Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are we living in alternate reality?

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,588
Isn't that always where Turin starts some kinda multiplayer tournament very close to release of for example DLCs

Info drop in June, early July tournament...
It may sound like IE will come late July...

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• cabans33cabans33 Registered Users Posts: 1,201
    Bies said:

Isn't that always where Turin starts some kinda multiplayer tournament very close to release of for example DLCs

I think you are right... also "become next Warhammer CHAMPION"
  • T_MACCABBEET_MACCABBEE Registered Users Posts: 700
    The thing is he does that AFTER a dlc was anounced so they can feature exclusive sneak peaks of the DLC faction and units.
    That said, there is still some truth to this because what got announced officially was IE, so Turin's competition is also going to feature factions from WH1 and WH2, much to the extreme ire of reddit.
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 1,214

The thing is he does that AFTER a dlc was anounced so they can feature exclusive sneak peaks of the DLC faction and units.
    That said, there is still some truth to this because what got announced officially was IE, so Turin's competition is also going to feature factions from WH1 and WH2, much to the extreme ire of reddit.

What's the problem on reddit?
  • T_MACCABBEET_MACCABBEE Registered Users Posts: 700

What's the problem on reddit?
    They're mad that content creators get to play old races on MP before them.
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    cabans33 said:

Bies said:

VG was right, anybody can be a Champion, not just Chaos
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 11,688
    arthadaw said:

cabans33 said:

Bies said:

Sorta; in with regards the image, yeah in multiplayer anyone can be a Champion.

But in Warhammer it has a specific context: the Chaos Champions. Could be another hint.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,281
    On the Champion thing, I doubt the new DLC will be showcased here (though that might be more because I think it would be too good to be true!), but if it is then late July - very early August seems realistic as the release window.

I'm not going to get too hyped just in case, at least not until the 14th when we get that first info dump that might give us some solid info on expectations, as making old races playable does not necessarily mean IE is finished. But it is rather indicative
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 2,440
    this looks like a public tournament.

Rules:

Creative Assemble Participation Requirements

- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
    - Participants must be willing to sign an NDA and an IP release form (as required).
    - Participants residing in Russia and Belarus are not eligible to participate.
    - Participants required to have a 200ms Ping to Los Angeles Servers.
    - Participants must provide Content Creators with written Consent to contact the winners in
    order to participate in the Tournament.

So if you participate your locked old factions get unlocked by a special download from CA, and then
    you can play these at least in MP Domination Mode ?
    Is that why NDC is required ?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 37,419
    Djau said:

arthadaw said:

cabans33 said:

Bies said:

Sorta; in with regards the image, yeah in multiplayer anyone can be a Champion.

But in Warhammer it has a specific context: the Chaos Champions. Could be another hint.
    Not really. In Warhammer "Champion" is most associated with Chaos, but the term is far from exclusive to them.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - The descendant of Guanyin

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector,

arthadaw said:

cabans33 said:

Bies said:

Respect.

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - The descendant of Guanyin

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector,

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,925
    Why Champion and not Everchosen? Everchosen is a way cooler title for a tournament winner, and also more lore appropriate. I get that "Champion" has ties to chaos, but it's a very generic word.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Attila
    3. Warhammer (1, 2 & 3)
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Shogun 2
    6. Thrones
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

Why Champion and not Everchosen? Everchosen is a way cooler title for a tournament winner, and also more lore appropriate. I get that "Champion" has ties to chaos, but it's a very generic word.

The next DLC is the 4 Champions.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 6,540
    arthadaw said:

cabans33 said:

Bies said:

And? almost every tournament was someone crown as the "everchosen"

Seems just again a hint on this special dlc even i doubt we really see the stuff as hype i would be and still tipp on chaos