Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Galrauch - What shall we do with the Chaos Dragon

LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,468
edited May 17 in General Discussion
Shave his belly with a rusty razor? With 3+ save we wouldn't even scratch him.

Put him in the bed with Prince Sigvald? That could be fun!

Add him to the game? Now we are talking! But how?

Thanks to DTAPPSNZ <</div>

Galrauch - What shall we do with the Chaos Dragon 97 votes

Lord, WoC
25% 25 votes
Hero, WoC
15% 15 votes
Lord, Tzeentch
36% 35 votes
Hero, Tzeentch
14% 14 votes
He shouldn't be in the game (I hate fun)
0% 0 votes
Who is Galrauch?
8% 8 votes
Post edited by Loreguy on

Comments

• DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 1,491
    edited May 17
    Not that I don't want him but he would be my least anticipated Legendary Lord/Hero.

He shares exactly the same model and a Chaos Dragon that's just Red and Blue.

We got Frost Wyrms stealing that model too.

Edit: Don't believe me? Notice the name on the bottom left of this official render.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,426
    I'll say one thing that would be a nice easy win for the WoC rework. Adding the chaos dragon as a 'unit' not just a hero mount. Similar to all the other dragon factions.
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 729
    edited May 17
    Tzeentch changed him but he is not really aligned with him. (<- Edit: Wrong understanding of 6th ed. from my part)

Not sure he is interesting enough to become a LL while he could be a nice LH.

(Take an agree for your great use of Drunken Sailor)
    Post edited by MalalTheRenegade on
  • Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,490
    I’ve put Hero - Tzeentch as I think that’s best but I wouldn’t be adverse to him being a WoC Hero either.

The problem with him being a Lord (and as a Lord he definitely should be Tzeentch not WoC) is that he’s kind of redundant against Egrim who is much cooler and brings another Lore potentially (spellcasting two headed dragon vs spellcaster on a two headed dragon)
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,408
    He'd be an interesting and unusual Legendary Lord for Tzeentch.

• vg45vg45 DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 180

Tzeentch changed him but he is not really aligned with him.

LOL, he is a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch possessing a Star Dragon.

I’ve put Hero - Tzeentch as I think that’s best but I wouldn’t be adverse to him being a WoC Hero either.

The problem with him being a Lord (and as a Lord he definitely should be Tzeentch not WoC) is that he’s kind of redundant against Egrim who is much cooler and brings another Lore potentially (spellcasting two headed dragon vs spellcaster on a two headed dragon)

I was looking for a reason why anyone would want him as a hero, thank you for posting. I though, can't entirely agree with your post. Galrauch has the split personality thing going on, which could be implemented in a similar way to Luthor Harkon of the Vampire Coast. There are also plenty of enemies for the Empire in Chaos, a sorcerous rivalry between Tzeentch and the High Elves could be interesting. Lore of Light is nice, but Kairos can already get Net of Amyntok in campaign mode.
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,468
    Garlauch is not lord material imho. Sleeping for ages, spread havoc, fall asleep again. I can't imagine him leading armies and building cities... but hey there is Nakai.

And is Garlauch really Garlauch? Shouldn't be LL Fateclaw with Garlauch as a very special "mount" (hence lord/hero for Tzeentch).
  • Horus89Horus89 Registered Users Posts: 261
    edited May 17
    He's my favorite Tzeentch character, so I hope he'll be a Tzeentch LL.
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 729
    vg45 said:

Tzeentch changed him but he is not really aligned with him.

LOL, he is a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch possessing a Star Dragon.
    My bad, you are right. I always thought the possession ended after its transformation.

It does not seem he engaged in very Tzeentchy actions though (but again as pointed out above, I am not a big expert on Galrauch).
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,855
    Since the first Cathay trailer I kinda want Glaurauch as a Tzeentch Lord who is summoned by cathayan cultist to usurp the dragon emperor. I find this a fitting scenario for a lord pack, and it gives an interesting spin to the tzeentch-cathay rivalry.
    Of course this was before we saw how small Cathay is on the TWW3 map, where there is sadly little room for another tzeentchian presence currently. Still Glaurauch fighting cathayan dragons is something I dearly want to see some day.

But I still think that this chaos dragon should be a Lord choice for Tzeentch.

First he is an interesting character; A greater Demon of Tzeetnch who posessed a noble dragon, with the dragons concisnous still fighting back sometimes. So he is very heavily bound to Tzeetnch already and has an interesting inner conflict.

Second he would be a unique monstrous lord choice, as he is a purley monstrous dragon, which is still a potent sorcerer (due to being partly demon of Tzeentch). E.g. whereas cathayan dragons only have limited spells whilst in dragon form, this creature could have access to a full spell rooster and several interesting bound abilities.

Third due to his dual nature and background as the first chaos dragon and father of chaos dragons there could be some interesting campaign mechanics for him.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,855
    Loreguy said:

Garlauch is not lord material imho. Sleeping for ages, spread havoc, fall asleep again. I can't imagine him leading armies and building cities... but hey there is Nakai.

Do not forget Kholek Suneater, who also fits your description, but is one of the most fun lords for the WoC.
    Loreguy said:

And is Garlauch really Garlauch? Shouldn't be LL Fateclaw with Garlauch as a very special "mount" (hence lord/hero for Tzeentch).

Fateclaw possessed Glaurauchs body and mutated him, but the entity is still known as Galrauch in all incarnations, as it is seen as a new form of being. Much like how we speak of Durthu as a singular entitity and not of a tree fused with a forest spirit.

Even if remnants of the noble dragon once were are still trying to fight against the demons influence from time to time.

Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,626
    Cathay can't be only one with actual dragons as LL, he would be cool for a Tzeentch Vs Cathay LP.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,317
    edited May 17
    I really don't give a damn about Galrauch. I'd rather basically any other Tzeentch character you could think of(assuming we only get like, max 6 tzeentch characters over the lifetime of the game, and personally I am not sure we will).

If we got him I wouldn't be upset at all, but I just don't see the big deal.
  • IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,197
    I think he's cool and would love him as Tzeenchian threat to the high elves
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,324
    He should have starred in the LP against Imrik in Game3, but this ship has unfortunately sailed. What a terribly-missed opportunity.

With my mind's eye I see the final cutscene, heart-pierced Galrauch crashes on the ground, Imrik approaches and places his hand on the dragon's chest, he hears his slowing heartbeat, and listens to his final words, words of thanks.

The second best option is to set him against Cathay, and put him on a path to corrupt one of the siblings. He can be the reverse Malus, with Galrauch fighting Fateclaw over the control of the body.
  • Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,490

He should have starred in the LP against Imrik in Game3, but this ship has unfortunately sailed. What a terribly-missed opportunity.

With my mind's eye I see the final cutscene, heart-pierced Galrauch crashes on the ground, Imrik approaches and places his hand on the dragon's chest, he hears his slowing heartbeat, and listens to his final words, words of thanks.

The second best option is to set him against Cathay, and put him on a path to corrupt one of the siblings. He can be the reverse Malus, with Galrauch fighting Fateclaw over the control of the body.

Vs Bohemund Beastslayer might work quite well as well tbh.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,709
    Ideally he would be a LL for Tzeentch with a fully unique model.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • DrJammatDrJammat Registered Users Posts: 329

Vs Bohemund Beastslayer might work quite well as well tbh.
    Boehmond or Jaspere le Beau Brets vs Warriors of Chaos or Tzeench led by Galrauch (I'd be happy with either) for a very cliche'd George v Dragon campaign.
  • Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 1,818
    Loreguy said:

Shave his belly with a rusty razor? With 3+ save we wouldn't even scratch him.

Put him in the bed with Prince Sigvald? That could be fun!

Add him to the game? Now we are talking! But how?

Thanks to DTAPPSNZ <</div>
    Mount for Archaon. Sorry Dorghar, but you aren't performing well.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,737
    Krunch said:

I really don't give a damn about Galrauch. I'd rather basically any other Tzeentch character you could think of(assuming we only get like, max 6 tzeentch characters over the lifetime of the game, and personally I am not sure we will).

If we got him I wouldn't be upset at all, but I just don't see the big deal.

Well for one, it gives the Lord of Change something other than just standard mortals. It always make me wonder when people make a god or entity that's supposed to be about change, with high emphasis on mutation but his followers, particularly his heros and lords end up bog standard like his peers. This has often been a particularly area of failure by GW in my opinion. The Chaos lord that should perhaps the biggest variety doesn't even on TT.

But safe to say, I'd buy it.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,211
    gaulruch would make a great foil to cathay as a LL. i feel he'd be wasted as a hero.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 2,042
    He couldn't lead armies. It's LH material, just like Scyla.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    Lord for sure (most likely WoC) and please CA give Chaos dragons to WoC - The game is full with dragons now EVEN NORSCA has a "drake" but Chaos NOP...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,737

He couldn't lead armies. It's LH material, just like Scyla.

People saying this with a straight face after Nakaii. Lol
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,709
    1v0 said:

Lord for sure (most likely WoC) and please CA give Chaos dragons to WoC - The game is full with dragons now EVEN NORSCA has a "drake" but Chaos NOP...

Most likely not WoC since he’s Tzeentch aligned.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,035
    hope we get either a new galrauch model (to not be 1 for 1 like the unit model) or an new model for the generic chaos dragons among the lines of pick related

• DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,963
    Completely retcon his backstory so he's an Undivided former Cathayan Dragon. Make him a WoC or DoC LL.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Maidros98Maidros98 Registered Users Posts: 400

Completely retcon his backstory so he's an Undivided former Cathayan Dragon. Make him a WoC or DoC LL.

What's the point? Why not add a corrupted Cathayan dragon and Galrauch at the same time?
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,963
    Maidros98 said:

What's the point? Why not add a corrupted Cathayan dragon and Galrauch at the same time?

2 dragon Chaos LLs? Seems unlikely.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • lcmiraclelcmiracle Registered Users Posts: 707
    Maidros98 said:

What if, Galrauch the LL, and Yien-Ya-Long a LH