Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

According to Legend, CA is now fully focusing on IE release, rather than fixing RoC

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,534
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,534

CA is actually focusing on the next tent-pole title (40K?). That has already been confirmed by official sources. Legend is either wrong or referring to the skeleton crew remaining and mainly tasked with delivering DLCs.

What are your official sources? Do you have proof?
    No, I imagine he doesn’t, we do not know what CA are focusing on and by how much. They have made it clear the WH3 is a major priority for them especially considering the amount of revenue they get from DLC. IE is currently their focus, although they could well be in pre production for another game.
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 715
    Good, coming from someone who highly preferred the Vortex over ME, RoC is so bad, I'm desperately waiting for IE, so this is a relief
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,722
    So the devs finally figured out what will
    Bring back players? Good! Better late than never I guess.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,971
    IE should have been the focus from the start. They should have had it ready for day one and if it wasn't they should have delayed the game until they could do a simultaneous release.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    edited May 17
    By the way are there new regions ? (or is that really for 2.0 update) Nothing was said about it in the patch notes.
    Remember the Mac version had new regions to the race for the souls map.

EDIT:I wrote the comment in the wrong topic (i wanted to write it in the 1.2.0 topic by Bies)...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • NVNMNVNM Registered Users Posts: 182
    DTAPPSNZ said:

NVNM said:

Good. RoC needs to be taken out back, shot, buried and forgotten.

Or you know they could try and improve it. If IE fails on launch, will you shoot and bury that also?
    I'd make a statement along the lines of "Sorry guys, here's a button to disable the RoC system for now, meanwhile we're focusing on IE and afterwards we'll try to rework the RoC slightly."
  • drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 1,038
    The realm of chaos is the lost cause. Full speed ahead to IE!
  • Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,490
    NVNM said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

NVNM said:

Good. RoC needs to be taken out back, shot, buried and forgotten.

Or you know they could try and improve it. If IE fails on launch, will you shoot and bury that also?
    I'd make a statement along the lines of "Sorry guys, here's a button to disable the RoC system for now, meanwhile we're focusing on IE and afterwards we'll try to rework the RoC slightly."
    A frequency drop down that controls the time between rounds of rifts would be best IMO, like the one for the Chaos Invasion in ME.

So you can make it a bit faster for the challenge/a quicker campaign; make it slower if you like it but want more time to build your empire between realms; or just turn it off entirely if you hate it and go for domination.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,706
    ArneSo said:

3 month's to the day? Sheesh.

When I (and many many others) could see the flaws inside the first 2 hours?

Big yikes.
    Glory matters not.

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    Hopefully that also means IE Only DLC
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,425

CA is actually focusing on the next tent-pole title (40K?). That has already been confirmed by official sources. Legend is either wrong or referring to the skeleton crew remaining and mainly tasked with delivering DLCs.

Where are you getting all this provably false information? The team working on TWWH 3 are now the same team that was working on TWWH 2 for the last 4 years?

I don't know if you are just trying to create drama - but please stop spreading rumours.

Umm, about the next tent-pole title, it is mentioned in the roadmap. 40K is a likely candidate. Not certain though, thus the question mark. You can check who works where in the credits. But if you want confirmation, you can ask former CA employees, like Darren.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,426

Where are you getting all this provably false information? The team working on TWWH 3 are now the same team that was working on TWWH 2 for the last 4 years?

I don't know if you are just trying to create drama - but please stop spreading rumours.

Umm, about the next tent-pole title, it is mentioned in the roadmap. 40K is a likely candidate. Not certain though, thus the question mark. You can check who works where in the credits. But if you want confirmation, you can ask former CA employees, like Darren.
    Then don't say it is certain - and no it's not a skeleton crew; it's the team that delivered us 4 years of TWWH2 updates and patches that we all loved and enjoyed.

Basically - stop spreading rumours...
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,722
    Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

3 month's to the day? Sheesh.

When I (and many many others) could see the flaws inside the first 2 hours?

Big yikes.
    Main issue was that CA moved away the main Devs at the worst possible moment.

If the main team would’ve worked on the patches, while the DLC team worked on what they are supposed to work on, we would enjoy the Chaos Dwarfs announcement trailer now while playing our favourite LLs on IE.

But unfortunately the DLC team had to work on something they where never meant to work on.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Ironhawk97Ironhawk97 Registered Users Posts: 326
    In my honest opinion, that's probably a good call (if true). Most issues with RoC are about as addressed as they're going to be, and most things players hate can be disabled or changed through mods. It's pretty clear the significant majority of the playerbase just wants the full campaign at this point.

It's probably too optimistic to make this assumption, but hopefully this means that IE will be fully playable for people who only own the third game, because doing so will allow them to focus on inserting new factions exclusively on that map instead of trying to shoehorn them into Realms of Chaos. I have serious doubts that this will affect the release timetable however, and I'd rather they release it in a more polished state than rushing to failure, anyway. Part of me wonders if this move has nothing to do with the playerbase and is more about unsatisfactory progress that may otherwise not be ready for the proposed beta release.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,737
    Well, IE is supposed to be in the next patch so this makes perfect sense. They want it to be polished, it's a big chance at a jump to the series so no doubt they're giving it the big focus.

People should not take this as abandonment of the RoC campaign. It's merely IE's Turn, as laid out in their roadmap. They will likely spend a good chunk of time getting it prepped to release and since it's in 'beta' stage as that's said then a "Regardless of which path we choose, one major focus of either will be the Immortal Empires game mode, which will be seeing *big* improvements in the last build of the year.", quote from the roadmap for the final quarter.

Once they have IE in a good state at that point I expect them to go back to a DLC emphasis and start layering in more fixes for RoC.

I didn't really think The Vortex Campaign was that great till well over a year of game 2, it was after over a year of patches and DLC I often started campaigns there. RoC is salvageable and I expect them to do so. Slowly.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,583
    IE's the heart of the game, I wouldn't expect anything less.

I do think they'll do the odd fix for RoC over time though, they'll make it better, just over multiple patches rather than trying to fix it in one go.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,035
    a smart decision, godspeed to the current DLC Team! <3

and i hope that whorever had the "brilliant" idead of underdevelop and not work for a fast release of the main selling point of the franchise, IE, even though they got like 8 years of feedback from the community, be thrice demoted at the very least
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,425

Then don't say it is certain - and no it's not a skeleton crew; it's the team that delivered us 4 years of TWWH2 updates and patches that we all loved and enjoyed.

Basically - stop spreading rumours...
    Umm, there was a question mark. Or are you referring to the fact that they are working in the next tent-pole game? Because that's a fact. What do you think the main team is doing? Watching the clouds passing by? Once the product is released, the main team moves to the next project, as CA has already confirmed in regards to WH3. It's a pretty small team, just a handful of guys, which is more than enough, considering DLCs' limited budget and scope. Not spreading rumours, just facts.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,547
    Nyxilis said:

Well, IE is supposed to be in the next patch so this makes perfect sense. They want it to be polished, it's a big chance at a jump to the series so no doubt they're giving it the big focus.

People should not take this as abandonment of the RoC campaign. It's merely IE's Turn, as laid out in their roadmap. They will likely spend a good chunk of time getting it prepped to release and since it's in 'beta' stage as that's said then a "Regardless of which path we choose, one major focus of either will be the Immortal Empires game mode, which will be seeing *big* improvements in the last build of the year.", quote from the roadmap for the final quarter.

Once they have IE in a good state at that point I expect them to go back to a DLC emphasis and start layering in more fixes for RoC.

I didn't really think The Vortex Campaign was that great till well over a year of game 2, it was after over a year of patches and DLC I often started campaigns there. RoC is salvageable and I expect them to do so. Slowly.

Nope, 1.3 first. IE comes with 2.0.

If this trend continues i guess 1.3 in july wwith 2.0 and IE in september.
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 577
    Laindesh said:

Nyxilis said:

So far the “trend” has been roughly every 1.5 months for a patch.

Game Release - Feb 17
    Patch 1.1 - April 4
    Patch 1.2 - May 17
    Patch 1.3 - First week of July??
    Patch 2.0 - Mid August??

Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part, but it seems like a reasonable timeline.

Laindesh said:

Nyxilis said:

Game Release - Feb 17
    Patch 1.1 - April 4
    Patch 1.2 - May 17
    Patch 2.0 - Mid August??

Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part, but it seems like a reasonable timeline.
    Quite possible. I think it almost entirely depends on how lucky they get. Smooth sailing and it's mid August. Buggy waters and it's September. It's basically just luck.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,216
    As it should be.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,458
    edited May 18
    ArneSo said:

Yeah to bad you didnt see this when i saw it. A looong time ago.

But yeah better late than never.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,458

Laindesh said:

Nyxilis said:

Game Release - Feb 17
    Patch 1.1 - April 4
    Patch 1.2 - May 17
    Patch 2.0 - Mid August??

Quite possible. I think it almost entirely depends on how lucky they get. Smooth sailing and it's mid August. Buggy waters and it's September. It's basically just luck.
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get"
    Gary Player
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.

Laindesh said:

Nyxilis said:

Game Release - Feb 17
    Patch 1.1 - April 4
    Patch 1.2 - May 17
    Patch 2.0 - Mid August??

"The harder you work, the luckier you get"
    Gary Player
    Except that's just not true. Luck plays a huge part in success, people just don't like to admit it because they think it devalues where they are. Luck plays a huge factor in success. It's okay to recognise that.

As I said if CA gets lucky I wouldn't be surprised at an August release if not sooner.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,803

a smart decision, godspeed to the current DLC Team! <3

and i hope that whorever had the "brilliant" idead of underdevelop and not work for a fast release of the main selling point of the franchise, IE, even though they got like 8 years of feedback from the community, be thrice demoted at the very least </p>

I am very happy to see that too, as we see in the roadmap and the newest patch they no changed how the soul race work.

Honestly is the best decision for now! Yes ca shouldn't abbadon the soulrace but fixing bugs, improving balance, making better game changes (like more field battle instead of minor sieges) and making more qol (like the mount change) is really now the best thing to do, because even if they put ressources in to fixing the main campagne just would suffer a other aspect of the game make a good ie start, make the game good playable and give people what they want then we have a good ground to improve other aspect of the game.

• GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Registered Users Posts: 1,549
    I think it's fairly obvious given that there were absolutely zero changes to the Realm of Chaos campaign apart from making neutral factions less rubbish at dealing with portals.

All of the effects of the latest patch have been stuff that will transfer into Immortal Empires.

And yeah, they *should* at some point find some time to make the campaign everyone gets better rather than just progressively making it *less*.
    • Cut down the AI cheating in the Realm of Tzeentch especially (at least make it take 8 or so turns to get through not 5).
    • Stop all the interactables stealing movement so you actually benefit from your movement range there and in the realm of Slaanesh.
    • Make the realm completion effects persistent bonuses which are specific to the realm (ideally they scale in power based on the order you get them so you have more choices to make), make the campaign completion effect faction specific and tie it to what the narrative says you achieved.
    • Make Be'lakor less rubbish by giving him at least a generic redline (like eg. a skill that gives all units in his army +5 MA/MD/WS and one that gives them all +5 Range/Ammo/Missile Damage, then an upgraded version of each that triples the bonus but locks out the other equivalent, so he can be a good commander for any army and so feel more like a reward for winning)
  • K3KevilinioK3Kevilinio Registered Users Posts: 396
    Bring it as fast as possible. The Beta can't be fast enough! :)
  • TenraiSenshiTenraiSenshi Registered Users Posts: 26
    As someone who owns all three games, I'm happy about the decision to focus on Immortal Empire. If it was just about my own feelings, I'd much rather have the team get IE to a great state rather than have them spending time, energy and resources on trying to rework the chaos campaign (I think patch 1.2 goes a long way to fixing a lot of the technical gripes, so the most glaring issues right now are more about design choices).

That being said, I think it can also be seen as a bad thing for people who only own game 3. I'm not sure what the numbers are like, but I think anyone who pays full price for a game deserves to get a good product in return, and they shouldn't have to buy all three games just to get an ideal campaign experience. Luckily there are mods that disable the chaos rifts for those who don't like them, but I also don't think that the main campaign for TWW3 should be swept completely under the rug, even if it's not the main development priority.

TLDR: I'm personally happy, but others might not be.