Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Thoughts on new RoR's

KrunchKrunch Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 5,319
edited May 17 in General Discussion
My personal thoughts on the new RoR's, basically expanded from a reddit comment I made.

I find it kind of hilarious that they marketed the Ogre Kingdom RoR as an anti-armor maneater pistol unit, and then in the patch notes it's revealed that they reduced the regular maneater pistol's AP. Thanks I guess? They do look cool though, they seem to have actual Imperial armor assets on which is very nice.

Dune Dragons are kinda underwhelming and not really something Cathay needed(and they are desperate for something!). Encourage is only like +4 leadership in a super small aura, not exactly worldbeaters. Guardian Aura or something like that would probably have been stronger and more appreciated, or some other thing to make them stand out more.

The Exalted Daemonette RoR basically being Witch-Elves with perfect vigor will be interesting, and I think they'll be very strong, but also very, very expensive I assume.

More firepower for Tzeentch is always good I guess, and as I recall blue horrors do have pretty low ammo so it might synergize well in MP and SP alike.

Better Bloodletters is not ever a bad thing, but not very exciting.

Exalted Plaguebearers with regeneration AND model replenishment sounds absolutely disgusting though, I have a feeling those fellows will simply refuse to die. I will be very interested in seeing how they are used in MP.

Tzar Guard with flaming attacks is kinda boring but not terrible.

Comments

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,448
    edited May 17
    • Armoured Bloodletters - may seem boring to some. But it's actually something I've wanted for a long time.
    • Nuln Ogres - Look nice; apparently fill a niche (which has just been created). A good RoR.
    • Dune Dragons - Exceedingly boring IMPO. I don't see them doing much that Celestial Guard didn't already.
    • Bringers of Beguilement - Will probably be a lot more impactful and interesting on the MP scene; where rampage can be a game winning effect.
    • Festering Stooges - Model replenishment is interesting. But very meh.
    • Blazing Squealers - Ammo replenishment is also interesting... but again - meh.
    • Drazh's Hearth Blades - If they have big flashy flame effects... might be okay. Gives Kislev access to a damage type they were sorely missing which is something kind of interesting.

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,641
    They aren't bad, I always like RoR with gimmicks.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
    Another thought - that Hellforged host is very possibly now the most powerful infantry unit in the game in straight 1v1 combat....
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,319
    Just realized, the Hearth Blades are also the first unit that is associated with a Kislevite God besides the Patriarchs too!

God we desperately need an Orthodoxy focused LP :(

Another thought - that Hellforged host is very possibly now the most powerful infantry unit in the game in straight 1v1 combat....

Could very well be! It sounded like they had increased armor AND damage too, so I bet they'll be absolute can openers while being quite survivable. I doubt they'll have super high armor but even 80 armor would make them quite tanky when stacked with their damage resistance. I just hope it's an actual significant increase and not like, just 60 armor.

Also good spot on the Hearth Blades flame attacks being unique to them, it's not something I considered. Could have utility against any factions with regeneration.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,451
    edited May 17
    The Tzeentch Squealers looks to be disappointing as was expected of a Tzeentch RoR. Slaanesh one looks pretty good.

• Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,514
    Djau said:

The Tzeentch Squealers looks to be disappointing as was expected of a Tzeentch RoR. Slaanesh one looks pretty good.

Potentially synergies well with exalted flamer though which has low ammo but high damage.
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,834
    They need to really buff up the Exalted infantry variants of Daemon units,They are not worth the cost at all in both campaign and multiplayer.

• KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,834

Djau said:

Potentially synergies well with exalted flamer though which has low ammo but high damage.
    yeah i think its the only that is good and interesting,But its shame on its on the exalted pink horror whose base version is way overpriced

• SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    The Cathay RoR has magical attacks and reduced damage from magical attacks, from its description. Might come in handy.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 1,202
    and reduced damage from magical attacks, from its description.
    Ward save?
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,156
    Hellforged Host: it's exactly what I asked for in the past ror's posts, lv9 with better armor and MD is enough, this brings a little bigger impact than most imagine, don't forget the passive hellblade that is activated with 80 kills, when less blooletters are killed in the process until the activation of the most efficient skill this becomes possibly top 3 best infantry in the game (I still think they will lose to
    Krimson Killerz).

Festering Stooges: I thought it was pretty predictable, I've talked about regen on this infantry before, but the passive to recover units, oh man this is going to be gross, was a nice addition and Nurgle's centerpiece to hold the center in domination.

Blazing Squealers: in theory it would be nice with flamers, but it looks pretty meh still, the unit I see benefiting the most from this the flying chariot will never position itself near them, maybe useful with exaulted flamer.

Bringers of Beguilement: second rampage that slaanesh has access to, can become toxic depending on the player in question, I can get this unit being a good combo with the soul grinder and the great demon.

They are good units to use in domination , with the exception of the pink horror RoR which is kind of meh , I can see very interesting uses for the other 3.

From what I've seen from MP games, these elite infantry in domination are great for winning flanks and these units in my opinion will be auto pick in Nurgle vs Khorne (which is currently is super common).

The rest I am not able to say, I have not follow the meta of these factions of order.

xDEMOSx said:

Hellforged Host: it's exactly what I asked for in the past ror's posts, lv9 with better armor and MD is enough, this brings a little bigger impact than most imagine, don't forget the passive hellblade that is activated with 80 kills, when less blooletters are killed in the process until the activation of the most efficient skill this becomes possibly top 3 best infantry in the game (I still think they will lose to
    Krimson Killerz).

Festering Stooges: I thought it was pretty predictable, I've talked about regen on this infantry before, but the passive to recover units, oh man this is going to be gross, was a nice addition and Nurgle's centerpiece to hold the center in domination.

Blazing Squealers: in theory it would be nice with flamers, but it looks pretty meh still, the unit I see benefiting the most from this the flying chariot will never position itself near them, maybe useful with exaulted flamer.

Bringers of Beguilement: second rampage that slaanesh has access to, can become toxic depending on the player in question, I can get this unit being a good combo with the soul grinder and the great demon.

They are good units to use in domination , with the exception of the pink horror RoR which is kind of meh , I can see very interesting uses for the other 3.

From what I've seen from MP games, these elite infantry in domination are great for winning flanks and these units in my opinion will be auto pick in Nurgle vs Khorne (which is currently is super common).

The rest I am not able to say, I have not follow the meta of these factions of order.

In the far future; the Flaming Tzar Guard will be an instant pick against the 3 undead factions... but we have along way to go until that point.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,783
    I care about them as much as I care about the pack of rice in my cupboard.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,803
    edited May 17
    I'm 50/50 - it's exactly what I expected (thou I really like khorne RoR) so - not bad but also not great - just good.

Anyway the real winner of the 3 free rors is Daniel by the end of the free RoRs all races will have 3 and he will have 12 RoRs :D .
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • LegendaryArticunoLegendaryArticuno Registered Users Posts: 501
    They're just boring recolours. Modders put way more effort in their unit packs.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,216
    edited May 17
    They’re low hanging fruit. Nice to have but nothing overly exciting. They’re essentially recolors with better stats.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 3,429
    pretty bland (but strong). Shame they are all just infantry units. Would have been nice to see ROR skullcrushers, doomknights, hellstriders, gryphon legion, ice guard, crane gunners etc i.e a mix of different unit types
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,078
    They’re…whatever I guess. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten excited about a RoR and most of them don’t even look that different.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,644
    They're mostly boring.
  • MeiBayettaMeiBayetta Registered Users Posts: 39
    Since Cathay was lacking a Magical Unit damage dealing infantry. to me they are perfect.
  • roekkumroekkum Registered Users Posts: 422
    It had been nice if the Maneater variants in RoR actually wasn't yet more pirates, since their unit on tabletop is so varied. (disclaimer: I've only seen the thumbnail though)
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,783
    roekkum said:

It had been nice if the Maneater variants in RoR actually wasn't yet more pirates, since their unit on tabletop is so varied. (disclaimer: I've only seen the thumbnail though)

Yeah the flanderisation of Pirates in the Ogre roster starts to get mildly annoying.

I bet 2 bottles of Rum that Golgfag will start in Lustria once hes added.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    ArneSo said:

Okay, BUT do you like rice? Important question to understand the real impact here. We can't mindlessly speculate here, the forum will be all over the place.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,336
    The Hellforged Host does look cool. And the Blazing Squealers look like the opposite of it.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 2,610
    Vildvarg said:

ArneSo said:

Okay, BUT do you like rice? Important question to understand the real impact here. We can't mindlessly speculate here, the forum will be all over the place.
    No, he doesn't like rice. Anyone saying he does is just a White Knight for rice. I hate all the rice fanboys.