Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please an official Redesign of the Coatl

2»

Comments

• Ge32Ge32 Registered Users Posts: 110

You proceed to show a model that isn't even a GW official one while the Coatl in game is based on an actual official model.

Besides, this conversation took place when the DLC came out and it's not going to change now.

This discussion is going to go on until they change the design of that hideous chicken, and it's not going to stop just because you say so.
    It's a shame that alternative companies make a better sculpt design of what a Coatl should look like than what official CA and GW has designed for us.
    Red_Dox said:

After zero changes to the despicable Stone Trolls, yeah, would not expect they roll the red carpet out for a Coatl change.

-----Red Dox

The Coatl needs a respectable design.
    They can't put a bird in a faction that focuses squarely on reptiles.

You proceed to show a model that isn't even a GW official one while the Coatl in game is based on an actual official model.

Besides, this conversation took place when the DLC came out and it's not going to change now.

The Coatl doesn’t have an official model, it was literally something they threw together in WD to show what people can do with their spare parts.

The Coatl design is literally based on spare parts
    If it has official illustrations, if you knew anything about Lizardmen you would know, they have already been shared with you in this thread.
    Beargod said:

I like the bird head, otherwise it would look too similar to a dragon only withouth legs.

The Coatl is not a dragon, or do you pigeonhole everything into the list of dragons?
    The Coatl is a Coatl.
    It is a Serpent with wings, nothing more.

Not a bird with the body of a snake, nor a dragon with the head of a bird. It is a snake with wings.

As often, mods came in to save the day. Hopefully the following mod will get ported over to WH3 when IE arrives. Unfortunately vanilla Coatl is just bad.
    Here's what the mod does:

The mod is "ok", but it is shameful that we have to use a MOD to be able to play with a proper design, CA should correct this shame. It can not be that a MOD or a 3D designer do a better job than the creative and design team who are paid a fortune to give us a good material, and give us dishonorable garbage as a final design and they don't even respect the official GW illustrations of what the Coatl actually looks like.
    Wyvax said:

It's interesting that the bird head look clearly derives from the kitbashed model from White Dwarf magazine, yet the head utilized was taken from a dragon kit. So logically the head should look more draconic, which while not necessarily serpentine, is still at least reptilian. Why they went with the bird head is beyond me.

Because they pay overpriced designers who don't know how to do their job well.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,518

As often, mods came in to save the day. Hopefully the following mod will get ported over to WH3 when IE arrives. Unfortunately vanilla Coatl is just bad.
    Here's what the mod does:

I now it's just a mod; but this is a mess of textures... it doesn't look good quality at all.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,460
    edited June 21
    Ge32 said:

Red_Dox said:

After zero changes to the despicable Stone Trolls, yeah, would not expect they roll the red carpet out for a Coatl change.

-----Red Dox

Hate to break it to you but they did it already last year. So "they can't" is out of the window.

Which brings me back to: Stone Trolls

who were done dirty two years ago as a DLC unit

and nothing was done about it so far.

In case of the Coatl, I would also rather see a flying snake like in the artwork.

But at least CA had "not much" material here to go with. They picked the "dragonhead conversion" as template, GW apparently signed that off, and that is that.

We all can ask and wish for a Coatl change, but looking back at two years of Stone Troll travesty, deaf ears and zero changes, I would not actually harbor any hope for a Coatl change.

------Red Dox
  • BigOlBobcatBigOlBobcat Registered Users Posts: 72
    It'd be nice if it looked as amazing the offical art or the nice looking kitbash, but as is I'm just glad it did end up coming, it gives my favorite lizardmen lord another flying unit to use in his all flying army
    edited June 21
    Red_Dox said:

Ge32 said:

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

Hate to break it to you but they did it already last year. So "they can't" is out of the window.

Which brings me back to: Stone Trolls

who were done dirty two years ago as a DLC unit

and nothing was done about it so far.

In case of the Coatl, I would also rather see a flying snake like in the artwork.

But at least CA had "not much" material here to go with. They picked the "dragonhead conversion" as template, GW apparently signed that off, and that is that.

We all can ask and wish for a Coatl change, but looking back at two years of Stone Troll travesty, deaf ears and zero changes, I would not actually harbor any hope for a Coatl change.

------Red Dox
    CA clearly 5h!ts on its customers, and then everything goes wrong.
    If CA listened to the people who buy their products, they wouldn't have these problems. They should learn from the success of the Sonic movie.
  • LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,218
    Ge32 said:

CA clearly 5h!ts on its customers, and then everything goes wrong.
    If CA listened to the people who buy their products, they wouldn't have these problems. They should learn from the success of the Sonic movie.

Dear god it's one model you don't like the look of. Switch off Overreation Theatre and have a lie down.
    It's a beta.
  • eomat#7953eomat#7953 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,896
    If anything needs a new model it's Necrarch, Damsel (Bretonnia) and Stone Trolls (They need the goofy big ear look).
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,188
    Ge32 said:

The Coatl.

Big Bird is a Drag Queen now... The degeneracy of public broadcasting must be stopped.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,929

That ship has sailed.

Alberic and Malagor would like a word.