Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Missing faction!!!!

wannoswannos Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1
edited June 25 in General Discussion
ok heres just a quick heads up to the total war developers.. in terms of video game relations with the totoal war fantasy logo! you seem to be missing the option to play as the mecenary force which is construed through out all of the warhammer fantasy video games. i think the entire warhammer community will agree with me.. the mercs are not related to one faction or another but take their units from a varied pool of all factions.. as they fight purely for gold and honour.. i think it would be a small mistake to not have this playable option in the game. perhaps maybe under a story mode where the mercenary commander/player works for a specific faction like in the total war video games.

other than that cant wait for its release.
Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on

Comments

• IzzyStradlin#2842IzzyStradlin#2842 Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonRegistered Users Posts: 11,632
    edited June 2015
    Why would playing as a mercenary faction be both Total War and interesting? :)
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    edited June 2015
    Doesnt strike me as particulary high on the priority list, especially since even Games Workshop basically stopped supporting their Dogs of War.

Though I allways wanted to player a merc-faction in total war games, since Medieval II.

Maybe if they decide to bring in Ogres in a future expansion a merc playstyle, where you wage wars for other nations in exchange for coin could be possible.
  • bjarkedbjarked Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,111
    edited June 2015
    I think they should just keep them as mercs as they have done in all the other games.
    Having them as there own faction would just be weird.

maybe have a "open world" type campaign where you control a single army and goes around recruiting units from other factions cities and fight for them in there wars for coin. kind of like the M&B camping map, just with legions in steed of single units. And turn based instead of real time.

But that has been disused in a another thread.
  • Setrus#7519Setrus#7519 Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,842
    edited June 2015
    Can't you just make some kind of "We want Dark Omen 2" fundraising/signature thing? :)
    Don't worry.
  • hephep Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 403
    edited June 2015
    Have a look at this thread.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/156512-Mercenary-Campaign

I'd love a mercenary campaign aswell as the main campaign, but I think it would have to play very differently from the main campaign, it would suit being a DLC/expansion.

I think the mercenary campaign would be much easier to implement with the new quests that CA are including and I think the Mercenary campaign would be well suited for warhammer, for the reasons that you mentioned.
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394
    edited June 2015
    Not in total war, other games which are solely story driven ok.
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • Processing#6286Processing#6286 Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 815
    I genuinely think Dogs of War would work. The question is whether CA would want to flesh them out.

We have never had a fully merc faction before, but alas, maybe Ogre Mercenaries were a testing ground for these things...
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285

I genuinely think Dogs of War would work. The question is whether CA would want to flesh them out.

We have never had a fully merc faction before, but alas, maybe Ogre Mercenaries were a testing ground for these things...

Why the hell did you necro a thread from 7 years ago?!

It was an interesting thought... I expanded upon it!
  • SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,856

He wants to surpass Nagash. Raising something this old and buried might just do it.

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,648
    By Sigmar, where are the witch hunters when you need them? We have a Necromancer over here and a very potent one it seems!
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,648

I‘m actually curious, how does someone find such old threads? It’s an honest question.
  • mewade44#6520mewade44#6520 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,085
    Never heard of such a faction before.
    ArneSo said:

I‘m actually curious, how does someone find such old threads? It’s an honest question.
    You have to search through the deserts of Nehekara to find your answers...

ArneSo said:

You have to search through the deserts of Nehekara to find your answers...
    Dang it I knew it! *grabs shovel*
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,742
    ArneSo said:

Probably with google.

It happens pretty often for me where I google something TWW related and one of the first results is a forum thread. And not necessarily a recent one.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,234
    Just, why?
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,402
    Damn what's with all the necromancy?

Maybe there should be a rule that any thread that's inactive for 12 months gets autolocked.
This discussion has been closed.