Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Really hope Vlad von Carstein benefits from the revamp to older lords.

Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 1,504
He's one of the coolest legendary lords in the game IMO. It would be so cool if he either got moved to Castle Drakenhof (as the true lord of Sylvania) and Mannfred moved somewhere else (like Nehekara). Or, if Vlad's faction was moved to a completely different location with taking Altdorf and Drakenhof being key long-term goals.

Would also be awesome if his faction got some unique mechanics. Again, something that seperates him from Mannfred's faction because at the moment they are pretty much the same in almost every way.

What you think the chances of his faction getting said new startling location and mechanics? 29 new starting locations for the older lords is WAY higher then I imagined.

Comments

• IndefatigableIndefatigable Registered Users Posts: 349
    You may have to wait for a VCounts rework to get gameplay refinements for the factions; even then it is likely to favour new factions rather than older LLs.

I would be surprised in Mannfred got moved but it is not impossible, particularly as Ghorst will apparently leave the main faction.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,495
    I'm personally all for LLs having different starting locations depending on whether players control them or not (like Grom)

So while I think Vlad should control Sylvania normally...a player controlled Vlad should be somewhere else and make it his goal to retake his castle
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 2,032
    Otters007 said:

Would also be awesome if his faction got some unique mechanics. Again, something that seperates him from Mannfred's faction because at the moment they are pretty much the same in almost every way.

Thats true for pretty much every basic lord pair. Gelt and Karl don't have different mechanics neither do Tyrion and Teclis. The only major exception being skaven with skrolk getting his things reworked to fit his theme differentiating him from the other basic option in queek.

Would be nice if they did something like that for every lord but we'll see.

I doubt Sylvania is going to stay the same start post wise.

Is Vlad in Warhammer 3 or is it only Manfred?
  • DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 2,092
    A big vampire revamp will come with Neferata. Guaranteed.
    The main change I'd like is to just delete the generic vampire Lords, so that the only vampires are the Bloodlines you unlock. Only generic Lords should be the master necromancers.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,809
    On top of all he still needs
    1. A bigger sword
    2. Isabella in his army as a hero
    3. Proper vampiric animations instead of clumsy sparta kicking empire captain reskin
    4. Bit more ground speed; he should at least run faster than Gotrek :trollface:
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 35,094
    He should remain in Sylvania…. His campaign is all about becoming Emperor.

Mannfred is the one that should get moved. He went to Nehekhara to collect artefacts… wouid be a good loreful start.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life

I'm personally all for LLs having different starting locations depending on whether players control them or not (like Grom)

So while I think Vlad should control Sylvania normally...a player controlled Vlad should be somewhere else and make it his goal to retake his castle

Vlads campaign should be about conquering the Empire so Sylvania is a perfect start.

Mannfred should be something something Nagash, so Nehekhara would be a good start.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 5,096
    ArneSo said:

Mannfred is the one that should get moved. He went to Nehekhara to collect artefacts… wouid be a good loreful start.

I still hope that Manfred can somehow get Access to Nagash.
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 2,032
    TeNoSkill said:

ArneSo said:

I still hope that Manfred can somehow get Access to Nagash.
    Given that Manfreds attitude is that nagash was weak he should get something special for defeating the great necromancer.
  • IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,322
    I hope Manny is the one to move, when playing as Vlad i want to crown myself emperor, and it's easier to do that from Sylvania.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
    Iokko said:

I hope Manny is the one to move, when playing as Vlad i want to crown myself emperor, and it's easier to do that from Sylvania.

Yap. Going for the Throne and becoming the Eternal Emperor with Vlad is still one of the most epic campaigns I ever had.

Mannfred on the other hand has no particular interest in the Empire itself.
    The Black Pyramid of Nagash would honestly be a fantastic start for him.
  • QuinsecQuinsec Member Registered Users Posts: 186
    Agreed, Vlad in Sylvania, Mannfred can go fight TKs.

Also, agreed, generic Vampire Lords need removed and should need to be awakened with blood kisses and buffed accordingly.
    Quinsec said:

Agreed, Vlad in Sylvania, Mannfred can go fight TKs.

Also, agreed, generic Vampire Lords need removed and should need to be awakened with blood kisses and buffed accordingly.

They don't need to be buffed accordingly considering they're already some of the strongest Lords in the game already.
  • Cryptic_FreezeCryptic_Freeze Registered Users Posts: 589
    Some of the larger gameplay fixes for Vampire Counts will probably come when we get an overhaul with Neferata's DLC, but here's to hoping they throw us a bone!