It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
ercolesptr wrote: »
How about giving avatars with higher prestige more bonus points. At the moment an avatar can only have 20 points maximum to improve it being at Bronze, Silver or Gold. This way it does not make sense to increase your prestige because there is much to loose and nothing to gain. If say Silver would give 25 or 30 points and Gold 35 or 40 it would make more sense to increase the prestige of the avatar.
st3nm4n wrote: »
please make bows usefull its all melee
legolas wrote: »
CA, please don't work on any other new game, just fix the bugs first ...
mudy wrote: »
I think Total War combat / melee multiplayer has a good chance to become world most popular esport (greater than Blizzard Starcraft / Warcraft series). What CA/SEGA must do is:
- separate multiplayer combat from all Total War series and create a new team multiplayer rts game, without the map based strategy game.
- players can choose battle based on TW series: medieval, shogun, empire, etc.
- for each game, players can build their own army based on a fixed points/money.
- there are 2 army, each can be played by upto 4 players as team (likely: left wing, center, right wing, and reserve).
- lower resolution is acceptable, to maximize number of units in the field.
- there are 4 basic battle framework:
1. frontal assault (same points and ballance teritorial advantage for all team),
2. attacker/defender (1 team attacking with greater points, while the other team defend their ground for limited time),
3. castle/town siege,
This Total War - Real Combat Simulation will be a great hit in gaming community. The major esport for the next couple of decade.
****ykorean wrote: »
haha this game has some built-in anti-esport mechanics that would completely prevent it from being spectator friendly. Apart from obscurity, there are plenty of reasons why shogun videos don't have many views.
Kocmoc wrote: »
The amount of changes needed to get the MP-part working properly is just too much to get done here, to write a few points and think, thats it, is just a joke and shows, that those kind of people have no clue whats really going on.
This gametype never ever will make it to a good Game for the masses, its nothing you will play when you have 60 min of free time.
The imbalance ist extreme, you had to cancle 70-90% of the content to even make it possible to balance it.
You cant allow special units with different abilities, nor the different clanskills. If you play a good MP-game, like SC or WC3, than you need like 2-3 mins as new player to get into a MP game and you have the same chance (apart from experience) as the other players.
In TW, at this stage, you need like 100-120 hours of playtime (as experienced player, if you are new you need 3 times as much) to get you units whith some experience, so you have at least a small chance.
The same time, the MatchMaker is not working, it was obvous, that after the initial hyp, the new player would be "fecked", since they fight against lvl 10 fulltime.
The game design dont work for MP. You have to cut the game down to a lvl, where everyone has the same chance.
As you can see, i didnt spoke about the real gamebalance, which is a real big problem, but I wont start to speak about scouting range, LOS for missles, fatige penalties, support circles, routing points.... you get it.