Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Patch problems, uninstalled

damiancampdamiancamp Registered Users Posts: 10
edited May 18 in Performance & Graphics
I have 6000+ hours in 2 and about 20 in 3. Tried to download new patch today, had so many issues - I need to have four times the disk space available than it takes up during the download, and this time it just wouldn't download no matter what I tried. So I gave up. I realized I wouldn't play it anyway and uninstalled and reinstalled TWWH2.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,709
    edited May 17
    Get a better computer son.

Blames CA for his bad computer and then realises he didn’t want to play it on his bad computer anyway.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,737
    I mean, Warhammer II did that exact same thing and you don't need four times the disk spaced. The SSD I have it installed on doesn't have that space left.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,803
    Thats how I patch because I have like 200GB free - I unistall the game and download it again (already patched) so I don't need to have the 2x(or more) 120 gb needed. It might be a bit slower if you have slow net thou.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    You certainly do not need to have that amount of space available. Although a good rule of thumb with any hard drive or SSD is to always allow 10% free space, as this is a Windows necessity to run most applications properly, it will often need to write some stuff and needs the extra free space.

I have precisely 10% extra space and I had no issues. So chances are you are forgetting a couple things when patching, like ensuring no other tasks are being conducted, firewall and antivirus permissions (as it may need them again once the .exe file is replaced), etc. Definitely on your end, mate.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 716
    People still don't understand patches, smh
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,216
    Sounds like a you problem.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,466
    I never had this kind of problem in every update thankfully. You have my sympathy
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,336
    Moved.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file