Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In your opininon, who are the top 3 strongest fighters in the Lore ?

Comments

• EyeEye Registered Users Posts: 160
    ArneSo said:

Skarbrand
    Grimgor
    Vlad

Vlad is spellcaster and heavily rely on his magical items
  • NikolabracNikolabrac Registered Users Posts: 689
    Yall dumb since it is clearly Anerion the first phoenix king in lore the guy was a legendary badass before he became the champion of Asuryan
    The second and third place is Sigmar/Archaon
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 2,173
    Grimgor doesn't belong anywhere near the top of this list. He only claims to be the best but his noticeable feats aren't very impressive in the end. He lost pretty decisively to Archaon in their second duel, the time he didn't suckerpunch the Everchosen.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 2,279
    Yannir said:

Grimgor doesn't belong anywhere near the top of this list. He only claims to be the best but his noticeable feats aren't very impressive in the end. He lost pretty decisively to Archaon in their second duel, the time he didn't suckerpunch the Everchosen.

You know that the OP said without magic or items ? Archaon win using a magic demonic eye otherwise he die.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 2,173
    Nazjax said:

Yannir said:

You know that the OP said without magic or items ? Archaon win using a magic demonic eye otherwise he die.
    Grimgor headbutted the Eye of Sheerian to atoms. But yeah, Archaon had to summon U'Zuhl from the Slayer of Kings to beat Grimgor. Archaon isn't in the top 3 either though, in the top 10 maybe, with or without magic items. He just happened to be lucky enough to never encounter any of the ones that could beat him. I'm pretty sure Abhorash, Gilles le Breton, Skarbrand or Aenarion would've beaten him.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • harngersteinharngerstein Registered Users Posts: 984
    Whoever the person writing the armybook you bought thought
  • AzooloAzoolo Registered Users Posts: 79
    From what I've seen so far, there seems to be a consensus towards Ahborash / Gilles le breton as sigma chads. Too bad Gilles is "just" a pretty anecdotic hero, and Ahborash just not in the game
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 5,179
    Otters007 said:

Tyrion, Eltharion and Imrik.

Lol no.

Grimgor, Skarbrand, Kholek.

Settra, Vlad, Abhorash, Tyrion, Ungrim and Kroq Gar probably in the next tier.
    Lol Grimgor is not in the tier with any if them.
    Nazjax said:

afverrall said:

He's a real badass kicked grimgors ass without any magic items.

He just survived, they both do. It's amazing since his boss Archaon got killed by Grimgor but why kicked lol.
    Archaon killed Grimgor
    Nazjax said:

Yannir said:

And grimgor was incarnate of the wind of beasts
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,799

Nazjax said:

Yannir said:

Not to mention Grimgor boy has powerful items of his own. He really has a weird fanbase that like to overrate him.
  • GrbaGrba Registered Users Posts: 500
    Weird that nobody mentions Greasus Goldtooth...
  • BigOlBobcatBigOlBobcat Registered Users Posts: 72
    Raw skill it would be gotrek, he is stupidly strong and durable even without armor, he's been there and done that while nearly naked, and with how powerful his axe is I'd be surprised if anyone short of say kholek could tank a hit from it, so I'd have to say that in no particular order it'd be skarbrand gotrek and kholek, as is grimgor gets a lot of hype, but that's mostly due to his size and power, not his actual skill, and when faced with opponents that are larger and more powerful then him, he is pretty much boned if his army doesn't tire them out faster, the sword elf could be argued for, but ultimately he has an issue where elves are naturally inferior in stamina, while less so for him, he'd still feel in any long duals between them
  • BigOlBobcatBigOlBobcat Registered Users Posts: 72

Yall dumb since it is clearly Anerion the first phoenix king in lore the guy was a legendary badass before he became the champion of Asuryan

Problem is that if you include these times and people, you also have to include the literal ancestor gods, and since his power was good, until he picked up a blade any elf can pick up, that takes him down quite a notch
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,333
    Abhorash is obviously in the running. He's the single greatest fighter of the most martially focused bloodline of vampires and has thousands of years of combat experience. Gilles le Breton, as the only fighter to ever actually best Abhorash in single combat, stands above him.
    Beyond them, it's a toss-up. Kroq-gar is the most famed warrior and general of the Saurus with thousands of years of combat experience and was literally engineered for war; Settra is physically stronger than most ogres and killed Kholek in a duel; Aenerion is probably the greatest fighter of the Elves to ever live even before he took up the Widowmaker; Grimgor is the "Da One True Git" and the chosen of Gork and/or Mork; Archaon is busted to all hell with all of his blessings on top of his already formidable combat ability, but without all of his artifacts I don't know that he would stand up very well against other fighters.

I'm going to say Gilles, Abhorash, Kroq-gar in that order.
    edited June 30

Anerion is overrated he is heavy empowered by the swords of Khaine wich surspass almost any weapon in warhammer world and don't forget that he was supported by One of the strongest star dragon in his legendary battle against four great demons so i think he not as strong as many people think
    Yannir said:

Nazjax said:

Yannir said:

Grimgor headbutted the Eye of Sheerian to atoms. But yeah, Archaon had to summon U'Zuhl from the Slayer of Kings to beat Grimgor. Archaon isn't in the top 3 either though, in the top 10 maybe, with or without magic items. He just happened to be lucky enough to never encounter any of the ones that could beat him. I'm pretty sure Abhorash, Gilles le Breton, Skarbrand or Aenarion would've beaten him.
    Even heavily injured Archaon with almost all of his gifts broken manage to fight Sigmar on equal level and i so i think that he indeed worthy match for any other melee fighter in warhammer world
    Grba said:

Also Durthu and Gotrek

Nazjax said:

afverrall said:

He just survived, they both do. It's amazing since his boss Archaon got killed by Grimgor but why kicked lol.
    Archaon killed Grimgor
    The discussion was about Storm of chaos not End times.

And even in end times Archaon loose with the OP rules.

Nazjax said:

Yannir said:

Not to mention Grimgor boy has powerful items of his own. He really has a weird fanbase that like to overrate him.
    But Grimgor can kill everyone with a random axe or punching him.

And I don't overrate him, he is just the best :p (joke)

Nazjax said:

Yannir said:

Someone posted about this a few days ago, and they showed that not only was he empowered by the wind of the beasts, but Gork and Mork aswell as possibly the great maw depending on how you read it has empowered him aswell
    Nazjax said:

Nazjax said:

afverrall said:

Archaon killed Grimgor
    The discussion was about Storm of chaos not End times.

And even in end times Archaon loose with the OP rules.
    He didn't kill him in storm of chaos either. He just came out for nowhere, surprised headbutted him and then left.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    Sigmar, Archaon, and Gotrek
  • NiggeyNiggey Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 193
    I love Gotrek & all the books and think he is very powerful and skilled, but the question that lingers in my mind is how powerful would be without his axe (and plot armor)?

He only has his axe as his only magic item in comparison to other characters, but imo that is a huge power spike for him.
    Without it I would give other characters an edge, since he also had some pretty though fights in the book against non-named monsters.
    For example I think Nakai would beat Gotrek without his axe. Nakai has the advantage that his armour is natural and doesnt count as a magic item. I dont think you will pierce it easily without some magic weapons.
  • summertimelovinsummertimelovin Registered Users Posts: 543
    Grba said:

Totally surprised me too. Greasus doesn't even need armour or a weapon to beat (and eat) most characters.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,388
    Putting my vote on kroq. Can't beat the sheer amount of experience there. Like that lizard has fought and defeated what seems to be countless iterations of grimgor not to mention vampires and elves and all manner of champions from times and ages we know nothing about. Assumedly the current lineup of champions might be the best the world has to offer but kroq has just as assumedly beaten earlier iterations of all of them
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,282
    The one who won over my heart. His Majesty the Crown Prince Imrik of the House of Tor Caled, the Lord of Dragons. What a battle it was!
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,375
    Eye said:

Azoolo said:

I mean, single character has magic items...

I meant magic items abusers, like Archaon in comparison with Grimgor or Grombrindal for example.
    I dont think that he abuses them he only uses them to empower his martial capabilities or protect him from magic, like Grimgor did , in comparsion to Grombrindal who often used his abilities to attack his enemies in very unpredictable ways via teleporation or stealth
    Archaon would have died against Grimgor without his l33d haxx0r sword giving him a power boost.

The End Times just gave some Chaos Characters main character syndrome to not make Chaos a joke like in the Storm of Chaos.

In the same way, Gotrek is empowered by his Axe and its that Axe that makes him so highly resistant against so much things too, he would have died to Krell's Axe wound and it was the Axe that saved him from magic countless times.

Eye said:

Azoolo said:

I mean, single character has magic items...

I meant magic items abusers, like Archaon in comparison with Grimgor or Grombrindal for example.
    I dont think that he abuses them he only uses them to empower his martial capabilities or protect him from magic, like Grimgor did , in comparsion to Grombrindal who often used his abilities to attack his enemies in very unpredictable ways via teleporation or stealth
    Archaon would have died against Grimgor without his l33d haxx0r sword giving him a power boost.

The End Times just gave some Chaos Characters main character syndrome to not make Chaos a joke like in the Storm of Chaos.

In the same way, Gotrek is empowered by his Axe and its that Axe that makes him so highly resistant against so much things too, he would have died to Krell's Axe wound and it was the Axe that saved him from magic countless times.
    The text doesn't even state the sword empowered him.

Grimgor meanwhile was empowered by both being an incarnate and by by gork and mork
  • ManpersalManpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,924
    Killertut said:

teclis on his chicken /s

The question is in the lore, not on some strange deviation.