Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Norsca was a cheap and lazy Race Pack Roster

Comments

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,013
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Goatforce said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Norsca was a free race designed to be a little bonus to people who bought game 2. At the time it was mechanically the most interesting race and very well received.

it hasn't aged well; but it's not fair to say it was lazy or cheap - as for a time it was by far the most interesting race in the game.

You have to admit there is a difference in quality between the “Free” Race Packs Ogre Kingdoms, Warriors of Chaos and Norsca. Especially in terms of units and reused assets.
    There's a difference between 2 game 1 Race Packs and a game 3 Race Pack? Who knew?

Next you'll say something crazy like there was a big difference in quality between Beastmen and Tomb Kings/Vampire Coast! Almost as if quality has improved in DLC dramatically since game 1 or something!
    Almost like Beastmen was a campaign pack not a race pack.

Beastmen and Wood elves were hated because of the mechanics they brought. Beastmen actually had different models for everything WoC had, Spawn, Warhounds, ect.

Norsca didn’t have that.
    Oh my god, you do realise that I wasn't comparing BM or WEs to Norsca there at all don't you? But way to try and put words in my mouth i guess.

Lets try this again:

"There's a difference between 2 game 1 Race Packs and a game 3 Race Pack? Who knew?". This is obviously in reference to WoC and Norsca vs. OKs.

"Next you'll say something crazy like there was a big difference in quality between Beastmen and Tomb Kings/Vampire Coast! Almost as if quality has improved in DLC dramatically since game 1 or something!". This is comparing the CP progression of game 1 to game 2, to illustrate the fact that things have improved and how it is rather silly to act as if it is outragious that a game 1 pack is lower quality than a game 3 pack.

Notice that I never compared BM to Norsca. At all. Or even mentioned WEs.

Then you in fact reinforce my point by saying Norsca didn't have stuff that BM and WE had.... Yeah, remember when you said "Almost like Beastmen was a campaign pack not a race pack"? Yeah, that.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,967
    Vildvarg said:

the fimir are a pathetic cast off that got thrown into norsca as padding.

All of Norsca is padding.

At least the fimirs weren't copypastes from WoC or a blueish recolor of something.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 577

Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Norsca was a free race designed to be a little bonus to people who bought game 2. At the time it was mechanically the most interesting race and very well received.

it hasn't aged well; but it's not fair to say it was lazy or cheap - as for a time it was by far the most interesting race in the game.

This. Norsca was for its time awesome.

Compare it to wh3 that followed Vampire Coast. Talk about step backwards for every single race in wh3 compared to Vampire Coast. So poorly done. So many cut corners.

Wh3 races should have been a step forward compared to vampire coast. Instead they were many steps back. A travesty.

VC2 was meh. Too OP.

WH3 Races are vastly superior. Woc, Cathay, Kislev, Ogres, all significantly better than VC2. They've got good core mechanics, they're not overpowered. Better than TWW2 or TWW1 cores by a good margin too.
    I appreciate wh3s idea to try and bring better balance (which missed the mark but kudos for the effort CA)

Other than that wh3s races are an utter disgrace. Cut cornerns, bad rosters, wheelbarrow, no innovations but regressions. Disgusting.

Latest patch has also brought back powercreep. So there goes that idea out the window.
    This has got to be a joke, the only area I'd entertain is the small rosters and recolors. But recolors primarily with the monos.

Other than that, the rest is just plain hyperbolic nonsense. Every one of the new races started with more mechanics than any race in Warhammer I or II started with. Loaded with unique things that the rest of the races are not. I was surprised how much map mechanics that Kislev ultimately had and I employed them repeatedly.

The one area Warhammer III came out swinging on was mechanics for the new races.
    No wh3 races are utter trash. Whole game is cashgrab pure and simple. Disgusting really.
    So, tell me the mechanics of the HE at launch, tell me the mechanics of Kislev. Because just simply making the list pretty much show much of a laughable point this is.
    Kislev is nasty disney barf. Terrible ice. Hulking steroid freaks. All wrong. Pure filthy cashgrab.

Wh3 is unfun and boring and less people play it than wh2 despite a patch in the last days (not to mention the negative reviews from unhappy customers)

It is nothing short of a travesty. Cashgrab!
    You've said nothing of mechanics which I asked about, you going to put some substance or continue with nothing? Because those reviews rarely had anything to do with map mechanics for the races. It was the one area most liked, that is not the RoC campaign, sieges, or other things.

Tell me about the racial mechanics compared to the launch of game 2? Gonna?
    The only good mechanic is the daemon prince. All the others are poor and it is clear the game was rushed.

And the mechanics of the game itself is just as bad with the endless sieges, insta build trash etc

Wh3 is just a boring game which is why so few are playing.
    You’re really going to sit there and say the base race mechanics for WH2 were anything other than garbage? You honestly can’t keep a straight face when you realize we *still* have hot trash like the Geomantic Web in the year 2022.

The campaign mechanics for all of the base races in WH3 are mostly great and it’s one of the highlights of game 3. There are certainly criticisms you can level against the game, but campaign mechanics aren’t one of them.
    Wh3 has worse mechanics than wh2 had at launch.

But the very idea that it would be ok for CA to release a new game and have it regress 4 and a half years of work is ABSURD.

Wh3 should be compared to the latest mechanics CA did in wh2. And it should outmatch them. Progress.

Not regression of half a decade of work. But the truth is wh3 is even worse than that. Utter trash. So disgusting. A true cashgrab.
    There’s a lot of text here, but not much in terms of actual substance. Most of it is straight up hyperbole actually. WH2 had plenty of broken mechanics at launch, and there’s definitely some nostalgia-bias here.

I’ve personally really enjoyed the game, and find it to be a step up from WH2 in many ways. The only thing really missing right now is the combined map (outside of a few fixes they are rolling out in Patch 1.3). In a few months time everyone here will be playing IE and not WH2.
    Lol alot of text? Less than a handful of paragraphs. Cant be much more succinct than that.

Wh3 is bad and boring game. The reviews show it. The number of players show it. And the product shows it.

How CA regressed half a decades work and sold a nasty cashgrab is a disgrace.
    Which is why you totally won’t buy future DLC, or play IE when it releases. Right?
    If IE looks decent i will test it out alot.

Im not buying anything until alot of stuff is fixed in wh3 (ai, sieges, insta build trash etc, gazillion cut corners)
    The dissonance here is pretty funny. Either this game is a cash grab or it isn’t, and you playing it validates it as not as a cash grab. You’re posting here constantly, you’ll 100% be buying DLC, but feel free to actually put your money where your mouth is.

Not to mention they’ve already fixed some of the things you complain about and many of the “cut corners” you complain about aren’t actual fundamental problems with the game, but nice things to have.
  • Clsmith88Clsmith88 Registered Users Posts: 224
    PLHenry said:

In terms of aesthetics, what they need are some new components to give them the fantasy viking feel that they're supposed to have. A few weapons, helmets and shields with a norse theme would go a long way to bridging the gap between lore Norscans and the Marauder models.

Otherwise I found Norsca to be one of the best DLCs at the time it came out. There's a lot that could be improved with it, but it was great at the time.

It's not much work; just more fur rainment, less black-iron helmets, norse-style pants, and tribal designs on their shields, but man does it make them feel more "Norscan" than "Generic Chaos Marauder". (Hooveric Reskin Beta)
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 799
    Artjuh90 said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

Reject viking embrace fimir

I don't think I've ever disagreed with a comment so much in my entire life.
    Yeah after reading the lore of the fimir I just can't get excited for them. The only race that was so pathetic, the Chaos Gods (yes, those ones, the ones that want to corrupt and dominate all mortal life, and if not corrupt, destroy) said "Ehh, these guys aren't worth the time, lets drop them and go play with humans."
    well they kinda do the same with the beastmen. the chaos gods just like to corrupt humans.

will add one negative for norsca though which i forgot to add when i was speaking about things that norsca could use to make them topdog again.
    that is their passive rage mechanic actually does not fit their fighting style and you will almost never reach tier 3 with your unit cause marauders are hot trash xD
    I really like the rage mechanic, but the only odd thing to me, is that after you hit level 3 with it, it resets. So your guys get more and more raged, and then just take a breather and calm down in the middle of the fight?
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,092
    edited May 23

No it wasn't.

- Cool Monsters that fit nowhere else (Fimir, Skinwolves, Ice-themed creatures, the Chaos Mammothss....yes they could have put the mammoths into WoC but they don't really fit there...WoC should get their proper Chaos war-Shrines
    - Legendary Lords that would have never made it into WoC otherwhise
    - Cool new mechanics, such as making them almost a semi-horde etc., tech trees based on occupation etc.
    - The monster hunts were great
    - Overall a very fast paced unique campaign that was a really fresh experience for game 1 and inspired a lot of great mechanics and overhaul later down the line

Your idea of "repurposing units" or "reskins" is kinda weird. By that standard, High Elves and Dark Elves were mostly repurposed Wood Elves....

with their unique mechanics of boosting stats the longer they fight, they made the marauders feel very different from the WoC versions....

Also, the Feral Manticore and Horsemasters were added later....the Manticore was a free update to WoC when the feral manticores came with the Beastmen and the Horsemasters were guaranteed made for Norsca and then given to WoC as well...

Same way they gave Harpies to Beastmen and the Ogre Mercenaries as a prelude to Game 3 ogre kingdoms...

“Chaos War Mammoths don’t fit in the race they are a part of!”

Yeah okay. Also Fimir and Skin Wolves fit in just fine with WoC as well. Norsca should have been an expansion/rework for WoC with an option for Undivided, Monster Hunts just for Throgg and Wulfric with Throgg recruiting monsters and Wulfric killing them, and the three actually new units alongside recruitable Chaos Dragons.

Also “semi-horde” apperently means “can’t settle in most places and has nothing to compensate for it”.
    Fimir and Skin Wolves do not fit in the WoC-roster at all.

They have Dragonogres, Shaggoths, Chaos Trolls, Manticores and TT whise they would get the chaos ogres as well as the slaughterbrute, chaos war shrine, Skullcrushers, Hellstriders and mutalisk vortex beast.

Adding Mammoths, Ice Trolls, Fimir and Skinwolves to them would just create a ton of redundancies.

Norsca gains anti-large via their horsemasters, hunters with harpoons and their skinwolves.... (and a bit with their spearmen)

WoC gains anti-large via their halberds, horsemasters and dragonogres.... and then there will be the hellstriders...

By not fitting in, I mean its just bloats the roster with redundancies... by making Norsca its own faction, those units that would fall behind in WoC have their role to shine in a roster with less competition on the same role.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,712

Vildvarg said:

the fimir are a pathetic cast off that got thrown into norsca as padding.

All of Norsca is padding.

At least the fimirs weren't copypastes from WoC or a blueish recolor of something.
    I'm not getting dragged into this again. The norse are here to stay, enjoy your salt mines mate.
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,626
    MODIDDLY1 said:

Artjuh90 said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

Yeah after reading the lore of the fimir I just can't get excited for them. The only race that was so pathetic, the Chaos Gods (yes, those ones, the ones that want to corrupt and dominate all mortal life, and if not corrupt, destroy) said "Ehh, these guys aren't worth the time, lets drop them and go play with humans."
    well they kinda do the same with the beastmen. the chaos gods just like to corrupt humans.

will add one negative for norsca though which i forgot to add when i was speaking about things that norsca could use to make them topdog again.
    that is their passive rage mechanic actually does not fit their fighting style and you will almost never reach tier 3 with your unit cause marauders are hot trash xD
    I really like the rage mechanic, but the only odd thing to me, is that after you hit level 3 with it, it resets. So your guys get more and more raged, and then just take a breather and calm down in the middle of the fight?
    let's be honest your marauder units wont fight longer then 2.5 min so doesn't really matter
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,458

Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

This. Norsca was for its time awesome.

Compare it to wh3 that followed Vampire Coast. Talk about step backwards for every single race in wh3 compared to Vampire Coast. So poorly done. So many cut corners.

Wh3 races should have been a step forward compared to vampire coast. Instead they were many steps back. A travesty.

VC2 was meh. Too OP.

WH3 Races are vastly superior. Woc, Cathay, Kislev, Ogres, all significantly better than VC2. They've got good core mechanics, they're not overpowered. Better than TWW2 or TWW1 cores by a good margin too.
    I appreciate wh3s idea to try and bring better balance (which missed the mark but kudos for the effort CA)

Other than that wh3s races are an utter disgrace. Cut cornerns, bad rosters, wheelbarrow, no innovations but regressions. Disgusting.

Latest patch has also brought back powercreep. So there goes that idea out the window.
    This has got to be a joke, the only area I'd entertain is the small rosters and recolors. But recolors primarily with the monos.

Other than that, the rest is just plain hyperbolic nonsense. Every one of the new races started with more mechanics than any race in Warhammer I or II started with. Loaded with unique things that the rest of the races are not. I was surprised how much map mechanics that Kislev ultimately had and I employed them repeatedly.

The one area Warhammer III came out swinging on was mechanics for the new races.
    No wh3 races are utter trash. Whole game is cashgrab pure and simple. Disgusting really.
    So, tell me the mechanics of the HE at launch, tell me the mechanics of Kislev. Because just simply making the list pretty much show much of a laughable point this is.
    Kislev is nasty disney barf. Terrible ice. Hulking steroid freaks. All wrong. Pure filthy cashgrab.

Wh3 is unfun and boring and less people play it than wh2 despite a patch in the last days (not to mention the negative reviews from unhappy customers)

It is nothing short of a travesty. Cashgrab!
    You've said nothing of mechanics which I asked about, you going to put some substance or continue with nothing? Because those reviews rarely had anything to do with map mechanics for the races. It was the one area most liked, that is not the RoC campaign, sieges, or other things.

Tell me about the racial mechanics compared to the launch of game 2? Gonna?
    The only good mechanic is the daemon prince. All the others are poor and it is clear the game was rushed.

And the mechanics of the game itself is just as bad with the endless sieges, insta build trash etc

Wh3 is just a boring game which is why so few are playing.
    You’re really going to sit there and say the base race mechanics for WH2 were anything other than garbage? You honestly can’t keep a straight face when you realize we *still* have hot trash like the Geomantic Web in the year 2022.

The campaign mechanics for all of the base races in WH3 are mostly great and it’s one of the highlights of game 3. There are certainly criticisms you can level against the game, but campaign mechanics aren’t one of them.
    Wh3 has worse mechanics than wh2 had at launch.

But the very idea that it would be ok for CA to release a new game and have it regress 4 and a half years of work is ABSURD.

Wh3 should be compared to the latest mechanics CA did in wh2. And it should outmatch them. Progress.

Not regression of half a decade of work. But the truth is wh3 is even worse than that. Utter trash. So disgusting. A true cashgrab.
    There’s a lot of text here, but not much in terms of actual substance. Most of it is straight up hyperbole actually. WH2 had plenty of broken mechanics at launch, and there’s definitely some nostalgia-bias here.

I’ve personally really enjoyed the game, and find it to be a step up from WH2 in many ways. The only thing really missing right now is the combined map (outside of a few fixes they are rolling out in Patch 1.3). In a few months time everyone here will be playing IE and not WH2.
    Lol alot of text? Less than a handful of paragraphs. Cant be much more succinct than that.

Wh3 is bad and boring game. The reviews show it. The number of players show it. And the product shows it.

How CA regressed half a decades work and sold a nasty cashgrab is a disgrace.
    Which is why you totally won’t buy future DLC, or play IE when it releases. Right?
    If IE looks decent i will test it out alot.

Im not buying anything until alot of stuff is fixed in wh3 (ai, sieges, insta build trash etc, gazillion cut corners)
    The dissonance here is pretty funny. Either this game is a cash grab or it isn’t, and you playing it validates it as not as a cash grab. You’re posting here constantly, you’ll 100% be buying DLC, but feel free to actually put your money where your mouth is.

Not to mention they’ve already fixed some of the things you complain about and many of the “cut corners” you complain about aren’t actual fundamental problems with the game, but nice things to have.
    The game was clearly rushed and is full of cut corners. A nasty cash grab that is getting full on negative reviews in numbers now. Wake up before wh3 dies.

We need massive fixes asap
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • IndefatigableIndefatigable Registered Users Posts: 261
    DTAPPSNZ said:

I don't want to go into much detail so I'll let the images speak for themselves.

Now, I don't hate Norsca but I do feel this was one of the worst efforts put into a race pack. Bretonnia is better and its free. This is purely from an model perspective, this is Warhammer after all.

The only thing that can justify it is the price point. Hopefully it does get a massive overhaul with Beorg.

One word: ****
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,630
    Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

But fimir are cool.

Embrace it submit to the matiragh

Edit jokes aside

Honestly i do not for one second belive there should be more pointless viking units

What they should get is more armour and cloth varition and some weapon varioations for

Maruder champions, javalins, horsemasters ...etc

And may be couple of free units in sheild maidens may be ones that ride ice wolves

But none of them Honestly worth me paying for them there just adding assets to exsisting units and such not worth dlc.

Dlc should focus on things i would pay foe which are
    More fimir types.
    Skin wolf lords.
    Cursed ettins

...etc.

I respect that you are allowed your opinion, and I wholeheartedly disagree. Everything you could want for a fimir lord could be done with a kitbash and a flc.

Norsca should expand on the norse, bring in new elite infantry, more monsters, skinwere's, new lords. That's what would sell me a lord pack, the fimir are a pathetic cast off that got thrown into norsca as padding. Their possibly "only" dlc shouldn't focus on the few oddball units that aren't even truly part of their culture.
    this is literally the same as what i said but minus the fimir and i think fimir is pretty good candidate for a DLC lord and good caster genric lords

and i belive you could get more fredom to do stuff fimir than any other stuff Norsca currently have to offer

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

edited May 23

They have Dragonogres, Shaggoths, Chaos Trolls, Manticores and TT whise they would get the chaos ogres as well as the slaughterbrute, chaos war shrine, Skullcrushers, Hellstriders and mutalisk vortex beast.

Adding Mammoths, Ice Trolls, Fimir and Skinwolves to them would just create a ton of redundancies.

A. Slaughterbrutes and Mutaliths shouldn't go to WoC.

B. Fimir don't fit, that's true. But Mammoths and Skin Wolves are Norscan, Norsca is one of the 3 main Marauder tribes, and Marauders are part of the WoC. Therefore, Mammoths and Skin Wolves fit WoC.

By not fitting in, I mean its just bloats the roster with redundancies...

Ah, I see.

Wake up before wh3 dies.

Wake up and do what?

B. Fimir don't fit, that's true. But Mammoths and Skin Wolves are Norscan, Norsca is one of the 3 main Marauder tribes, and Marauders are part of the WoC. Therefore, Mammoths and Skin Wolves fit WoC.

Ah, I see.

Wake up before wh3 dies.

Wake up and do what?
    Ask for decent content? Bug fixes? Fix sieges? Remove insta build trash? No more RED RED RED ui?

Or a gazillion other things?
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,971
    edited May 23
    I don't fully understand some of the choices here. The Giant should be a blue X but its not. Ice Trolls are yet I'm pretty sure their animations came before Stone Trolls for Greenskins.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,971
    I get what you're saying over all. I think the Frost Wyrm should have its own model, but honestly a lot of it is more or less fine. Warriors of Chaos be they Kurgan or w/e look like how I imagine fantasy vikings would look like anyway.

What really lets Norsca down is their lord options. They could use a Lord Pack and an FLC lord like the other minor races have gotten.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    saweendra said:

Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

But fimir are cool.

Edit jokes aside

Honestly i do not for one second belive there should be more pointless viking units

What they should get is more armour and cloth varition and some weapon varioations for

And may be couple of free units in sheild maidens may be ones that ride ice wolves

But none of them Honestly worth me paying for them there just adding assets to exsisting units and such not worth dlc.

More fimir types.
    Skin wolf lords.
    Cursed ettins

...etc.

I respect that you are allowed your opinion, and I wholeheartedly disagree. Everything you could want for a fimir lord could be done with a kitbash and a flc.

Norsca should expand on the norse, bring in new elite infantry, more monsters, skinwere's, new lords. That's what would sell me a lord pack, the fimir are a pathetic cast off that got thrown into norsca as padding. Their possibly "only" dlc shouldn't focus on the few oddball units that aren't even truly part of their culture.
    this is literally the same as what i said but minus the fimir and i think fimir is pretty good candidate for a DLC lord and good caster genric lords

and i belive you could get more fredom to do stuff fimir than any other stuff Norsca currently have to offer
    Why shove a ton of a bastard race into a faction called "Norsca"?

Fimir LL, caster lord, that's a flc. You could just as easily package a DLC containing actual norse units. And there's a ton that you could create for them as well.

A fimir might be a fun drycha style flc, but the roster should be expanded using norscans. Not some forsaken beasts from the swamp.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,761

B. Fimir don't fit, that's true.

AFAIK, Fimir are from the swamps of Albion (they are inspired by Fomorians), and Albion isn't that far from Norsca, it makes sense for them to ally with the nearest Chaos power.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,013
    Xenos7777 said:

AFAIK, Fimir are from the swamps of Albion (they are inspired by Fomorians), and Albion isn't that far from Norsca, it makes sense for them to ally with the nearest Chaos power.

I think Fimir used to be quite a large and powerful civilisation before the Old Ones showed up, and were spread out all over the place. As I recall there is a large Fimir enclave in the swamps to the Southeast of the Darklands for example. But yeah I would expect quite a few of them on Albion
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,737
    Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

But fimir are cool.

Edit jokes aside

More fimir types.
    Skin wolf lords.
    Cursed ettins

...etc.

Fimir LL, caster lord, that's a flc. You could just as easily package a DLC containing actual norse units. And there's a ton that you could create for them as well.

A fimir might be a fun drycha style flc, but the roster should be expanded using norscans. Not some forsaken beasts from the swamp.
    It's not like a LL precludes getting more distinctly Norsca units. In the Eshin DLC they got a Clan Skryre unit. One does not limit the other, or for that matter does FLC mean bad. I keep rolling my eyes at that one. I enjoyed Tiktak more than his LM main, I enjoyed Nakaii less than the FLC, Rakarth, Imrik, and Repanse came out fun. The ultimate issue is if they just turn out alright in general or have some reason for a perhaps bigger mechanic like a Skaven Workshop or Paunch.

And they are a bastard race, the former favored children of chaos discarded for mankind. However, the Norscan armies is where they shacked up, and it's a way to make Norsca more than just unarmored WoC. Even if there is in fact a lot more than can do on the Norscan side.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,630
    edited May 23
    Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

Vildvarg said:

saweendra said:

But fimir are cool.

Edit jokes aside

More fimir types.
    Skin wolf lords.
    Cursed ettins

...etc.

wouldn't we end up with the same thing than as i said just change who is dlc and flc

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,490
    Xenos7777 said:

Iirc they are indeed in Albion, but where they’re really famous for being is in the marshes alongside the River Reik between Altdorf and Marienburg, mostly in the wasteland but also western Reikland as well. That’s where they show up the most in stories.

But they tend to show up anywhere that’s marshy and foggy (and ancient) tbh.

That’s not really the stereotypical Norscan geography however…
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,661
    Norsca's one of my favorite factions and they play more like Greenskins should than Greenskins do, imo. Why the hate?
    edited May 24

Ask for decent content? Bug fixes? Fix sieges? Remove insta build trash? No more RED RED RED ui?

Right...the things everyone is already asking for. Wake up so you can do what you're already doing everybody!
    Vildvarg said:

Because Norscans on their own would be, like, 5 unit types? And that's not a race.
    Post edited by DarthEnderX on

Right...the things everyone is already asking for. Wake up so you can do what you're already doing everybody!
    Vildvarg said:

Because Norscans on their own would be, like, 5 unit types? And that's not a race.
    Sadly very few are demanding these things.

Instead they are defending wh3 as a great game. Meanwhile it is getting negative reviews in droves and a new patch cant even get it to current wh2 numbers (which even if combined with wh3 numbers wouldnt match the old numbers wh2 had for years)
    edited May 24

Half the threads in this forum are people complaining about those things.
    edited May 24

Half the threads in this forum are people complaining about those things.
    No not half. But it should be 90%. And best case it would have been like that long ago.

Then CA could have adjusted a long time ago.

I do agree that alot of people have woken up and there are alot of it on the forum now compared to a few months ago.

But more would be better.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,092

Ah, I see.

Slaughterbrutes and Mutalisk Vortex Beasts are in the 8th Edition WoC army book and its where they are belong.
    They are chaos corrupted creatures, not demons.

Just like Skullcrushers and Hellstriders are part of WoC.

They can then go to Monogods as well, but they Mutalisk Vortex Beast, essentially a Varghulf with bound spells would be a vital addition to WoC, just like the Chaos Warshrines as they can actually summon Demons.
    edited May 24

Slaughterbrutes and Mutalisk Vortex Beasts are in the 8th Edition WoC army book and its where they are belong.

Skarbrand and Kairos are in the 8th Edition DoC army book and look where they ended up.

Monogods exist in WH3. And some units that were WoC and DoC belong in them instead. Including Slaughterbrutes and Mutaliths.
  • DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 1,493

I’ve always wanted them in WoC, they aren’t aligned at all with Khorne and Tzeetch in 8th. I’m never going to win this argument because they’re red and blue durr.

But why can’t they go into both? Seem like the best option.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,385

Monogods exist in WH3. And some units that were WoC and DoC belong in them instead.

DoC got all of their units, and even more.