Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ranged units and responsiveness in general: are they actually fixed?

ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior MemberItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,990
edited May 17 in General Discussion
Can anybody who still has the game installed at this time please give their opinion whether the changes to units responsiveness listed in the patch notes are actually effective? Or is it just another tiny step in the right direction, but still tangibly clunkier than WH2?

This was one of the biggest issues for me that mods couldn't fix, and I'd rather not download 100GB to check myself only to find out basically nothing has changed in practice (just like it seems to have happened with sync kills, that despite being mentioned and even purposefully shown in the patch video, are apparently still completely missing during battles according to multiple people on the Steam forum).

Comments

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,710
    Nope. Use your own judgment.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • NVNMNVNM Registered Users Posts: 182
    They are better behaved but still not as as snappy and reactive as in older titles.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,644
    edited May 18
    The game still sucks. Check back in another 3 months.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,217
    Responsiveness is definitely better. Still some tweaking that needs to be done in that department but overall, much improved.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • NikolabracNikolabrac Registered Users Posts: 613
    Game is far better than at launch but it is still lacking
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,460
    Improved but still not good.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • armored_valiantarmored_valiant Member Registered Users Posts: 143
    Extremely annoying delay in drag reforming units that makes the game unplayable
  • Spellbound55Spellbound55 Registered Users Posts: 1,504
    Depends on the units. Iron Hail Gunners and Armored Kossars losing the buffering animation before they shoot makes them feel very snappy. Other units are feel back to TWW2 standard, which means they're pretty good unless the hate the terrain or some piece of rubble in front of them.

Overall a very successful set of changes.
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,578

I am so glad I am not the only one experiencing this. This drives me crazy
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,201

Bastilean said:

I am so glad I am not the only one experiencing this. This drives me crazy
    I have experienced this as well, it seems to be a lingering tooltip for me. Like, imagine a tooltip is still on your screen, in that specific area of the screen. You try to drag or click there, and the tooltip is there, so it acts as impassable terrain, basically, and it does not allow you to click. You move your screen, and the area where you wanted to deploy is free again, but the SCREEN area is not. Like, if you move around the map with the keys, but you maintain the mouse exactly where the error is happening, it is still going on.

Let me know if that is what you feel happens as well.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber