Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So how is Auto Resolve now?

XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,971
edited May 18 in General Discussion
The main reason I stopped playing the game, besides the terrible souls race, was having to constantly fight tier 1 settlements manually because even with a Khorne doomstack of minos and Skarbrand I couldn't AR without losing at least 30 minotaurs. I was just playing minor sieges over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.... and over, and over, and over, and over again. Sometimes three minor sieges in one turn, just back to back. It was tedious, boring, so I stopped playing.
Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.

Comments

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,426
    I've found it to be considerably improved - but then I play Legendary / Normal. So as its tied to the battle difficulty now; clearly I've benefitted more then others.

Either way it's changed considerably - so I recommend you test it.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    Better for sure, but still has some problems...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,458
    Better but not good.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • X_Shuler_XX_Shuler_X Registered Users Posts: 6

And how is this understood??
    Very hard difficulty on battle and campaign
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,971

wow, that's ridiculous. Never mind then I'll keep waiting.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,076

Oh my god
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,487
    Yeah it´s still horrid seemingly, it´s incredible how people defend it with statements like "mucho improved broski!" when in reality it´s still horse manure...
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,426
    "Oh no - a single picture! The whole AR system must be broken.... let's not bother trying it ourselves..."
  • KoryvarnKoryvarn Registered Users Posts: 47
    I played for an hour earlier today, Very hard / Normal, and it's about the same level as Warhammer 2 now. Terrible AI armies and rebels got auto-resolved without my Kairos army taking much damage.
    Reeks said:

Yeah it´s still horrid seemingly, it´s incredible how people defend it with statements like "mucho improved broski!" when in reality it´s still horse manure...

Lol ye pretty much
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
    edited May 18

"Oh no - a single picture! The whole AR system must be broken.... let's not bother trying it ourselves..."

come on dude. "trying" a warhammer campaign is asking someone to commit the next 4 hours of their life. I wouldn't even be able to properly compare the changes until I make a full Khornotaur stack and attack tier 1 settlements.
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,191

Modded, anything that would modify it? I would ensure you play without mods and verify files in order to ensure you have the patch properly
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
    SusaVile said:

Modded, anything that would modify it? I would ensure you play without mods and verify files in order to ensure you have the patch properly
    Lol just how desperate....
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,626

I've found it to be considerably improved - but then I play Legendary / Normal. So as its tied to the battle difficulty now; clearly I've benefitted more then others.

Either way it's changed considerably - so I recommend you test it.

what is the point of legendary if you heavily turn down the battle difficulty though lolz
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    Here another 2 screenshot that are not that bad ! But not perfect, from the campaign I had:

Anyway it's better but not perfect - for example in the first screenshot I should have lost (I lost no units from auto) - flamer can melt one of my units before I even reach them.
    Second screenshots is just... painful that I have to play the battle if I don't want to lose those 2 ranked-up units.
    I had only rifts disabled mod.

This is why I said - it's better but still has some problems.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • ProcessingProcessing Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 699
    edited May 18
    It is. Legendary/Normal and AR is like in Warhammer II. Was able to get decisive AR victory against tier 3 minor settlement with a full stack of early game troops as Nkari.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,706
    edited May 18

wow, that's ridiculous. Never mind then I'll keep waiting.
    Use your own judgement first hand.
    Their example is an outlier.

It’s not like autoresolve is getting another balance anytime soon, so not sure what you are waiting for.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,578
    I wouldn't rely on the judgement of people who claim to not own the game.

Personally it seems fine. I used it on hard to cheese a siege attack battle I would have lost playing manually.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• epic_159758496946hNeETHlepic_159758496946hNeETHl Registered Users Posts: 87
    It was fine for me today. It was possible to auto resolve tier 1 and 2 settlements without to many losses.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,171
    The AR is much better.

• endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,171
    1v0 said:

Here another 2 screenshot that are not that bad ! But not perfect, from the campaign I had:

Anyway it's better but not perfect - for example in the first screenshot I should have lost (I lost no units from auto) - flamer can melt one of my units before I even reach them.
    Second screenshots is just... painful that I have to play the battle if I don't want to lose those 2 ranked-up units.

For the second screenshot, damaged units are always at risk. The best way to handle AR is to replenish before combat, especially if you have damaged faster moving units with low armor (i.e. bloodletters, witch elves, daemonettes, etc.).

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,487
    endur said:

1v0 said:

For the second screenshot, damaged units are always at risk. The best way to handle AR is to replenish before combat, especially if you have damaged faster moving units with low armor (i.e. bloodletters, witch elves, daemonettes, etc.).

Still having one´s full stack lose to a enemy 5-6 stack in AR just because the full stack have suffered 10-20% health loss across the board is wonky, especially considering that when fought manually the battle could be easily won with close to no casualties.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,496
    I tried a campaign out of curiosity and it seems unchanged overall on Very Hard difficulty. Though I haven't played a lot as I quickly remembered how much I can't stand the WH3 map after launching a campaign.

• DrazhoaththeAshenDrazhoaththeAshen Registered Users Posts: 790
    Currently doing a playthrough with Nurgle on VH that has been noticeably better than my first playthrough a few months ago. Seems pretty significant given how generally horrible an experience Nurgle can be at higher difficulties. Gotta agree with others, including VG. To put significant stock in people living for drama, doubly when they don't even own the game... that's just silly.

The AR system is undeniably better. Could still use some tweaks, but I don't want to pull my hair out like I did a few months ago.
    The sage never tries to store things up.
    The more he does for others, the more he has.
    The more he gives to others, the greater his abundance.
    The Tao of heaven is pointed but does no harm.
    The Tao of the sage is work without effort.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,578
    edited May 18
    endur said:

1v0 said:

It's just not representative of the game. That's just not the experience you get if you play the game.

No one's claiming AR's perfect, but it is most definitely better than that cherry picked second hand screenshot suggests.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,461
    edited May 18
    Try it yourself to get better judgment. Some of posters here haven't even played the game yet and their opinion is based on YouTube video lmao
    The patch should apply to past saves right?

In that case I can load an old Skarbrand save i have of a Khornitaur stack, Legend actually reviewed it.

I would lose 30-40 Khornitaurs auto resolving a tier 1 settlement. I'll load the save and attack a tier one settlement again and directly compare it.
    alright I only lost 2 minos.

That's much better.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,461

alright I only lost 2 minos.

That's much better.

That's the way 👍. Don't blindly trust some people here who don't even play the game
  • X_Shuler_XX_Shuler_X Registered Users Posts: 6
    SusaVile said:

I began this campaign after patch, use only graphic mods (i dont think they could affected it somehow). I don't want to say that everything is just as bad. It's just that this situation surprised me a little :D And so the AR really got better according to my observations.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english