUELING WITH OTHER SINGLE-ENTITY UNITS even though it is in the roadmap.

The video mentions it at around 2:00, although the patch notes do not specifically state it, there are fixes to the responsiveness of units.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,425

Huh.... good news for Ogre fans. Ogres apparently are a 'core' race.

Edit After Watching: Tbh... it's actually more fixes then I was expecting. I wasn't expecting the Greater Daemon units to get bound abilities certainly.

Will reserve judgement until we see it actually works - but looks like a strong first outing for the DLC team.

Patching is not done by the DLC team.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,448
    edited May 17

Edit After Watching: Tbh... it's actually more fixes then I was expecting. I wasn't expecting the Greater Daemon units to get bound abilities certainly.

Will reserve judgement until we see it actually works - but looks like a strong first outing for the DLC team.

It is. Well my nomenclature is incorrect - the Post-Release Support team. Regardless the team responsible for the Warhammer 2 DLC are the ones responsible for this patch.

There was a big note on the last blog post from Rich saying how his team would be taking over further TWWH 3 support.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,796
    Bies said:

RoRs

I sleep. 😴
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    Seriously these patches or RoRs won’t bring back players… just hurry up with IE for Ursuns sake.
  • Bloodthirster69Bloodthirster69 Registered Users Posts: 97
    edited May 17

As far as we know all further development of wh3 is done specifically by the dlc team,if that is the case then they infact are doing and are in charge of patching the game
    ArneSo said:

Seriously these patches or RoRs won’t bring back players… just hurry up with IE for Ursuns sake.

According to Legends Patch 1.2 video he talked to CA and "all hands are on deck for IE" and that's why there are no huge improvements for the Reallm of Chaos map

RIght at the beginning:
    Sigmar protect us all...

• TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,425

It is. Well my nomenclature is incorrect - the Post-Release Support team. Regardless the team responsible for the Warhammer 2 DLC are the ones responsible for this patch.

There was a big note on the last blog post from Rich saying how his team would be taking over further TWWH 3 support.
    Nope, you are wrong. The DLC teams don't even have programmers, they borrow them from the main team working in the next tent-pole title. We're talking about a couple of designers, that's all. Rich's message is very generic and he only explicitly confirms that he's delivering new content and DLCs.
    Schub said:

ArneSo said:

According to Legends Patch 1.2 video he talked to CA and "all hands are on deck for IE" and that's why there are no huge improvements for the Reallm of Chaos map

RIght at the beginning:
    I‘m fine with that. I won’t watch the video since I can’t stand Legends voice but I believe you mate.

Good that they are making IE the top priority.
    Schub said:

ArneSo said:

RIght at the beginning:
    Huh... don't often get on-board with Legend; but (at least the intro) to that video was fairly on-point. The sad reality is RoC probably should be dropped in favour of making IE the best it can be.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,460
    First 3 miles done. Just 999 997 left.

Just keep going and before you know it you will have reached the end.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.

I mean.. it was a strong patch - delivered ontime; by the DLC team we all know and love from game 2. I know we are all salty about the slow IE release (at least I am); but might aswell be positive about what is (by all accounts) a strong step forward.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 1,289

Are the tech tree changes enough ? hard to tell apart from Boundspell for exalted lord changes.

I really really wisehd SKarband got some love,especially to his items/abilities in Multiplayer,Hes way overpriced(as he should need to buff him more).
    But there are similar items on other LL/lords that are just better.

And he's not the best melee fighter in the game even in Wh3,in immortal empire he will get whooped by Few LL from WH2
    All i ask is for Skarband is to be the best melee fighter like CA said.

Also i don' think so +10 BVL is enough for skullcrusher should be around +18 + health bump,they are way tooo slow at 62,so they need punch hard and fast when they get in melee with any cav.

lol Skarbrand does not need combat buffs. He is by far the best melee lord around in any game. Buffing him would make him hilariously op.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,460
    edited May 17

I mean.. it was a strong patch - delivered ontime; by the DLC team we all know and love from game 2. I know we are all salty about the slow IE release (at least I am); but might aswell be positive about what is (by all accounts) a strong step forward.
    3 strong steps forward. 999 997 left.

And i havee patience to wait. And yeah the dlc team did a great job with wh2
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,994

3 strong steps forward. 999 997 left.

And i havee patience to wait. And yeah the dlc team did a great job with wh2
    What exactly is in these remaining 999'997 miles?
  • mm3791mm3791 Registered Users Posts: 177
    Awesome start DLC team, especially the Technology tree fixes and auto-mount feature. Keep up the great work
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 583
    This is another quality update that will make the arrival of IE that much better. Honestly I only have a few gripes left with the game as is, and those look to be addressed in the next patch.

Future is definitely exciting!
  • raynayraynay Registered Users Posts: 12
    Well, good start, hope most of my mods will survive it BUT main question i havent read is. did the improve some hero skilltrees (now that they even get rid of mounts) and give them some more options?
    raynay said:

Well, good start, hope most of my mods will survive it BUT main question i havent read is. did the improve some hero skilltrees (now that they even get rid of mounts) and give them some more options?

Skill trees have not been reworked this patch - next patch they will be.
  • NVNMNVNM Registered Users Posts: 182
    The AI and AR changes are the most important parts. We shall see how much they will affect campaigns. I have my doubts.

Schub said:

ArneSo said:

RIght at the beginning:
    Huh... don't often get on-board with Legend; but (at least the intro) to that video was fairly on-point. The sad reality is RoC probably should be dropped in favour of making IE the best it can be.
    Maybe the original plan was that the first LP was a simple one WH 3 LP vs one WH 3 LP and the Lord would have taken part in the RoC race (like the first LP took part in the Vortex race). But after the player feedback they now have to make a different LP.
    Sigmar protect us all...

• DulahanDulahan Registered Users Posts: 344
    The Mount thing is huge. Might actually use the early ones now.
    Dulahan said:

The Mount thing is huge. Might actually use the early ones now.

Karl Franz has 3 mounts before Deathclaw; I haven't used a single one since Warhammer 1 days where the mount perks were a linear line of requirement.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,803
    The patch is out now (im looking at steamdb) ? Can anyone confirm (anyone that still has the game installed) ?
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • zhijuncai521zhijuncai521 Registered Users Posts: 20
    1v0 said:

The patch is out now (im looking at steamdb) ? Can anyone confirm (anyone that still has the game installed) ?

My game is updating. lol
  • drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 1,040
    So it seems that the game has to be installed once again -.-