Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

When do you think we will get the updated map ?

1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
By updated map I mean the Mac slip up
I mean this map (i took the image from reddit):

So when do you think we will get the updated map ? I mean the map is one (almost) 1 month old by now, so should be soon...
I have aways though we will get it with the next content drop. Maybe skulls event or 1.3, I even though we will get it with 1.2(that didn't happen).

Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I just want content(and fixes) for the game, so I can get back to playing it !

When do you think we will get the updated map ? 75 votes

With the first DLC - Q3
73%
AnglocanerLaindeshSirEyeballCwenraedsteam_1648967204540wN3lV8TheChocolateJesusMaedrethnirBmnoble981Mr_Finley7mewade44DragantislcmiracleScionOfTheEmperorMasterSayo01FinishingLastMkeefe78SerPusgates1ebdBeelzeHappyBoomer 55 votes
With next content drop or patch
13%
Krunch1v0_Mad_D0c_LunaticprinceUgandaJimsteam_164522224256Zgj8cXSSebandirrFoe-HammerWisulfReight 10 votes
With the skulls event (if it has content in it)
13%
Pappa_FrakevManiacBloodydaggerCosmic_Lichepic_159735778676N5Mk2wtGeorgeTrumanIamNotArobotYiunkoBesidesToBorisUrsus13 10 votes
Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,

Comments

• CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    Whats the difference to the one we have rn?
    Looks exactly the same to me honestly.
  • Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,490
    With the first DLC - Q3
    Cyresdog said:

There’s a bit more playable area on the LH edge with Albion and Marches of Couronne
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,626
    I honestly don't care, I won't even touch it once we get IE.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    Cyresdog said:

Albion, Brass keep is now it's own province, northen wastelands added to the empire and 1 more zone in the Chaos wastes.

There was a topic(by Bies) about it some time ago (I went back and took this from it)
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
  • IndefatigableIndefatigable Registered Users Posts: 261
    On Sunturday the 42nd of Junlygust
    1v0 said:

Cyresdog said:

Albion, Brass keep is now it's own province, northen wastelands added to the empire and 1 more zone in the Chaos wastes.

There was a topic(by Bies) about it some time ago (I went back and took this from it)
    I mean... Does anyone actually care what RoC map we have?
    It's all about Internet Explorer my friend
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,803
    With the first DLC - Q3
    Cyresdog said:

1v0 said:

Cyresdog said:

Is that even still a thing?
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."

Cyresdog said:

1v0 said:

Cyresdog said:

From what I know it's coming out in Q3 according to CA
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    Cyresdog said:

1v0 said:

Cyresdog said:

Well yea you have a point :P . It's just a stop gap until IE, once IE is out nobody will play RoC.
    For real tho, happy for the people who are caring about RoC, all three of them, but those 2-3 new regions wouldn't change anything at all in that mode.

So i can't see anyone jumping out of their seat for that
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    I'm guessing 1.3, and then in 2.0 those areas will get updated to have LL's in some of them(specifically expecting a lord in Brass Keep at least.
  • Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,490
    With the first DLC - Q3
    Krunch said:

I'm guessing 1.3, and then in 2.0 those areas will get updated to have LL's in some of them(specifically expecting a lord in Brass Keep at least.

Yeah, a LL from the 4 Champs pack starting in Brass Keep would make sense since it’s a Chaos Fortress in the contemporary WFB era (WFRP 4th has it Nurgle specifically, but I can’t remember if that’s elsewhere as well)
  • GhettobibleGhettobible Registered Users Posts: 267
    With the first DLC - Q3

That's nice but for players who like RoC map it would be nice to know if they'll expand the map or not.

That's nice but for players who like RoC map it would be nice to know if they'll expand the map or not.
    To be fair, the general consens so far is, very clearly, that there are not even nearly enough people who care about RoC for CA to put any kind of focus on that mode.
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 576
    With the first DLC - Q3
    Cyresdog said:

To be fair, the general consens so far is, very clearly, that there are not even nearly enough people who care about RoC for CA to put any kind of focus on that mode.
    That doesn’t matter. They have to update the RoC map, and every DLC they add to game 3 will involve the RoC map. Much like WH2, DLC is developed for the game specific map, and then ported over to the combined map.
  • Ironhawk97Ironhawk97 Registered Users Posts: 326
    Probably when the "4 Champions" dlc releases. The additions to the map are probably meant to accommodate at least some of them, or a future addition.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 4,101
    Cyresdog said:

They kept updating the vortex map throughout all of game 2s lifecycle. Many races and LLs also had very different campaigns depending on which map you played, game 3 might well be the same.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    With the skulls event (if it has content in it)

Cyresdog said:

That doesn’t matter. They have to update the RoC map, and every DLC they add to game 3 will involve the RoC map. Much like WH2, DLC is developed for the game specific map, and then ported over to the combined map.
    that needed to change for wh3, lets hope they did.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• TheMadTypistTheMadTypist Registered Users Posts: 545
    With the first DLC - Q3
    When the dlc drops much of the work on IE will be done and they can begin bringing more previous factions to the map, like Bretonia and maybe Rakarth.

Then again, they may have reused an older promotional image, it may have no bearing on current or future content.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,706
    Just play the game OP.

You spend so much time talking about it, just play it. It works well and is fun.
    1v0 said:

Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I just want content(and fixes) for the game, so I can get back to playing it !

BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • demonisbestdemonisbest Registered Users Posts: 225
    Cyresdog said:

While I, too, own all 3 games and look forward to IME, let's not make people who only bought into this franchise with the last game a 2nd grade citizens and pretend like they don't matter, unless they buy the previous 2 installments.

I also liked playing on the Vortex map, especially with the DLC LLs with non-Vortex objectives, for a more condensed narrative experience. I expect the same experience from TWW3, if/when the RoC race can be ignored.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,212

Cyresdog said:

Bingo, they will update it with every DLC. They can't just say FU to anyone who only has game 3 or happens to like the RoC map. That would be stupid.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,658
    I'm confused.

Is this a problem with the map on the Mac version of the game or is this someone asking for IE to come along?
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,761

Cyresdog said:

1v0 said:

Cyresdog said:

I think it's called Edge now. Windows try to force it on you every now and then.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,326
    Xenos7777 said:

Cyresdog said:

1v0 said:

Cyresdog said:

I think it's called Edge now. Windows try to force it on you every now and then.
    A very good one!

Let's stay on topic though everyone. Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,659
    With the first DLC - Q3

Cyresdog said:

There’s a bit more playable area on the LH edge with Albion and Marches of Couronne
    The extra bit of map isn’t a game changer. We need game 1 & 2 races to be added
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,461

lol yes. They need to release it much sooner before IE gets released. Otherwise the map wont be relevant at all since no one will play it
  • SamHobbs494SamHobbs494 Registered Users Posts: 249

Cyresdog said:

let's not make people who only bought into this franchise with the last game a 2nd grade citizens and pretend like they don't matter, unless they buy the previous 2 instalments.
    Why not? This whole enterprise was built and sold on immortal empires and a complete Warhammer world with all known factions and most of the named characters, and it is what most of us have been invested in for the last 7 odd years.

Quite frankly even marketing this game to new players was a scumbag move and only done to encourage people to buy the back catalogue of the rest of the series, because "mo money ****".

And look how bad the release has been, those new people are never coming back after this, would you?, and all that "hard work" trying to get new people into the series was wasted.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,324
    With the first DLC - Q3
    I think Be'lakor will land there, and so I expect it with IE release.
  • Bmnoble981Bmnoble981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,283
    With the first DLC - Q3
    Probably when they add more playable races to the realms of chaos campaign map. Probably the Chaos Dwarfs first.