Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

No more bald vampires! Manifest In favor of long hair vampires

MoongorMoongor Registered Users Posts: 125
I like vampires being handsome or pretty, it's a must part of their charisma, thats not the case of CA's generic bloodlines, almost all vamps in this game are bald or awful

No more balds, CA, and kick Manfred of Sylvania, Vlad is better!

Comments

• ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,060
    Facts!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 3,205
    Someone being bald and called Vlad being awful? Poppycock!
    It's a beta.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,375
    edited June 17
    I mean...Vlad HAS hair, and he looks uglier than Mannfred. Cause of...ya know...the face.

I was honestly surprised to see how he looked in TWW, because I was only familiar with his 4th edition model. I hadn't seen any of his newer artwork, so the first time I was looking at the LLs I was like "Ugh, look at this guy. Must be some Necrarch charac-wait, that's VLAD?!"

But this is still probably one of my favorite Warhammer Vampires images of all time:

"Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,133
    I agree, at least in the case of the Von Carstein. I expected their Bloodline lords (and generic Vampire Lords) to mostly look like the artwork in the Bloodline UI, but instead most are bald and some even have Necrarch-like features.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • Nitros14#7973Nitros14#7973 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,638
    You'll have to mod it CA isn't going to redo their models.

Proper vampiric animations would be higher on my wish-list instead of Empire Captain animations.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,459
    Bald is beautiful.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,843
    Nitros14 said:

You'll have to mod it CA isn't going to redo their models.

Proper vampiric animations would be higher on my wish-list instead of Empire Captain animations.

That's always been a huge sticking point for me. Vampire animations have the potential to be so amazingly cool. The elf and skaven animations in the game are top notch, and the vampires just look like slow and cumbersome idiots.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,332
    Forget bald vampires, I want at least a Vampirate to have a beard.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,527
    Fossoway said:

Forget bald vampires, I want at least a Vampirate to have a beard.

I want an orc vampire.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • MoongorMoongor Registered Users Posts: 125

Bald is beautiful.

No
  • BaronRodney#9956BaronRodney#9956 Registered Users Posts: 1,269
    Moongor said:

Bald is beautiful.

No
    It's harsh truths like this that keep me wearing my hairpiece.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,951
    edited June 18
    With every year I find more and more white hairs in my beard. I fear the day when the bald reaper knocks on my scalp. May the true death find me sooner.

The von Carstein vampires deserve better.
  • alpharender33#2889alpharender33#2889 Registered Users Posts: 392
    edited June 18
    Post edited by alpharender33#2889 on
  • alpharender33#2889alpharender33#2889 Registered Users Posts: 392
    edited June 18
    I like the idea of cool visuals and
    new animations and first thing to vampires remake is having long haired handsome/pretty vampires
  • LepingLeping Registered Users Posts: 597

Old version of Mannfred von Crstein
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Vampires aren't all supposed to be bald. Mannfred became more monstrous when he went to learn necromancy from the Necrarchs serving Nagash, and his model took on the bony crest we see today.

But for some reason they made all vampires look like that, which never made sense. They made Mannfred unique and then turned around and made everyone look like him.

Vampires shouldn't be beautiful though (except Lamians) because we see how they look once the mask slips and they're no longer trying to pass for mortal. They are a dead body with a corrupted soul caged to it by dark magic. They should be monsters. If anything, they're not monstrous enough in WHTW.

Leping said:

Old version of Mannfred von Crstein

More like this please
  • Tempus_fugit#2711Tempus_fugit#2711 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,398

But this is still probably one of my favorite Warhammer Vampires images of all time:

Ditto. Probably the best image ever. I wanted my vampire lord to look like this since I was 13.

Tangentially, I always think of this as mephiston in his younger days.

Bald is traditional. Part of the seven or something depictions of vampires as inhuman monsters (nosferatu films) versus suave seducers (the pretty vampires Stoker's dracula, lefanu's carmilla) versus living corpses versus animalistic hunters etc. I think masquerade uses the distinctions for the bloodlines, hence the animal gangrels, beautiful ventrue, inhuman nosferatu etc.
    There is no time but the present. – S:TW Hojo, R:TW Brutii/Germania/Alemanni(BI), Med2: Venice, S2: Oda, R2: Julia/Boii/Suebi/Lusitani, Attila: Geats/Garamantians, WH: All factions VH, Wood Elves on L. TWWH2: Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Skaven, Khalida, High Elves, Vampirates. ME: Khalida, Vampire Counts, Carcasonne, Wood Elves
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,375

Vampires shouldn't be beautiful though (except Lamians) because we see how they look once the mask slips and they're no longer trying to pass for mortal. They are a dead body with a corrupted soul caged to it by dark magic. They should be monsters. If anything, they're not monstrous enough in WHTW.

I disagree. Appearance should be broadly based on Bloodline. And the Von Carsteins are mostly supposed to be based on Dracula. And Dracula is usually not portrayed as monstrous looking.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • cernodancernodan Registered Users Posts: 32
    I want CA to give Vlad his nose back.
    cernodan said:

I want CA to give Vlad his nose back.

This! bring beauty Von Carsteins, CA
  • MikobotMikobot Registered Users Posts: 500
    It is weird that Vlad lacks his nose and looks like a corpse. Sure he's a death magical wielding creature of the night, but pretty sure he's meant to be handsome (I mean Isabelle certainly got head over heels for him, and she was stubborn on groom choice). Even if we want to talk about Vampires being evil creatures and simply human appearing monsters... Vlad is a far more grey character with actual tendencies to do some good. Perhaps his appearance is meant to be ironic, but I don't know if that bit of irony works in this instance considering the physical characteristics of Vampires. That irony certainly doesn't feel as well executed as say: how Bayonetta angels are designed (heavenly appearance on the outside, monstrous muscle tissue and Cthulhu ass eye bits on the inside).
  • Lord_Zarkov#7252Lord_Zarkov#7252 Registered Users Posts: 1,802
    Mikobot said:

It is weird that Vlad lacks his nose and looks like a corpse. Sure he's a death magical wielding creature of the night, but pretty sure he's meant to be handsome (I mean Isabelle certainly got head over heels for him, and she was stubborn on groom choice). Even if we want to talk about Vampires being evil creatures and simply human appearing monsters... Vlad is a far more grey character with actual tendencies to do some good. Perhaps his appearance is meant to be ironic, but I don't know if that bit of irony works in this instance considering the physical characteristics of Vampires. That irony certainly doesn't feel as well executed as say: how Bayonetta angels are designed (heavenly appearance on the outside, monstrous muscle tissue and Cthulhu ass eye bits on the inside).

Remember his model is his ‘game face’, he can put on a normal face when he’s not in combat or using dark magic.

There’s a good short story about Vlad* in ToL where he acquires his book of Nagash from a hidden tomb of a nobleman from the original human Von Carstein family.
    The tomb is hidden under the family’s abandoned hunting lodge in the northern Empire and when he arrives there’s a band on soldiers/mercenaries trying to hide there from a chaos warband.

Initially Vlad appears human and they’re happy to have his help, but then he has to help fight off the chaos warband and it describes how he transforms when he has to draw significantly on his powers.

The Genevieve books also describe how she transforms in combat (though not quite as dramatically).

There was a similar trait in WFRP 2nd Ed as well (‘Pass for Human) where most vampires could make themselves appear normal when they wished.

*well presumably Vlad given the content and the fact he featured on the anthology’s cover, but he’s never actually named in the story (it’s set before he becomes Vlad Von Carstein).
  • lcmiraclelcmiracle Registered Users Posts: 909

Mikobot said:

Remember his model is his ‘game face’, he can put on a normal face when he’s not in combat or using dark magic.

There’s a good short story about Vlad* in ToL where he acquires his book of Nagash from a hidden tomb of a nobleman from the original human Von Carstein family.
    The tomb is hidden under the family’s abandoned hunting lodge in the northern Empire and when he arrives there’s a band on soldiers/mercenaries trying to hide there from a chaos warband.

Initially Vlad appears human and they’re happy to have his help, but then he has to help fight off the chaos warband and it describes how he transforms when he has to draw significantly on his powers.

The Genevieve books also describe how she transforms in combat (though not quite as dramatically).

There was a similar trait in WFRP 2nd Ed as well (‘Pass for Human) where most vampires could make themselves appear normal when they wished.

*well presumably Vlad given the content and the fact he featured on the anthology’s cover, but he’s never actually named in the story (it’s set before he becomes Vlad Von Carstein).
    The Vampire's appearance is a magically maintained illusion anyway. 7E VC army book:

• LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,679
    I always liked the monstrous Nosferatu archetype more than the romanticised beautiful vampire. So I feel no need to change the generic VC. Lahmia is ofc a different story, as they are infiltrators.

I always liked the monstrous Nosferatu archetype more than the romanticised beautiful vampire. So I feel no need to change the generic VC. Lahmia is ofc a different story, as they are infiltrators.

Nosferatu type are necrarxh bloodline only!
  • chaosdwarf#1649chaosdwarf#1649 Registered Users Posts: 103
    So you basically want Vampires to be another elf race instead of undead, dark magic beings.
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,989
    edited June 20

So you basically want Vampires to be another elf race instead of undead, dark magic beings.

it seems chaos dwarfs can't understand anything beyond styling their beards and embellishing their hats! vamps have 5 bloodlines: Von Carsteins, Lahmias, Blood Dragons, Necrarch, Strigoi and the first 3 are supposed to have more human beauty than any average human because (carsteins, lahmias, blood dragons) are not nosferatus or liches, they are superhumans with blood thirst under control.
    1. Carstein are the most medieval politicians like and jack of all trades and they should look so human they can recruit some ranged human units.
    2. Lahmias are beautiful looking female vampires but they play more than like a Drycha dominating alive beings.
    3. Blood Dragons are cured of Blood Thirsty instincts, they should be the more handsome as Lahmias should be the most pretty.
    4. Necrarch are absolutely like nosferatu, they are magically so powerfull that they should look closer to liches than humans.
    5. Strigoi are hairy beasts closer to vargheists and varghulfs, the less human of all vampires.
    Basically, Von Carstein should be like very cool looking, Lahmias the prettiest, Blood Dragons faceless because his helmet.

Vlad needs his nose back, CA

new Undead Legion:
    Nagash (unlockable for beating game with Undead Legion)
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata
    Dread King or Walach Harkon

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima